California Palace of the Legion of Honor hotels
California Palace of the Legion of Honor
The California Palace of the Legion of Honor is an elegant fine arts museum that sits on top of the cliffs in San Francisco’s Land’s End. It commands ocean views and overlooks windswept cypress trees—a nature retreat from the hustle of the city. In 1915, the 18th-century Palais de la Legion d’Honneur in Paris was recreated for San Francisco’s Panama Pacific International Exposition and was so beloved by art collector and socialite Alma Spreckels, she convinced her husband to commission a permanent replica, which became the California Palace of the Legion of Honor.
- Walk through the different halls of the California Palace of the Legion of Honor to see one of the best collections of ancient and European art in San Francisco, including works by Rembrandt, Rodin, and Monet.
- Enjoy the free organ concert on Saturdays and Sundays at 4pm in the museum to hear classical, pop, and Broadway favourites played on the world’s only indoor/outdoor organ.
- Take in the view from the courtyard and grounds of the Legion of Honor, which overlooks the Golden Gate Bridge and the city of San Francisco.
Although San Francisco has an excellent public transport system comprised of subway, cable cars, light rail, and busses, it is easiest to drive to the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. It is perched on a hill, and even the closest bus stops require a steep walk up to the museum. If relying on public transport, bus 18, 1, and 38L can get visitors fairly close, however, light rail and subway do not serve this part of the city. The California Palace of the Legion of Honor is a popular stop on many city tours.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (163 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
250 hotels near California Palace of the Legion of Honor
At Geary Parkway Motel San Francisco, tourists will find relaxing atmosphere and standard service. Visitors can visit to many local places such as Napa Sonoma Wine Country, Pier 39, Union Square... More
Tourists looking for well-furnished spaces located within convenient access to must-see attractions in the bustling San Francisco City find suitable base at The Laurel Inn - A Joie de Vivre Hotel.... More
Whether in San Francisco for a corporate trip or recreational holiday, Hotel Tomo makes for a convenient base for travellers in this part of California. This Japanese-inspired hotel places patrons... More
Welcoming travellers to cosy accommodations and Japanese-inspired interior, Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel makes for an ideal starting point in discovering San Francisco tourist spots. This... More
With tastefully appointed affordable units and convenient services situated in the vibrant city of San Francisco, Casa Loma Hotel makes for a suitable base for travellers seeking to explore this... More
Welcoming holidaymakers to cosy accommodations with vibrant interiors, Hotel Del Sol makes for a suitable base for discerning travellers of San Francisco. This California hotel is near Fisherman's... More
Discover Cavallo Point, a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge in one of America's most popular national parks. It's one of the most romantic destinations in the area and a great springboard for... More
Assuring quality amenities and exceptional service, the Ramada Limited San Francisco offers a home away from home experience. GeneralDuring leisure, you can surf the net, explore the surroundings... More
Offering outstanding customer service and relaxing accommodation, the Days Inn Lombard Street is a perfect place for you to reside when you are in San Francisco. GeneralGuests can enjoy their stay... More