Alcatraz Island hotels
Alcatraz Island San Francisco
Alcatraz Island is a small island situated in San Francisco Bay, located a mere 2.4 kilometres from the shores of San Francisco. Popular with tourists who are fascinated by its intriguing history, the island (sometimes known by its nickname, “The Rock”) houses what was once a military prison and later a federal prison. Whilst Alcatraz no longer contains criminals, the facility does offer daily tours. Additionally, there is a vast array of native plants and wildlife about the island for tourists to enjoy. The views from Alcatraz Island are not to be discounted either, making it a worthy stop on any visit to the San Francisco area.
- While waiting for the Alcatraz ferry, enjoy browsing the stores and restaurants along Pier 33, enjoying the freshest seafood in San Francisco, and taking in the amazing views of the cliffs on Alcatraz Island.
- Walk amongst the flora and fauna of The Rock, whilst enjoying the Gardens of Alcatraz tour, highlighting some of the tidepools and roses decorating the island.
- Travellers with time to spare may take a ferry to Angel Island, a forested state park with plenty of hiking and biking trails.
Whilst Alcatraz Island is instantly recognizable to anyone visiting the San Francisco Bay area, there is only one way to get access to the island. Alcatraz Cruises are the only tour boats allowed to stop on the island, so be careful not to take tours from another company, as they will simply sail past the island and point it out. Ferries offered by Alcatraz Cruises leave from Pier 33. Tickets can be bought either onsite or in advance. To get to the pier from other areas of San Francisco, hire a taxi or hop onto MUNI’s F line.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
260 hotels near Alcatraz Island
Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square is a luxurious residential-style haven in Ghirardelli Square that offers all-suite accommodations overlooking San Francisco Bay. Corporate travellers can... More
Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf pampers you through a wide range of services that are flexible to cater all your needs and to make your... More
550 North Point Street Map
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf San Francisco welcomes travellers to cosy accommodations situated in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. This San Francisco hotel places tourists near attractions... More
Located in the heart of San Francisco's famous Fisherman's Wharf, Marriott Hotel is an ideal place to reside and explore the city and its attractions. GeneralThere are seven flexible meeting... More
A multi-million dollar renovation transformed the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco into a sophisticated luxury hotel, complete with heated pool, fitness centre, concierge and... More
Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn At Fisherman's Wharf welcomes travellers to elegant and modern accommodations set close to the centre of San Francisco. Patrons of this Tuscan hotel are within... More
580 Beach Street Map
Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf is a fine property that offers the guests elegant facilities and an interesting location to have a memorable holiday. GeneralAt your free time be sure to... More
Offering deluxe accommodations in a prime location, the boutique-style Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf makes for a convenient base to discerning travellers in this part of California. Aside from strolling... More
The Argonaut Hotel San Francisco is an exciting boutique hotel located in a historical building that also houses The Cannery, a collection of shops and dining in a unique vintage setting. This... More