San Diego Wild Animal Park hotels
San Diego Wild Animal Park
One of the most popular and famous amusement parks in Southern California, and San Diego especially, is the San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido, CA. Now known as the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, this beautiful and expansive open-air zoo features exhibits of wild and endangered species from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and both North and South America in authentic habitats. Visitors can watch condors breed, rhinos feed, and antelope gallop freely across over 1,800 acres of space. Some of the most popular exhibits include the cheetahs, lions and giraffes.
- Experience the incredible speed of the fastest land animal, the cheetah, by watching the Cheetah Run exhibit at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, where the majestic beast reaches speeds of up to 112 kph in only 4 seconds.
- View the animals from a different perspective by taking a ride on the Flightline Safari zip line, which soars above rhinos, deer, and the beautiful Escondido, CA countryside.
- Spend the night and camp in the park; the Roar and Snore Safari camping adventure in Escondido, CA offers kids a chance to witness the creatures at all hours.
Escondido, CA has a serviceable public transportation system, but it is recommended for visitors to rent a vehicle or use a private car to reach the San Diego Wild Animal Park; it is set off in a rather secluded area—51 kilometres from the San Diego Zoo site—and is most easily reached by private transport. Many rental car agencies are available through the San Diego Airport. It is possible to reach the zoo using public transportation, by taking the 350 Breeze bus to the 353 and exiting at Myers Street, then walking roughly 2 kilometres to the entrance.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
111 hotels near San Diego Wild Animal Park
Motel Mediteran Escondido combines grandeur with elegance and comfort for you to unwind as well as revive your energies through an awesome vacation. GeneralThe 24 hour front desk guides and... More
Blending comfortable accommodation with friendly and efficient services makes the Econo Lodge Escondido a favourite among all kinds of travellers. GeneralEnjoy shopping at the nearby Westfield... More
Tucked in a 20-acre landscaped garden estate on a prime coastal location, Carlsbad By The Sea Resort offers travellers the ideal base for their Californian vacation. Holidaymakers can spend a fun... More
Situated in the most desirable location, the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo is characterised by a commitment to quality and modern luxury, extending to the well being of its guests. ... More
With its comfortable accommodations and convenient location, Hampton Inn San Marcos makes for a suitable base for business and leisure travellers while in San Marcos, California. This... More
Offering convenient access to San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park, Comfort Inn Escondido with its comfortable atmosphere and quality accommodation serves as the right place for both families and... More
Nestled in a beautiful valley, surrounded by majestic hills, this elegant property offers excellent services and facilities for the business and leisure travellers, at affordable prices. ... More
Nestled in hills of North San Diego County, this Holiday Inn Express is well-placed for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralThe hotel also feature 2 well-appointed meeting rooms that... More
Best Western Escondido Hotel is known for providing the best in customer service and accommodations at an affordable rate. Guests will also enjoy nearby golfing, fishing, theatres and casinos.... More