From conventions to theme parks, Anaheim is an amazing place to do business, vacation or both. As the second-largest city in Orange County, California, Anaheim is home to several nationally known attractions like Knott's Berry Farm and California Adventure. The Anaheim Convention Center hosts many events every year and is conveniently located by several hotels. Since this city was founded by wine makers and grape growers, it is only fitting to hit up restaurants like Napa Roseand Seasons 52 Fresh Grill.
After grabbing a bite to eat, go shopping, visit some of the museums, or catch an exciting show at The Grove. For all things outdoors, Anaheim is the place to have an adventure. Laguna Beach and Catalina Islandoffer boating, fishing, and surfing to appease the masses that visit every year. Sporting events like baseball and football are always on the schedule, so catch a game over at Angel Stadium. No matter how you spend your time, you'll discover the area offers a pleasant diversity of things to do and see.
Anaheim’s Top 10
10. Crystal Cathedral With over 10,000 panes of glass, this structure soars to an impressive height and is in the shape of a four-pointed star.
5. Newport Beach This Anaheim beach offers over 10 miles of sand, sun, and fun. Watch whales, dine, shop, or ride the waves.
9. Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace Come explore this magnificent museum, and while you're there, step aboard the Army One helicopter.
4. Queen Mary As a popular hotel and Anaheim tourist attraction, this ship will have visitors taking a trip back in time with its amazing architecture and preservation.
8. Laguna Art Museum Discover a rich palette of various artists featured in the permanent collection and various exhibits at LAM.
3. Flightdeck Air Combat Center Take an unforgettable ride in an authentic fighter jet simulator and have an outrageous time.
7. Mission San Juan Capistrano Anaheim’s 200-year-old monument spans 10 acres and is always hosting numerous events and exhibits.
2. Knott's Soak City Water Park Splash into summer at this wild water park with thrilling water slides, tubes, and towers.
6. Orange County Zoo There are 477 acres of wildlife to observe and pet at this zoo located in Anaheim’s Irvine Park.
1. Disneyland Park As “the” theme park in Anaheim, this park is and always will be a magical place to visit.
- The Block at Orange – One of the most upscale places in Anaheim, with wonderful shopping.
- South Coast Plaza – A “city within a city” that receives more than 23 million visitors a year.
- Westfield Main Place – A place to enjoy shopping at its best.
- Anaheim Garden Walk – Features 440,000 square feet of shops, eateries and entertainment.
- Downtown Disney – A chic place with 120 acres of shops, restaurants and entertainment.
January kicks off in Anaheim with First Night in Fullerton. This annual New Year’s Eve party is family friendly and offers many free activities to ring in the new year.
Taste of San Juan in Anaheim is an event shared with the Fiesta de las Golondrinas, also known as the Return of the Swallows in San Juan Capistrano. Marvelous restaurants come together in one area to offer their tempting fare in February.
The Festival of Whales is celebrated in Anaheim every March and is a chance for everyone to view the migration of the whales. There is also a street fair with food, fun and games.
In April, Anaheim celebrates the Spring Citrus Fair. This fair is done in honor of La Habra Valley's Citrus Industry and offers visitors an event packed with food competitions, live music, carnival rides and much more.
Musical May brings the Doheny Blues Festival to Anaheim,which starts summer off right with music, food, arts and crafts.
For over 40 years in Anaheim, the Art-A-Fair is one of Southern Cali's most popular June events that features artists from all over the world.
As the summer heats up in July, celebrate the Anaheim Hills Fourth Festival and Parade.
August brings summer to a close with the OC Fair. This annual fair has taken place for many years and is a premier family event that is a must see and do in Anaheim.
Take a trip around the world in September with the International Street Fair. Ethnic foods, entertainment and crafts from around the world are showcased at this fair in Anaheim.
October fest, as its name implies, is an Anaheim October event that cannot be missed. Beer, bratwurst and traditional music are in the Old Village every year.
For November, attend the Turkey Trot in Anaheim and go for a run or cheer on others.
As the year comes to a close in December, the Sawdust Winter Fantasy offers Anaheim visitors the chance to shop and enjoy this unique fair with its artisan crafts, entertainment and hands-on projects.
When to Go
From May to September the summer days are hot with daily temperatures of around 76°F (24°C), while the evenings and nights are slightly cooler.
The weather from January through March is still mild, and there may be days that are rainy or cloudy. High temperatures during this time are 69°F (20°C) with lows of 45°F (7°C).
The spring and fall months of April to May and October through December have pleasantly warm days with chilly nights.
Los Angeles Airport (LAX) and John Wayne/OC Airport will bring visitors to Anaheim by way of several airline carriers both national and international.
You can take a bus through Greyhound Lines to Los Angeles and then take a connecting bus to Anaheim.
Amtrak serves Anaheim as well as many other cities in Orange County. The Pacific Surfliner travels to theme parks, beaches, and other attractions in Southern California.
The city of Anaheim in Orange County, California, is famous for one notable amusement park. But while Disneyland may be “The Happiest Place on Earth”, Anaheim has more in store for visitors than Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
A creation of careful and deliberate urban development, Anaheim is the affluent home for many business executives, sports and entertainment stars. With a relatively modest population of 350,000 people, though fast on the rise, the city has a disproportionate amount of wealth and attractions. From sports teams to theme parks, retail outlets and convention centers, Anaheim is a popular destination for family fun.
Attractions & Events
Disneyland Resort has undergone a major facelift and expansion in recent years, with even more ambitious plans to upgrade the complex in the near future. The resort includes the original Disneyland theme park, California Adventure theme park and Downtown Disney retail, entertainment and leisure plaza.Grove of Anaheim
The Grove of Anaheim is a live music hall within close proximity to Disneyland and Anaheim Stadium.Honda Center
The Honda Center, formerly known as the Arrowhead Pond, is the home of the 2007 Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks NHL franchise.Anaheim GardenWalk
The Anaheim GardenWalk is a colossal outdoor retail, entertainment and restaurant complex and popular Orange County haunt.Universal Studios
Universal Studios is a theme park with rides that mimic famous films from the Hollywood factory.Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry Farm is a traditional roller coaster-centric amusement park where the focus is on family-style fun and entertainment.Orange Country Beaches
Orange County has some of the best coastline in California. Huntington Beach is Surf City, while South Laguna Beach and Newport Beach teem with beautiful people and serve as de facto celebrity havens.Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge
The Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge contains over 900 acres of former saltwater marshland, now a conservation area for endemic fauna under threat from human development.Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve
Within the Huntington Beach community is Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve, a strip of coastal wetland under state protection, popular for beautiful trail scenery.
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is a successful MLB franchise that plays at Anaheim Stadium to capacity crowds. The baseball season runs from April to September.Hockey
The Anaheim Ducks bring a competitive and fierce brand of hockey to the city from October to April.Food & Wine Festivals
Late June heralds the arrival of two culinary festivals to Anaheim in the Taste of Anaheim and Summer Food and Wine Festival.Independence Day
The upscale district of Anaheim Hills puts on a rather impressive 4th of July Festival and Parade every year.Art-A-Fair
The Art-A-Fair transforms Laguna Beach into a veritable art gallery from July to September.Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade
The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade is a week-long cavalcade of sea vessels in beautiful Newport harbour.
The Mediterranean coastal climate of Anaheim and proximate towns provides offers balmy weather throughout the year. Summers are warm and dry while winters receive the bulk of annual rainfall.
- Winter (December to February) 9-21°C
- Spring (March to April) 11-23°C
- Summer (May to September) 14-29°C
- Fall (October to November) 12-26°C
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Los Angeles hotels (118 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
113 hotels in Anaheim, US
Anabella Hotel offers luxury accommodations just a short drive from Knott's Berry Farm amusement park, the Imagination Machine and Theatre Vinetree. The hotel is just a short drive fro many of... More
With its multi-million dollar renovation, the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim has established itself as a premier hotel for travellers visiting Disneyland Resort. This warm and inviting hotel boasts... More
With proximity to the famous Disneyland and presenting a perfect combination of personal service, comfort and value, Castle Inn & Suites Anaheim welcomes you to a world of comfort and indulgence. ... More
Relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings at the Cortona Inn and Suites Anaheim Resort, which is known for its excellent amenities and offeres easy access to the area attractions like the Disney... More
Experience the beauty of Southern California in one of freshest and unique hotels in the Anaheim and the Disneyland Resort area. Conveniently located off the 5 Freeway on the corner of Harbor... More