Want to see what guests are saying about this hotel? Click here to read all reviews
Conferences and meetings can all be accommodated, professionally and in style, with dedicated rooms and facilities accessible at this property to suite your needs. During your stay at this house, you can visit the wonderful boat museum, aquarium of the lakes, steam railway or the Beatrix Potter Exhibition in Bowness.
Reservation Policy: A £50 per room deposit will be payable on all reservations. Cancellation Policy: If a cancellation occurs less than 48hours prior to arrival, the hotel reserves the right to recover full costs of the booking. Check-in Policy: Latest Check-in is 9PM everyday.
The Lodge has ample FREE parking available on site.
Ideally located in the New Road, the Ellerthwaite Lodge is just a short walk from the shores of Lake Windermere. This property is also only a 2-minute drive from the centre of Windermere village.
FROM M6: Depart M6 at exit 29, turn left on to 1st ramp then take ramp LEFT to M6 again. Take Junction 36 exit LEFT toward South Lakes / A590 / Kendal / A65 / Barrow / Kirkby Lonsdale / Skipton. You will come to a roundabout. Exit roundabout at 5th exit onto A590 and bear RIGHT (northwest) onto A591. Pass through 1 roundabout and bear LEFT (west), and then bear LEFT (southwest) onto High Street. Turn LEFT (south) onto Victoria Street then LEFT (south) again onto A5074 / Crescent Road. Turn RIGHT (west) onto Rayrigg Gardens and the Lodge is the first left after Ellerthwaite Road.
Start off your day with freshly prepared Continental breakfast served at this charming property. For the dining and wining pleasure, guests can visit the nearby restaurants that offers scrumptious fare to relish.
Designed for your comfort, all the guestrooms are tastefully decorated and furnished with all the contemporary amenities that suits your frame of mind.
A small £15 charge will be applied to children staying in a room with 2 adults. In the case of children having their own room, normal rates apply.
Ellerthwaite Lodge Rooms
- Standard Double
- The hotel provides 16 relaxing, comfortably furnished en-suite rooms for guests to enjoy bed and breakfast accommodation in Windermere. Rooms have been dressed with bespoke soft furnishings, excelsior deluxe mattresses, 20 inch flat screen Philips TV's with 10 channels.
- Family Room
- Designed with all modern comforts and excellent facilities to ensure a pleasant, relaxing stay. Room sleeps 2 adults and 2 children in a double bed and bunk beds. A DEEP CLEANING CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED IF YOU SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM.
- Superior Double
- Spacious accommodation with modern appliances and facilities to ensure a pleasant getaway. One room has a four poster and the other has exposed beams and roof aspects. A DEEP CLEANING CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED IF YOU SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM.
- Standard Twin
- Designed with all modern comforts and excellent facilities to ensure a pleasant, relaxing stay. A DEEP CLEANING CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED IF YOU SMOKE IN-ROOM.
- Standard Single
- Including English breakfast, Free Wi-Fi & parking. A cosy & comfortable, stylishly decorated room furnished to an extremely high standard ideal for the solo traveller. A DEEP CLEANING CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED IF YOU SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM.
- Junior Suite
- Including English breakfast, Free Wi-Fi & onsite parking. Designed with all modern comforts and excellent facilities to ensure a pleasant, relaxing stay. A DEEP CLEANING CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED IF YOU SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM.
- Free parking
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Room service
- Business centre
- Conference facilities
- Free parking
Hotels recommended for you
Customers who viewed Ellerthwaite Lodge also booked these hotels.
- Area served
- Windermere, cumbria
- Nearby airports
- Manchester International Airport 120 km
- Area description
- The Lodge is centrally located in the town of Windermere, originally called Birthwaite until the Kendel and Windermere Rail company built a train station in the village and called it Windermere Station, a name which has been associated with the town and lake since.
- The Hotel offers a Cumbrian Breakfast which can be enjoyed in the bright, spacious and tastefully decorated Dining rooms. In one of the room's is a Grandfather clock which seems to add a little charm every quarter hour when it chimes. As the lodge is located only 2mins from the centre of the town, it has selected to only cater for breakfasts allowing the guests freedom to dine in the many restaurants and bars in the town.
Terms and conditions
Extra charges may apply for children. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the quoted rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.