Milton Keynes hotels
What travelers to Milton Keynes are saying
Milton Keynes Rundown
Milton Keynes , the largest and the last of the government’s English New Towns, was born in the 1960s and plonked halfway between London and Birmingham as part of a regeneration scheme to bring more houses to the South East. The thriving city has stood the test of time and has become a melting pot of ethnicities, its place on the map helped by world-class institution the Open University setting up headquarters here.
Milton Keynes has a strongly modernistic design courtesy of its ‘father’, the renowned architect Derek Walker, whose plans for the town included enabling people to travel round its grid-based network of roads with ease, plans which have proved far-sighted.
Big attractions such as the National Bowl with its 65,000 capacity have drawn the tourists and Milton Keynes Theatre has a unique design allowing for the ceiling to be lowered creating a more intimate setting for plays. Milton Keynes Museum shows visitors what the area was like before the foundations of the new town were laid. Milton Keynes Village is the original village to which the New Town owes its name – with its thatched pub and village hall stands in stark opposition to the newness around it.
MILTON KEYNES’S TOP 10
10. Gulliver’s Land close to Milton Keynes has rollercoaster’s and runaway trains, or take a trip along Jungle River.
5. Daytona Raceway is for speed freaks. Get your fix on one of three challenging tracks.
9. Woburn Safari Park for a walk on the wild side. Take a trip on foot through the Land of the Lemurs, but best stick to the car for the Kingdom of the Carnivores.
4. Milton Keynes Glow Bowling When the lights go down, your lanes light up. Get glowing.
8. Aerial Extreme is an awesome high ropes activity course. Goliath is a 100ft leap into the ultimate freefall experience. Even more awesome.
3. Unleash your inner Tarzan at Go Ape. Swing through the forest on treetop wires. Monkey business of the highest calibre.
7. Furtzon Lake is home to Milton Keynes’ Triple Starhead sculpture.
2. Milton Keynes’ Willen Lake is for lovers of water activities. You will wet your pants at what’s on offer here, so pack a 2nd pair.
6. Bletchley Park Budding James Bonds can sneak a peek at code-breaking activities.
1. Airkix In Milton Keynes you can go skydiving – indoors! Step into the upright wind tunnel and fly like a bird.
MILTON KEYNES EVENTS
Get yourself down to Milton Keynes’ Dragon Boat Festival in July to see 40ft boats battle it out, and watch the dance of the Chinese lion.
The Summer Fayre Festival is Milton Keynes’ 3 day extravaganza of live music and comedy – plus a retro Victorian funfair.
If you’re looking for fun of the non-stop variety head to the tropical paradise of the Filipino Fiesta held in Milton Keynes in June.
The Great Linford Waterside Festival is a 3 day Milton Keynes event for all the family with music, attractions and arts and crafts.
Watch films for all at the giant Milton Keynes Open Air Film Festival in August. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the drive-in experience.
And now for something completely different - the Hand-Made & Vintage Fair, held in Milton Keynes in July.
Art Alert! For two weeks in June the biggest visual arts event in the county comes to Milton Keynes – over 480 artists turn up.
The World Picnic in July is
Stadium Way West Map
Signature chocolate chip cookie at check-in
Doubletree by Hilton Milton Keynes Hotel offers luxurious accommodation, dining, conference and recreational facilities for its guests. Set in the premises of the MK Dons Football Club Stadium, the... More
At Campanile Hotels & Restaurants, everything is tailored to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Whether its leisure or a business trip, you can enjoy our modern and comfortable rooms with... More
Great if you're visiting Bletchley Park
Newport Road Map
Rate includes up to 40% off, Breakfast and more
If you are planning for an ideal holiday destination in Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel is a fascinating place and haven of tranquillity. General The Mercure Milton Keynes Parkside Hotel also... More
Boasting a tranquil ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralThe hotel offers 12 well-appointed meeting rooms that... More
If you are looking for an ideal holiday destination in Milton Keynes, the Holiday Inn Hotel is a perfect place for you to reside and explore the surrounding areas. GeneralThe hotel has 8 meeting... More
Offering contemporary accommodation and the modern day conveniences, this property is the perfect choice for leisure and business travellers, while visiting Milton Keynes. GeneralThis hotel offers... More
Good weekend away
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, Jurys Inn Milton Keynes is the perfect base for guests to reside whether they are in Milton Keynes for business or pleasure. This inn is an... More
Great location for central Milton Keynes
With convenient location, the Express by Holiday Inn Milton Keynes offers contemporary, convenient and affordable accommodation in the UK's newest city. GeneralMeeting the needs of modern... More
Very Comfortable and excellent value
With a peaceful ambience and serenity, the Novotel Milton Keynes with its elegant accommodation and convenient facilities makes the best place to stay. General Well-equipped meeting rooms are also... More