Fox and Hounds Country Hotelhttp://www.hotelclub.com/hotels/United_Kingdom/Exeter/Fox_and_Hounds_Country_Hotel.h879271/
Fox And Hounds Country Hotel Exeter has one conference and one function room that can handle wedding and meeting events of up to 100 participants. A health and beauty room offering relaxing treatments is available at the pet-friendly facility.
Fox And Hounds Country Hotel is positioned on Chulmleigh and is within close proximity to Eggesford Train Station. Golf enthusiasts can play challenging golf on the manicured greens of Chulmleigh Golf Course and the lush fairways of Highbullen Hotel, Golf and Country Club.
Fox And Hounds Country Exeter has Restaurant Lounge where diners can savour delicious cuisines. Cap off the night with a drink at Garden Terrace.
All rooms and suites showcase old world-style interior design and outfitted with modern comforts such as flat-screen TV, radio, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer and toiletries. Some units come with walk-in shower or private patio. This hotel also offers handicap-accessible units.
Fox and Hounds Country Hotel Rooms
- Standard Room
- Rooms offer the traditionally comfortable furnishings and decor one would expect of a country hotel, allowing guests to truly relax after an exhilarating day spent enjoying the delights of the countryside. In addition, rooms boast an excellent range of modernised features to enhance your enjoyment, including flat screen television and free wireless internet access. For an extra sense of grandeur in your stay, the hotel's four poster bedrooms complete with antique furnishings are the perfect treat for those special weekends away.
- Superior and Family Rooms
- Our largest rooms feature flat screen TV & radios, hot drink making facilities with the 'good' biscuits, hairdryer, fluffy bathrobes and luxury toiletries. With either four poster or canopy kingsize beds all are furnished to a high standard. Our largest family suite has a separate lounge area with bunk beds and space for cots as required. One superior room on the ground floor has two double beds, bath with over shower, separate sitting area and own private patio overlooking the garden.
- Standard Family and Twin Rooms
- Our family twins have a double and single bed with additional space for a cot if required and feature all the amenities of our double rooms. Suitable for a maximum of 2 children.
- Single Rooms
- Compact and cosy with 4 foot beds our singles have full en-suite facilities, TV, tea & coffee facilities and hairdryer. Recommended only for 1 guest.
- Disabled Friendly Rooms
- We have 3 ground floor rooms in total which all face the garden. The superior Garden Room with its' own terrace has a normal bath with over shower and is dog friendly. The standard room number 20 with its' own patio area can be double or twin with a walk-in shower and is also dog friendly (N.B shower width is 70cm so suited to partially mobile guests). We also have our new standard twin number 21 with fully adapted wet room and low level units as the most suited to wheelchair users. Please note in high season the Garden Room (as our most popular room) is subject to a minimum stay of 2 nights.
- High speed internet
- Free parking
- Pet friendly
- Room service
- Conference facilities
- High speed internet
- Free parking
Hotels recommended for you
Customers who viewed Fox and Hounds Country Hotel also booked these hotels.
- Area served
- Nr Exeter, Devon.(58km)
- Nearby airports
- Plymouth International Airport.(71km)
- Area description
- The local area boasts many sites of interest and country pursuits, including the famous national parks of Dartmoor and Exmoor. There is an amazing array of activities on offer at the hotel or in the nearby countryside. The hotel is famous for its fishing with a rich history associated with trout and salmon fishing and currently has over five miles of fishing available on the River Taw with concessions at a number of other local rivers. If you fancy something more energetic there is great riding, seasonal shooting, walking and numerous golf courses within a few minutes drive. Slightly further afield are the beaches of North Devon with Saunton Sands and Croyde, rightly famous for its surfing, about 35 minutes drive.
- Meeting Info
- The hotel offers two meeting roomsholding a maximum capacity of 100 theatre style and 120 cocktail style for that special event whether for business or pleasure. Also full business support services are available plus spa activities at the end of the day.
- Food is a passion at the Fox and Hounds and under the guidance of the Head Chef, the hotel has been granted a high commendation at the prestigious Publican Food & Drink Awards. From traditional home made classics, such as 'Proper' Steak & Kidney Pudding with hand cut chips, to the most beautifully presented a la carte dish, your meal will be freshly prepared to order.
Terms and conditions
Extra charges may apply for children. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the quoted rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.