Birmingham New Street Station hotels
Birmingham New Street Railway Station
The Birmingham New Street Railway Station is a bustling travel hub, servicing over forty million people every year. It is one of the busiest rail terminals in the United Kingdom, and is the most used railway station outside of London. The current Birmingham station was built in the 1960s, replacing a Victorian-era facility that had begun to deteriorate. Since the terminal is so heavily used, an upgrade process began in 2008 and is slated to end in 2015. The renovation aims to modernize the design, introduce natural light, and increase passenger capacity.
- Visit the nearby Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham, which is one of the busiest commercial centres in the world, and has a variety of stores including Apple, Debenhams and Zara.
- Check out the unique architecture of the Birmingham New Street Station, like the intriguing signal box, which is a blocky, fortress-like structure whose lines are softened by the use of corrugated concrete.
- Marvel at the Iron Horse sculpture on New Street in Birmingham; this is the only steel sculpture left from the set made by Kevin Atherton in 1987 that stood between the terminal and Wolverhampton.
The Birmingham New Street Railway Station is the city’s main rail terminal, and it is conveniently located in the central business district. Naturally, most visitors will arrive to the station by train. For those travellers who are in Birmingham and need to get to the station, taxis are available throughout the area. Visitors can also opt to use a rental car to get to the terminal, as there are numerous car rental offices throughout the city. If you are already in Birmingham’s city centre, you can walk over to the station.
12 Holloway Circus, Queensway Map
Save 30% On Your Stay
Make the beautiful Radisson Blu Hotel Birmingham your home away from home when visiting the beautiful Birmingham City. The property with its impressive range of amenities, is an ideal destination... More
Jurys Inn Birmingham offers an inviting ambience and friendly service essential for a relaxing vacation. Outdoor enthusiasts can visit The Botanical Gardens that consist of 15 acres of beautiful... More
1 Brunswick Square Map
Complimentary wired and Wi-Fi Internet Access
The stylish contemporary Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace is the ideal base for a city break or a business trip. It is located close to one of Europe's biggest indoor entertainment... More
The advanced quality, comfortable accommodation and location of the Birmingham Marriott will make every trip a pleasure for every guest, visiting to Birmingham. GeneralCatering to the needs of its... More
200 Broad Street Map
Free On The House hot breakfast, Wi-Fi
Holidaymakers find ideal starting base at the cosy accommodations of Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street conveniently positioned along major travel road Broad Street in Birmingham. This city... More
One night stay for the markets
The Copthorne Hotel Birmingham's prime location right in the centre of the city ensures its popularity with both holidaymakers and business travelers. Overlooking Centenary Square, Birmingham's... More
A most enjoyablle weekend break.
Relish your stay in true comfort and privacy at the Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel that distinguishes itself by offering luxurious accommodation and immaculate service to give you the most... More
Located within The Cube in Birmingham, Hotel Indigo Birmingham is a modern and beautifully designed accommodation that caters to stylish business and leisure travellers. For sightseeing, tourists... More
New Street Map
Book 10 days or more in advance and save!
The Britannia Hotel Birmingham is ideally situated for visitors keen to explore the UK's second largest city, but is also a good choice of accommodation for business travelers. The property is... More
Refine your search
- Birmingham Gay Village hotels
- O2 Academy Birmingham hotels
- Birmingham Back to Backs hotels
- Birmingham Hippodrome hotels
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground hotels
- Alexandra Theatre hotels
- Electric Cinema hotels
- St. Martin in the Bull Ring hotels
- Corporation Street hotels
- Birmingham Town Hall hotels
- Birmingham Central Library hotels
- Victoria Square hotels