Birmingham New Street Station hotels
Birmingham New Street Railway Station
The Birmingham New Street Railway Station is a bustling travel hub, servicing over forty million people every year. It is one of the busiest rail terminals in the United Kingdom, and is the most used railway station outside of London. The current Birmingham station was built in the 1960s, replacing a Victorian-era facility that had begun to deteriorate. Since the terminal is so heavily used, an upgrade process began in 2008 and is slated to end in 2015. The renovation aims to modernize the design, introduce natural light, and increase passenger capacity.
- Visit the nearby Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham, which is one of the busiest commercial centres in the world, and has a variety of stores including Apple, Debenhams and Zara.
- Check out the unique architecture of the Birmingham New Street Station, like the intriguing signal box, which is a blocky, fortress-like structure whose lines are softened by the use of corrugated concrete.
- Marvel at the Iron Horse sculpture on New Street in Birmingham; this is the only steel sculpture left from the set made by Kevin Atherton in 1987 that stood between the terminal and Wolverhampton.
The Birmingham New Street Railway Station is the city’s main rail terminal, and it is conveniently located in the central business district. Naturally, most visitors will arrive to the station by train. For those travellers who are in Birmingham and need to get to the station, taxis are available throughout the area. Visitors can also opt to use a rental car to get to the terminal, as there are numerous car rental offices throughout the city. If you are already in Birmingham’s city centre, you can walk over to the station.
Jurys Inn Birmingham offers an inviting ambience and friendly service essential for a relaxing vacation. Outdoor enthusiasts can visit The Botanical Gardens that consist of 15 acres of beautiful... More
Night out with friend
New Street Map
Book 10 days or more in advance and save!
The Britannia Hotel Birmingham is ideally situated for visitors keen to explore the UK's second largest city, but is also a good choice of accommodation for business travelers. The property is... More
The Macdonald Burlington Hotel Birmingham has an excellent pedigree having played host to no less than five serving UK Prime Ministers including Winston Churchill. It's just minutes on foot to... More
Desperate for sleep
The Copthorne Hotel Birmingham's prime location right in the centre of the city ensures its popularity with both holidaymakers and business travelers. Overlooking Centenary Square, Birmingham's... More
A most enjoyablle weekend break.
Viva, 10 Commercial Street Map
Stay 4 or More SAVE 10%
Whether you are looking for short or long term accommodation in the west midlands for business or leisure, the Spires Serviced Suites Birmingham offers ultimate accommodation experience and... More
Romantic Weekend Away
Featuring deluxe accommodations conveniently positioned in the heart of the upscale shopping destination The Mailbox, Malmaison Birmingham makes for an ideal base for travellers visiting... More
The Paragon Hotel Birmingham, housed in a Grade 11 listed building dating back to 1903, is popular with tourists and business travelers alike. Visitor attractions nearby include Birmingham 'Think... More
A good hotel
Refine your search
- Birmingham Gay Village hotels
- O2 Academy Birmingham hotels
- Birmingham Back to Backs hotels
- Birmingham Hippodrome hotels
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground hotels
- Alexandra Theatre hotels
- Electric Cinema hotels
- St. Martin in the Bull Ring hotels
- Corporation Street hotels
- Birmingham Town Hall hotels
- Birmingham Central Library hotels
- Victoria Square hotels