Aberfoyle, United Kingdom
The village of Aberfoyle is located on the River Forth in Stirling, Scotland, 43 kilometres from Glasgow. An important gateway to the Trossachs, Aberfoyle is the home of the Lake of Menteith. Slate quarrying was a major industry (although now no longer in existence), as were wool spinning and ironworks. Aberfoyle is also home to the Go Ape! Adventure course and its two zip wires, both over 400 meters long, taking customers over a 27-meter waterfall.
- Loch Lomond
- Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Duke's Pass in Aberfoyle
- Enjoy a round of golf at Aberfoyle Golf Club, established in 1890 and designed by James Braid
- Learn about Scottish wool at the Scottish Wool Centre
- Tour Inchmahome Priory on Inchmahome island
Getting There & Around
Glasgow International Airport is the closest international airport connecting to Aberfoyle. Buses or hired car are available for the trip to town.
Many established coach and minibus companies are available for touring the area, as are taxis and minicabs. Bicycles are also available for hire.
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel and Spa is one of the most luxurious 4-star hotels in the scenic Trossachs area of Scotland. Conveniently located north of Glasgow and Edinburgh, our Aberfoyle hotel is... More
Experience the authentic haven of hospitality at Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa, which soaks up the mood of the beautiful surrounding countryside and is also a perfect base for golfing... More
Refine your search
- Mugdock Country Park hotels
- Stirling Castle hotels
- Wallace Memorial hotels
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens hotels
- Kelvingrove Park hotels
- University of Glasgow hotels
- Mitchell Library hotels
- Theatre Royal hotels
- Glasgow Film Theatre hotels
- National Theatre of Scotland hotels
- Glasgow Chinatown hotels
- Glasgow Caledonian University hotels