Al Fujairah hotels
Fujairah General Information
Though not nearly as famous or opulent as other emirates on the Persian Gulf, Fujairah is worth a tour for intrepid visitors to the United Arab Emirates and Arabian Peninsula. The only emirate on the Gulf of Oman unfurls some beautiful natural scenery and a small but nice ensemble of landmarks.
A mere 120 km from Dubai, Fujairah is a decent excursion for those who want to escape the loom of the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and Emirates Park Towers, if only for a day or two. As a small business and commercial hub of 130,000 people, Fujairah serves primarily as a base for popular domestic holiday destinations up the coast to Musandam, Oman. The beautiful capital of Oman in fact, Muscat (Masqat), is five to six hours from Fujairah and easily accessible by car or luxury coach bus. The Fujairah Corniche and Beach area, while not up to Dubai or Abu Dhabi standards, is nonetheless worthwhile. The local marketplace and palace provide adequate diversion and some excellent dive sites proliferate outside of Fujairah. With plans to develop a gigantic luxury resort city on the coast in the years to come, tourism to Fujairah is sure to pick up.
- Al Bidyah Mosque – This brick-and-mud mosque built in 1446 is the oldest in the United Arab Emirates.
- Al Hail Castle and Palace – This Iron Age castle and watchtower was used by the Al Sharqiyin ruling family.
- Fujairah Fort – One of the most popular landmarks in the area, this centuries-old fort is located on a hill.
- Al Bithna Fort – This old fort built in the 18th century once guarded a strategic route.
- Fujairah Museum – This museum houses archaeological artefacts uncovered around the emirate.
Fujairah Art & Culture
- Fujairah Heritage Village – This village has a number of traditional houses and fishing boats.
- Fujairah International Monodrama Festival – This theatre and dance festival is held every other year and includes participants from several Arab countries.
- Al-Saif Championships – An annual sword tournament in November or December showcasing traditional folklore arts.
- Eid Al-Fitr – Fujairah mosques are crowded with prayer during this festival that marks the end of Muslims’ fast for Ramadan.
- Fujairah Petroglyphs – Located at Wadi al Hail, these rock carvings show ancient depictions of animals and humans.
- Tourist/Friday Night Market – Amusement rides, eats, souvenirs and bargain shopping await at this evening market that goes on until late.
- Fujairah City Centre – This large retail and entertainment complex opening in 2012 will include many modern retail and dining options.
- Masafi Market – This town near Fujairah has one of the best markets in the area, where shoppers can find carpets and pottery.
- Dana Plaza – This shopping complex features stores selling clothes, a hypermarket and a cinema.
- Date Shops – This row of stalls selling varieties of dates can be found near the fish market.
Gay & Lesbian Fujairah
Homosexual rights are not officially recognized in the United Arab Emirates. Gays and lesbians should use discretion and caution, as discrimination and police scrutiny can occur.
- Fez Bar – Located in the Hilton Fujairah Resort, this posh bar has a good selection of cocktails, wines and beer.
- Al-Meshwar – This popular restaurant serves up delicious Lebanese food and has a good people-watching shisha area downstairs.
- Dana Plaza Cinema – See an Arabic film or a Bollywood hit at this centrally located cinema.
- Gonu Bar & Grill – Eat steaks and kebabs here with a lovely view of the Indian Ocean.
- Astro’s Rooftop Bar – in the Le Meridien, this bar has cocktails, DJs and a dance floor.
- Corniche – This oceanside promenade is great for strolling and meeting friends.
- Ain al-Madhab – This lush park and resort features gardens and popular hot springs frequented by locals.
- Ain al-Ghamour – South of Fujairah, the warm spring waters are believed to have medicinal properties
- Wadi al-Wurayah – A major tourist attraction for its beautiful waterfalls and scenic surroundings.
- Khor Kalba Beach – Considered one of the best by locals, this beach is south of Fujairah.
- Watch bull butting, an old and popular local sport, in a dirt arena on the outskirts of town.
- Go diving in the Indian Ocean with the Sandy Beach Diving Centre.
- Enjoy a thrilling camel race at the tracks in Sharjah.
- Swim in the ocean waters off the beach in Khor Fakkan.
- See exciting water sport competitions year round at the Fujairah International Marine Club.
- Heritage Village and Madhab Park
- Fujairah Corniche
- Fujairah Beach
- Sheikh’s Palace
- Souq al Juma
- Khor Kalba
- Beach Resorts
- Dive Sites
- Tourist Night Souq
- Al Meshwar Restaurant
- Al Mallah Restaurant
- Asmak Seafood Restaurant
- Saffron Vegetarian Restaurant
- Maharath Al Bahar Cafeteria
- Fez Bar
- Dana Plaza Cinemas
- Octavia Bistro & Bar
- Fujairah International Marine Club
- Zorba Cocktail Lounge
Fujairah has a typical arid climate, with mild to warm winters and very hot summers.
- Winter (December to February) 15-25°C
- Spring (March to May) 18-36°C
- Summer (June to September) 27-37°C
- Fall (October to November) 19-34°C
Hammad Bin Abdullah Street Map
Book in Advance and save 20% discount
Be it business or leisure, Nour Arjaan Rotana Fujairah Hotel with its fantastic accommodations and unmatched services welcomes guests for a holiday experience of a lifetime. Fujairah International... More
fantastic family getaway
Against the backdrop of the Hajar Mountains, the upscale hotel blends traditional and modern design appealing to business travellers,tourists and UAE residents. More
The Adagio Fujairah is located in the heart of Fujairah City, minutes away from Fujairah city centre shopping mall and within the business and commercial district of Fujairah. The hotel offers 72 ... More
Novotel Fujairah is located in the heart of Fujairah City minutes away from Fujairah city centre mall and within the business and commercial district of Fujairah. The hotel offers 182 stylish rooms... More
E99, Fujairah Map
Early Saver - Save up to 30%, Includes Breakfast
Hilton Fujairah Resort offers quality accommodation and great recreational facilities for its guests. A 10 minute drive from Alfujairah Airport, the resort boasts a beachfront location along the... More
Staff are Ampathetic
Emirates Springs Hotel Apartments Fujiarah offers quality accommodation and standard facilities for guests travelling to Fujiarah. The hotel is surrounded by banks, commercial markets and tourist... More
Stunning scenery, a beautiful coastline, intriguing cultural traditions and a climate that is temperate for most of the year make Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Fujairah the ideal destination for... More
The ibis Fujairah is located in the heart of Fujairah city, minutes away from Fujairah city centre shopping mall and within business and commercial district of Fujairah. The hotel offers 180... More
Al Aqah Beach 1856 Map
Book in advance and save 15%
GeneralFujairah Rotana Resort & Spa Al Aqah Beach provides events facilities, Wi-Fi access (at cost), currency exchange, doctor on call, business centre and parking. Recreation facilities on site... More