Phi Phi Island hotels
Fantastic Phi Phi Island
Thailand’s Phi Phi Island is a little dangerous. And we don’t mean muggings, tropical disease or tsunami – they’re nothing to worry about! No, Phi Phi is a menace because once it’s in you, you’ll never be able to shake it. Like an STD, only far less itchy.
Fast becoming the only reason many tourists now touch down in Phuket (which is sooo passé, don’tcha know?), Phi Phi’s beaches, such as Loh Dalum and Maya Bay, are recognised as some of the most beautiful in the world. And the bodies sprawled about the place make for some hot, hot sightseeing!
But there’s more to Phi Phi than sun, sand and sexy people. Explore Tonsai Village to see how the locals live and then venture out to Bamboo Island atop a long-tail or speedboat. Aye-aye, Captain!
Oh, and don’t forget to come home!
Phi Phi Island's Top 10
10. Pum Cooking School A great place to brush up on your skills before bragging about it over a beer!
5. Monkey Beach Get there by kayak for a real sense of achievement.
9. Tonsai Tower offers up to 25 rock-climbing routes and the best views of the island.
4. Shark Point Dive amongst the old ferry wreck and be grateful you weren’t on board!
8. Tonsai Village Explore the town centre and sample the local delicacies.
3. Hin Muang Dive off this rock formation in the middle of the Andaman Sea.
7. Long Beach Snorkel out to see swarms of reef sharks.
2. Loh Dalum The perfect place to waste a lazy afternoon.
6. Bamboo Island This National Park has a circular reef and the finest golden sand on the islands.
1. Maya Bay Famous for a topless Leonardo DiCaprio in The Beach. Swoon!
Phi Phi Island History
- Maya Bay - This beautiful Phi Phi locale is a favourite because of its use in several films.
- Phai Island - Go to this nearby, uninhabited island to get a taste of the history of Phi Phi Island.
- Loi Ruea Chao Le Festival - The Sea Gypsies of Phi Phi Island still maintain this ancient ritual.
- Bang Sanga-Au - A historic town famous for its ancient Chinese-style houses.
- Phang Nga Bay - Site where the first settlers of Phi Phi Island arrived in the early 20th century.
Phi Phi Art & Culture
- Krabi Boek Fa Andaman Festival - This November festival kicks off the tourist season.
- Chak Phra Festival - This ancient island festival includes a parade of Buddhist monuments.
- Laanta Lanta Festival - Held in the Old Town of nearby Ko Lanta.
- Festival of the Tenth Lunar Month - This traditional Buddhist ceremony involves making merit.
- Phi Phi Art Gallery - This small Phi Phi Island gallery features works from regional artists.
Phi Phi Shopping
- D’s Books - One of the best spots to buy used and new books.
- Kun Va - For those looking for beach accessories or sarongs.
- Pakaran - This used bookstore is a bit small, but offers a good selection of magazines.
- P.P. Marijuana - Although strangely named, this store is a popular place for jewellery.
- Same Same Guitar Shop - Rent a guitar or buy a new one in this Phi Phi Island shop.
Gay & Lesbian Phi Phi
- Suntrips - A gay-friendly bar on Phi Phi Island that offers great cocktails.
- Zeavola - This gay-friendly hotel offers all the modern amenities.
- Chunut House Resort - This hotel is a great place to meet people on Phi Phi Island.
- Hotel P.P. Erawan - One of the most popular gay-friendly hotels on the Island.
- Phuket Gay Festival – This February festival attracts gays and lesbians from everywhere.
Phi Phi Outdoor
- Phi Phi Viewpoint - This is the best spot on Phi Phi Island for stunning views.
- Ko Phi Phi Ley - This beautiful location on Phi Phi Island is a great spot for snorkelling.
- Bamboo Island - This nearby paradise makes for a great day trip from Phi Phi Island.
- Laem Tong Bay - Scuba divers flock to this Phi Phi Island location to see the abundance of sea life.
- Hat Yao - One of the best places for scuba diving near Phi Phi Island.
Phi Phi Sport
- Stretch out while on Phi Phi Island at Keiritas Yoga.
- Climb the cliffs of Phi Phi Island with Spider Monkey Climbing.
- Kayak around the island of Ko Phi Phi Le, the smallest of Phi Phi’s islands.
- Snorkel right off the beach of Hat Lanti, one of Phi Phi Island’s finest.
- Take a hike to Hat Hin Khao, one of Phi Phi Island’s most quiet beaches.
Phi Phi Island Events
March brings with it the Laanta Lanta Festival held in Ko Lanta. Partake in games, performances, shows and enjoy the tastes of the area.
The Krabi Boek Fa Andaman Festival is held annually in November to celebrate… you! There are competitions, cultural shows and heaps of fun held in honour of the tourist season.
Sat Duean Sip Festival is held during the 10th Lunar Month. Food offerings are made across the island as part of this Buddhist festival.
October celebrates the Chak Phra Festival,where Buddha images are placed on boats and pulled along the river.
Loi Ruea Chao Le Festival rolls around in the sixth and 11th months of the lunar calendar. A religious rite is performed by the sea gypsies of Ko Lanta.
When To Go
There are two seasons in Phi Phi Island:
The Hot Season occurs between January and April. There is little (or no) rainfall and temperatures of around 25° to 32°C (77°-89°F).
The Rainy Season is aptly named – it rains. Temperatures are still high, but heavy rain falls for short periods.
December to February is the busiest time for tourists, while it’s a little calmer around March and April.
Reconstruction is still under way after the devastation of the 2004 tsunami. As a result, there are no roads on Phi Phi, so walking is your best bet.
If you want to travel out to a remote beach you can do so by long-tail or speedboat. Super fun and not too expensive at around 4,000 to 6,500 baht for six hours on a speedboat, or 900 baht for three hours or 1,800 baht for the whole day chartering a long-tail.
Set amidst natural attractions and picturesque landscapes, Phuphaya Seaview Resort Phi Phi Island makes for an ideal retreat for beach goers, holidaymakers and families on vacation. From this Phi... More
Soak up the ambient atmosphere of sea, sand and sunshine at the Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort, a haven of serenity and discover a world-class hospitality as well as friendly staff. GeneralSet on... More
A good getaway
Bamboo Mountain View Phi Phi Island Resort offers great accommodation facilities for an enjoyable stay. This property is a perfect holiday destination. Guests can visit Hat Noppharat Thara-Mu Ko... More
Definitely not worth the price! Stay away!
Surrounded by trees on a hillside overlooking Ton Sai Bay, Bay View Resort Phi Phi Island gives holidaymakers a tranquil island base with picturesque sea vistas in Koh Phi Phi Don. Vacationers can... More
Good for couples
Holidaymakers planning to retreat to an isolated Thai island without the hefty price tag can book a stay at Kinnaree House Hotel Phi Phi Island. Visitors at the budget-friendly hotel can enjoy... More
Arayaburi Resort Krabi boasts tastefully designed villas and impeccable Thai hospitality tucked amid the hilly terrains, gardens and rainforest in Laem Hin. Holidaymakers in this Krabi resort can... More
Nestled on the verdant hillside of the northern tip of Koh Phi Phi Don, Villa 360 Phi Phi Island gives holidaymakers a tranquil and scenic haven in the Andaman. The resort places vacationers close... More
Holidaymakers and vacationing couples looking for a cosy and tranquil beach break find an ideal haven in the intimate beachfront spaces of Phi Phi Power Beach Resort. Aside from having fun under... More
With a setting of spectacular natural beauty and offering extensive resort activities, Holiday Inn Phi Phi Island plays host to honeymooners and holidaymakers. GeneralWhether you feel energetic... More
Amazing! Best Resort ever!!
Providing comfortable accommodations in lush tropical setting, Phi Phi Ingphu Viewpoint makes for a suitable base for travellers looking to enjoy a holiday under the sun in Phi Phi Island. This... More
NOT a *** classifying. Should be * og at the most **
Refine your search
- Phi Phi Island hotels
- Thale Waek hotels
- Poda Island hotels
- Koh Poda hotels
- Pranang Beach hotels
- Talingchan Beach hotels
- Krabi West Beaches hotels
- Nopparat Thara Beach hotels
- Shell Fossils Beach hotels
- Siam Niramit hotels
- Khlong Muang Beach hotels
- Siray Bay hotels