Longshan Temple hotels
The Longshan Temple in Taipei, Taiwan is a testament not only to the historical architectural styles of the Taiwanese but also to their enduring spirit. The temple was constructed in the early 18th century by immigrants from Fujian, China who wanted their own place of worship. Since then the temple has been totally or partially destroyed many times by earthquakes, fires and WWII bombs. Even though many artefacts and precious artworks were lost over the years, the people continued to rebuild the temple, which is now viewed as one of the best examples of classic Chinese architecture in Taiwan.
- Explore the array of shops that surround Longshan Temple and you will find an eclectic mixture of antiques, Buddhist icons and Chinese medicine that will make unique reminders of your trip to Taipei.
- Visit Longshan Temple on the 1st and 15th day of each lunar month, when white-clad Buddhists parade through the temple, making merit by lighting incense and performing chants.
- Take a tour of the main hall of the temple where you will find intricately carved wooden figures, including one of the largest Buddha statues in Taipei City.
Longshan Temple is situated in the Wanhua District of Taipei, one of the central districts of the city, so it is easy to reach using public transportation. If you are taking the MRT subway, just get off at the Longshan Temple station, which is right next to the temple. Similarly, you can take the TRA train from various parts of Taipei and get off at Wanhua Station, which can be either a ten-minute walk or a short taxi ride from the temple. The area is filled with outdoor markets and interesting shops, so the best way to explore the area is on foot.
Taipei Garden Hotel is a luxurious urban base with plush accommodations and modern facilities set close to the business and commercial districts. Aside from splurging on fashionable items at the... More
Stay at Taipei Garden
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers can revel Taipei culture in the heritage-rich district while staying at the modern Just Sleep Ximending Taipei Hotel. This hotel places tourist close to... More
Great Family Trip
With comfortable accommodations set close to local tourist and historic attractions, Inhouse Hotel Taipei makes for a convenient starting base for vacationers exploring the Taiwanese capital.... More
No.111, Sec. 1, Chongqing S. Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Map
Save 40% Off
Beauty Hotels Taipei - Hotel B7 is situated at the intersection of Chongqing South Road and Hengyang Road. It only takes 5 to 8 minutes from Hotel B7 to MRT NTU Hospital Station Exist 1. Not only... More
No.13, Ln. 25, Kangding Rd., Wanhua District Taipei, Map
Featuring a blend of modern comforts and creative interiors, Amba Hotel Taipei makes for a chic haven for sophisticated travellers visiting Taipei. While in the Taiwan capital, visitors can catch... More
8F,No. 76,Kunming St., Wanhua Dist. Wanhua District, Map
The grand opening for E-House was held in 2013. Situated in western district of Taipei City and at the Ximending Commercial District with internationalization and high degree of spending, e-House... More
No. 84, Huaining Street, Zhongzheng Street Map
FREE Internet Access
Travellers looking to a find suitable base with comfortable accommodations and central location in bustling Taipei can stay at Backpackers Inn Taipei. From this value-for-money budget inn, tourists... More
Feels like prison without ventilation
At Hotel Banka, every effort is made to make guests feel comfortable. To do so, the hotel provides the best in services and amenities. While lodging at this wonderful property, guests can enjoy... More
No.63, Baoqing Road, Ximending Dist. Map
Featuring cosy and intimate spaces with latest facilities and chic furnishings, CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch makes for an ideal haven for modern travellers in Taipei. Aside from stylish... More
Value for money
Refine your search
- Mengjia Longshan Temple hotels
- Armed Forces Museum hotels
- Botanical Gardens hotels
- Presidential Palace hotels
- Postal Museum hotels
- National Theatre and Concert Hall hotels
- Hsiahai City God Temple hotels
- Di Hua Traditional Dried Goods Market hotels
- Museum of World Religions hotels
- Su Ho Memorial Paper Museum hotels
- National Taiwan University hotels
- Taipei Fine Arts Museum hotels