The spectacular Djurgarden is an island situated in central Stockholm that features an array of museums, galleries, amusement parks and monuments that make it one of the most visited attractions in Sweden. Over ten million visitors a year come to relax in the beautiful green spaces or to explore the many museums. The name Djurgarden comes from the game park of King John III that was originally built on the island as a way of preserving local animals. Now the island is a haven for Stockholm citizens and tourists alike and one of the cultural centres of the city.
- Marvel at the beautiful 19th century Rosendal Palace that is renowned for its spectacular park that is one of the best public spaces in all of Stockholm.
- See the social history of Stockholm and the rest of Sweden unfold at the Nordic Museum, a massive collection of social history items that illustrate the rich culture of the country.
- Visit the Vasa Museum while on Djurgarden and you will be treated to a fascinating maritime museum that features one of the only intact 17th century ships in the world.
Djurgarden is centrally located in Stockholm so there are a number of ways to get there by public transportation. From the Sergels Torg, the main public square in the city, you can catch a tram that goes directly to Djurgarden. You can also catch a ferry ride from several piers including Nybroplan and Slussen, which offers a scenic way to get to the island. Many people choose to simply walk, as it is the best way to enjoy the amazing scenery and gives the best opportunity for exploration along the way.
Whether your travels bring you to Stockholm for a business meeting or simply to enjoy a day, then the Villa Kallhagen Hotel Stockholm is the perfect choice for a hassle-free and productive stay. ... More
Melody Hotel Stockholm welcomes savvy travellers with a stylish retreat set near top local attractions in this vibrant and heritage-rich Sweden capital. While in Stockholm, tourists should not miss... More
Close to attractions
Refine your search
- Skansen hotels
- Nordic Museum hotels
- Vasa museum hotels
- Strandvägen hotels
- Gröna Lund hotels
- Royal Dramatic Theatre hotels
- Museum of Modern Art hotels
- Nationalmuseum hotels
- Tekniska Museet hotels
- Gärdet hotels
- Stortorget hotels
- Stockholm Opera hotels