- Fort Walls - A fortress built by the British in 1873. You can walk the entire circuit in about one to two hours.
- Dutch Reformed Church - Built in 1640, the floor of the church is paved in gravestones that come from an old Dutch cemetery.
- Old Town Galle - Marked as a World Heritage Site, you can view ramparts, fortifications and a lighthouse.
- Cathedral of St Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary - A church built by the Society of Jesus in 1874.
- Amangalla Luxury Hotel - This is a fivestar Galle hotel, parts of which were built in 1684. It was previously known as the New Oriental Hotel.
Galle Art & Culture
- National Museum - It includes information on lace making, a few traditional masks and some religious items on display.
- National Maritime Archaeology Museum - Built in 1711 by the Dutch, this museum contains coral beds, deep-sea fish and information on different fishing methods.
- South Ceylon Industrial Agency and Handicraft Factories - You can watch local craftsmen and women make a variety of handcrafted Galle goods.
- Exotic Roots - A local French artist named Catherine makes colourful home decorations with her daughter.
- Ariyapala Mask Museum - Watch the mask-making process from start to finish. Also features an educational tour focused on the significance of the masks in Sri Lankan culture.
- Ibrahim Jewellery - A place where you can get high-quality jewellery.
- Suthuvili Gallery - An interesting place that sells elaborate polychromatic masks.
- Shoba Display Gallery - The base for Power of Hands Foundation that teaches local women about dying crafts.
- Historical Mansion - Contains a private collection that includes colonial Galle artefacts and jewellery. Most items are for sale.
- Elephant Walk - A local arcade that sells a variety of unique curio items and English books.
Gay & Lesbian Galle
- Companions on a Journey - A GLBT organization that focuses on fighting for the rights of gay individuals in Galle.
- Andrees Tours - A gay- and lesbian-friendly tour operator that organizes tours around Sri Lanka.
- Brief - The private garden of Bevis Baca that features interestingly provocative sculptures and a large collection of paintings and photographs. Adults only.
- Sri Lanka Trekking Nature Holidays - A GLBT-friendly Galle tour organization that focuses on outdoor excursions.
- Lush - A disco located in Colombo that is popular with the local gay and lesbian community.
- Juliet Coombe - Local celebrities will take you on a tour of Galle.
- Adventure Asia International - Specializes in hot-air balloon rides over the area.
- Blue Deep Dive Centre - Spend the day exploring underwater. It also gives diving lessons.
- Sinharaja Forest Reserve - A nature preserve containing unspoiled forest and a variety of birds.
- Coral Sanctuary - Take a trip in a glass-bottom boat to see the coral in the local water.
- Watch the Galle Cricket Club play at the Galle International Stadium.
- Go golfing at the Royal Colombo Golf Club.
- Work on your game at the Yoga Jeewaprabha sports clinic.
- Go water skiing on the Indian Ocean.
- Go surfing on the Indian Ocean.
Set in a beautiful estate bordering the Ginganga River, Tamarind Hill Hotel Bentota is an elegant 19th century mansion featuring Dutch period antiques and local art. Visitors can spend quality time... More
The Jetwing Lighthouse is not just a holiday destination, but is a sensual experience that relaxes, heals and gives you a whole new outlook on life. GeneralYour cares will be swept away by the... More
Bona Vista Road, Rumassalla,Unawatuna Map
40% off Basic Deal-Non refundable(with breakfast)
Cantaloupe Levels is situated on Rumassalla, a verdant headland that punctures Sri Lanka's low-lying southern coastline, midway between cosmopolitan Galle and playful Unawatuna. Its position... More
Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel welcomes travellers looking for a beach holiday to comfortable and cosy accommodations in the seaside town of Hikkaduwa. Visitors at this eco-friendly hotel can enjoy... More
Villa Tara has 2 Suites with self-catering possibility, 1 Junior Suite & 2 Double Rooms which can be hired individually or the villa taken in its entirety. Minutes from the stunning beach and... More
Palutagaha Junction. Map
15% off Basic Deal-Non refundable(with breakfast)
Cantaloupe Aqua is located at the south coast of Sri Lanka, in Thalpe, which lays between Unawatuna and Mirissa. Thalpe is a small and quiet village, known for it's up market beach villas. The... More
The luxurious accommodation and a range of modern amenities make the The Fortress Sri Lanka Resort Galle an ideal accommodation choice for business and leisure travelers. Tourists can visit Galle... More