What travelers to Sitges are saying
A mere 35 km southwest of beautiful Barcelona, the small town of Sitges has become a popular and integral side trip for many who visit the city of Gaudí. The coastal gem has been a choice escape for prominent Catalan artists and radicals as far back as the 19th century but only came into mainstream prominence in recent decades. Now a first-class resort town, Sitges draws visitors from far and wide to miles of pristine beach and a vibrant nightlife that ranks as one of the very best in Europe. As a result, the town of 25,000 people has become Catalonia's answer to Ibiza.
A slew of popular annual festivals ensure a steady stream of repeat visitors to Sitges. These include the town's legendary Carnival celebrations every February and March, International Film Festival of Catalonia and International Jazz Festival. Sitges also boasts a beautiful architectural landscape, with many fine landmarks to explore. The Iglesia de St. Bartolomeu i Santa Tecla and Maricel Museum are two of the most prominent attractions in town.
- Church of Sant Bartolomeu i Santa Tecla – This 17th-century church houses two gothic sepulchres belonging an older church situated on the same site.
- Palau Maricel – Built by Charles Deering to house his extensive art collection.
- Museu Romàntic "Can Llopis" – This museum reproduces the lifestyle of a Catalan family of the Romanticism years.
- The Esglesia – An iconic feature in the city, this whitewashed building is located in Placa Baluard square.
- Cementari San Sebastia – A Sitges cemetery that is home to ancient sculptures by modernist artists.
Sitges Art & Culture
- Cau Ferrat – A house formerly owned by the modernist painter Santiago Rusiñol with many paintings and sculptures.
- Santa Tecla Festival – Held in mid-September, this important Spanish festival has been celebrated since 1321. Tourists can watch the historical parades and fireworks of this event.
- Agora 3 Art Gallery – A quaint art gallery open seven days a week.
- Els 4 Gats Art Gallery – One of Sitges’ smaller art galleries, this place is packed with fascinating works of art.
- Museu Marical – A museum containing old works of art and artefacts.
- Ferran Joguines – A Sitges jeweller’s shop is the perfect place to make fine purchases for a loved one.
- Major 4 – The ideal venue to buy gifts for friends and relatives.
- Fairplay – A sports shop in which tourists wishing to partake in sporting activities can buy the necessary equipment.
- Julia – A popular perfumery.
- Cabeli – One of the most popular clothing stores.
Gay & Lesbian Sitges
- Playa de la Bossa Rodona – Found in a central location, this clothed beach is packed with bronzed bodies.
- Alberto Beach Club – Tourists visiting here can dance the night away on the beach to the sounds of the best DJs.
- Organic – This is a gay-friendly disco, perfect for those who wish to meet like-minded individuals while on their travels.
- Ricky’s – Another of Sitges’ main gay discos. This venue is where the music is loud and the dancing is lively.
- Parrots Pub 1 – A gay-friendly pub to enjoy an evening drink.
- L'estanyol Beach – This is widely considered to be one of the best beaches.
- Garraf National Park – Tourists can take a walk around this beautiful park near Sitges.
- Garraf Village Beach – A quiet beach popular with families on holiday in the region.
- Les Botigues – Located at the beginning of the coast, the is one of four beaches in the east of Sitges.
- Platja d’Aiguadolç – This beach is just as popular with nudists as it is with those preferring swimwear.
- Watch the golfers of the CTC Golf Club, located 17km from Sitges.
- Find the banked Autodromo Sitges Terramar motor racing circuit.
- Visit Sitges Bike Rental and hire a bike to get around.
- Catch the tennis stars of the future at the Club Natació Sitges Tennis Club.
- Rent a jet ski or watch experienced jet skiers from the Port d’Aiguadolç.
- Cau Ferrat Museum
- Museu Romàntic
- Iglesia de St. Bartolomeu i Santa Tecla
- Maricel Museum
- Sitges Tango Festival
- International Film Festival of Catalonia
- Festa Major
- International Jazz Festival
- Al Fresco
- El Raco de la Carreta
- El Trull
- El Horno
Sitges enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate, with cool winters and warm summers.
- Winter (December to February) 4-14°C
- Spring (March to May) 7-20°C
- Summer (June to September) 16-28°C
- Fall (October to November) 8-21°C
To be charmed and pampered with exceptional hospitality, Medium Sitges Park Hotel which offers the perfect blend of maximum comfort and impeccable service is just the place for you to stay. ... More
Should have stayed longer...
The Melia Sitges Hotel property provides you all the modern facilities and conveniences that are needed for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. LocationOverlooking the Aiguadolc Marina, the Melia... More
Avenida Sofia 12 Map
Book Now & Save 10%
Stylish rooms. Spa with Sauna, Steam Baths & Hydromassage Pool. Rooftop Pool & Bar with Sea and Mountain Views. 120m from beach. Each spacious room at Avenida Sofia Hotel & Spa has... More
Stay was perfect. Beautiful Hotel
Business travellers and holidaymakers looking for peaceful seaside haven in Sitges can stay at the cosy accommodations of Best Western Hotel Subur Maritim. This property places vacationers close to... More
Good hotel in great location.
La Nina Hotel Sitges assembles four buildings of the beginning of XXth Century, fully refurbished but keeping the original facades and its essence. This hotel is bonded with balance, peace and... More
Good hotel ,Good Location
The Calipolis Hotel provides a delightful setting and all the services and facilities of a top-class hotel that will hopefully make your stay in Sitges one you will always remember. GeneralJust a... More
Great location by beach
Sunway Playa Golf Hotel & Apartments is the perfect place to stay if you want to enjoy your holidays at the Sitges beach in summer, if you want to play golf on a Mediterranean 18 championship golf... More
La Santa Maria Hotel Sitges invites travellers to a seamless meld of traditional Spanish architecture and modern amenities set in the heart of this Spain town, close to the pristine Costa Dorada... More
Celimar Hotel Sitges welcomes travellers to well-appointed accommodations located within twenty metres from the sandy shores of Sitge. Apart from having fun at the beach close by, vacationers can... More
Refine your search
- Barcelona Golf hotels
- Catalunya en Miniatura hotels
- Church of Colònia Güell hotels
- Estadi Cornellà-El Prat hotels
- Museu de Ceramica hotels
- Gran Via hotels
- IESE Business School hotels
- Palau Blaugrana hotels
- FC Barcelona Museum hotels
- ESADE hotels
- Nou Camp Stadium hotels
- Camp Nou hotels
- El Prat de Llobregat
- Cornella De Llobregat
- Molins de Rei
- Sant Joan Despi
- Sant Just Desvern
- Sant Esteve Sesrovires