Quite simply, you have to experience Pamplona at different times of year. The incredible fortress architecture is particularly impressive at theMonumento a los Caidosand in the historic Old Square, and you’ll find more than just pintxos at the boutiques of Estafeta Street.Sometimes it’s bulls, sometimes it’s boutiques – there’s something different in these streets year-round, you just have to explore a little to discover what.
Pamplona's Top 10
10. San Pedro Bridge This giant bridge spanning the Arga should look a monstrosity, but it’s really rather beautiful.
5. Museo de Navarra This former hospital’s pride and joy is its very own Goya painting.
9. Plaza del Castillo The bustling city square is lined with arboreal delights, so sit down, relax and watch the world float by.
4. Ciuadadela The ruined walls of the city’s former citadel provide an archaically beautiful sight.
8. Camara de Comptos The ancient court of auditors is the oldest civic building in the city. It’s as impressive as it is old.
3. Museo Oteiza This beautifully set museum and workshop is home to over 3,000 intricate pieces and well worth a day trip into the country.
7. Monasterio de Leyre Founded in the 11th century, this monastery served as the burial place of the kings of Navarre.
2. Pamplona Cathedral This 18th century masterpiece occupies a unique place in Pamplona’s skyline.
6. Museo Diocesano The artefacts and artworks in this former kitchen were once part of the cathedral.
1. Plaza de Tores The end point of the famous Running of the Bulls, and home to vicious yet exhilarating bullfights.
July’s Festival of San Fermin bursts into life with fireworks above the town square.
Thousands of street performers and dancers take to the streets at the San Fermin Procession in July to keep the patron saint’s statue company.
Pobre De Mi is when Pamplona mourns the loss of party season, as the San Fermin festival passes away in July.
The high point of July’s Gigantes y Cabezudos is the procession of giants and bigheads, in an entertaining showcase of enormous political caricatures crafted by local artists.
The Running of the Bulls takes place in July. Hundreds of people try to outrun six bulls and six steers down a narrow passageway. This is why the Darwin Awards were created…
When To Go
Obviously July is the craziest time to visit Pamplona, but it is also the warmest.
March is part of the low season, but for no real reason – the weather is warm enough and the rain has ceased.
November and December are great times to visit as the country is in wind-down mode in the lead up to Christmas.
Pamplona is small enough to make exploring on foot easy.
Don’t be afraid to get some wind in your hair – the city is relatively cycle-friendly.
Renting a car is the way to go if you’re planning on making a few daytrips.
- Barcelona hotels (434 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (347 hotels)
- Seville hotels (100 hotels)
- Mallorca island hotels (453 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (87 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Costa del Sol hotels (146 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (41 hotels)
- Marbella hotels (31 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
17 hotels in Pamplona, ES
Abba Reino De Navarra Hotel Pamplona offers a friendly, professional and personalised service. Plaza del Castillo, Town Hall and University of Navarre are the places of interest for guests to visit... More
Ideally situated for visitors to the hospitals area, this hotel has a warm and welcoming atmosphere that emphasises friendly and hospitable service. GeneralBusiness delegates can avail the... More
AC Zizur Mayor Hotel Pamplona provides ideal accommodations at the heart of the world-famous city. From the hotel, guests will find landmark destinations like the Museo Diocesano, majestic... More
Featuring all the modern day conveniences, Holiday Inn Express Pamplona is ideally situated for business visits and leisure stay. GeneralGuests travelling on official matters can make use of the... More
If you are planning for a particular holiday destination at Pamplona, then AC Ciudad de Pamplona Hotel is the perfect place for you to reside and explore the surroundings. General Well-equipped... More
Set in the middle of the countryside and surrounded by gardens, this hotel is the perfect setting for leisure and business trips. GeneralNH El Toro features 9 function rooms, which are perfect for... More
Experience the true meaning of relaxation and fun at the Zenit Pamplona Hotel while enjoying the amenities as well as attention to detail from the moment you arrive at this stunning hotel. ... More
Alma Pamplona Hotel has comfortable accommodation and friendly service for business and leisure travellers in Pamplona. Saint Sernin is a gothic church built in the thirteenth century that is... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and modern luxury for its travellers, Palacio Guendulain Hotel Pamplona is located in the old part of Pamplona. This property is near to city palces of interest... More