Situated on several hills along the Tormes River in Spain’s Northern Plateau, Salamanca is one of the most captivating towns of Madrid. Its native dwellers speak perfect Castilian, the purest form of the Spanish language, making it a desired destination for Spanish language learners. Salamanca is known to the world for its architectural beauty, preserving its traditional cathedrals, towers, and palaces since the early 12th century. It has also gained international fame as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its historic centre overflowing with Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance art. Because of these significant traits, millions of tourists flock to Salamanca every year.
- Visit the Universidad de Salamanca, the oldest surviving university in Spain; whose traditional architecture, long rich history, and heritage are sources of great pride for Madrid.
- Gather at Plaza Mayor, the city's busy public centre, where everyone goes to shop, eat, drink, socialize, and have a good time.
- Go back in time with the sights and sounds of Salamanca Madrid’s 12th century Old Cathedral of Santa María de la Sede and the 17th century New Cathedral, located side by side.
The nearest airport to Salamanca is the Barajas International Airport in the city of Madrid. Visitors coming from the city proper going the Salamanca can take the train or bus service. Buses run regularly all day and depart from Mendez Alvaro bus station. The length of this journey is around two and a half hours for express buses, which is about the same as a train ride. Trains depart from the Chamartin train station. You may also rent a private car to have more flexibility in terms of time and places to visit in Salamanca.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
- Marbella hotels (32 hotels)
37 hotels in Salamanca
Hospes Madrid Hotel with its quality accommodation, friendly service and pleasant atmosphere is an ideal place for leisure as well as business travellers. One of Madrid's world-famous attractions... More
Featuring the very best in quality services and facilities, Melia Galgos Hotel Madrid is an ideal place for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralThe hotel also offers 11 well-equipped... More
Vincci Soma Hotel Madrid incorporates new ideas in decoration and functionality inspired by sensitivity and imagination. Its intellectual and artistic character, welcoming decoration and ambience... More
This graceful property in a quiet area, offers neat accommodation and modern facilities to make your stay in Madrid a pleasant one. GeneralA well-equipped conference room that can organise... More
This graceful property in a quiet area, offers elegant accommodation and modern facilities to make your stay in Madrida pleasant one. GeneralThe lobby is a perfect place to relax after a tiring... More
Featuring neoclassical Madrid architecture, tastefully appointed spaces and convenient services set in the capital of Spain, One Shot Recoletos 04 makes for a strategic starting point for exploring... More
Located in the heart of major international cities and in some of the world's most popular holiday destinations, Gran Melia Fenix Hotel is one among the collection of unique and exclusive deluxe... More
This establishment of superb quality offers a fully comfortable stay with all the services of a great hotel. GeneralFavourable parking facilities are available on the hotel's premises. During... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Silken Puerta welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThe hotel Puerta America has 950 square metres of space divided between 5... More