Situated on several hills along the Tormes River in Spain’s Northern Plateau, Salamanca is one of the most captivating towns of Madrid. Its native dwellers speak perfect Castilian, the purest form of the Spanish language, making it a desired destination for Spanish language learners. Salamanca is known to the world for its architectural beauty, preserving its traditional cathedrals, towers, and palaces since the early 12th century. It has also gained international fame as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its historic centre overflowing with Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance art. Because of these significant traits, millions of tourists flock to Salamanca every year.
- Visit the Universidad de Salamanca, the oldest surviving university in Spain; whose traditional architecture, long rich history, and heritage are sources of great pride for Madrid.
- Gather at Plaza Mayor, the city's busy public centre, where everyone goes to shop, eat, drink, socialize, and have a good time.
- Go back in time with the sights and sounds of Salamanca Madrid’s 12th century Old Cathedral of Santa María de la Sede and the 17th century New Cathedral, located side by side.
The nearest airport to Salamanca is the Barajas International Airport in the city of Madrid. Visitors coming from the city proper going the Salamanca can take the train or bus service. Buses run regularly all day and depart from Mendez Alvaro bus station. The length of this journey is around two and a half hours for express buses, which is about the same as a train ride. Trains depart from the Chamartin train station. You may also rent a private car to have more flexibility in terms of time and places to visit in Salamanca.
- Barcelona hotels (434 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (87 hotels)
- Seville hotels (101 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (41 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Marbella hotels (30 hotels)
36 hotels in Salamanca
The quality service and better ambiance merge to give you the best comfort during your sojourn at Gran Hotel Velazquez Madrid. GeneralThe hotel has 6 meeting hall that are equipped with the most... More
This establishment of superb quality offers a fully comfortable stay with all the services of a great hotel. GeneralFavourable parking facilities are available on the hotel's premises. During... More
Featuring the very best in quality services and facilities, Melia Galgos Hotel Madrid is an ideal place for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralThe hotel also offers 11 well-equipped... More
Petit Palace Embassy Hotel occupies an emblematic and ancient building of the XIX century which is totally refurbished, with a charming interior courtyard illuminated with natural light. ... More
Abba Madrid Hotel provides quality accommodation and friendly services for travellers in Madrid close to city attractions such as Barrio de la Moreria and Arab Courthouse. GeneralAbba Madrid Hotel... More
Vincci Soma Hotel Madrid incorporates new ideas in decoration and functionality inspired by sensitivity and imagination. Its intellectual and artistic character, welcoming decoration and ambience... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Silken Puerta welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThe hotel Puerta America has 950 square metres of space divided between 5... More
Enjoy your stay at the amazing Petit Palace Art Gallery, an antique art gallery found in one of the most exclusive areas of Madrid, which has been carefully restored to preserve all its charming... More
Ideal for business and leisure, Splendom Suites Madrid Apartment invites discerning travellers to chic accommodations and contemporary facilities ideally located in the Madrid centre. Apart from... More