Plaza de la Villa hotels
Plaza de la Villa
Once named Plaza de San Salvador after a church built in the city, the Plaza de la Villa is a small, scenic square located in the heart of Madrid, and is popularly considered amongst locals and returning admirers to be one of the area’s most historical sectors. Indeed, Madrid was quite the medieval city when this world-renowned square was first established. Today, Plaza de la Villa remains home to some of Spain’s oldest architecture. Visitors walking through this vibrant social commons will see Gothic-style mansions not unlike those once inhabited by Spanish aristocrats in the 16th century. Particularly stunning structures in the square feature stained glass ceilings, 17th century frescoes, and one of Goya’s famous paintings.
- Visit the Casa de la Villa at Plaza de la Villa, which was built in 1645, was once Madrid’s Town Hall, and features stunning 17th century frescoes.
- Tour the Tapestry Room at Casa de Cisneros House, a 16th century palace located at Plaza de la Villa in Madrid.
- Admire the Torre de los Lujanes, one of Madrid‘s oldest buildings, which dates back to the 15th century and once famously imprisoned the King of France, Francis I, after the Battle of Pavia in 1525.
The Plaza de la Villa is located at Mayor, Palacio Madrid, 28013, in the district known as Old Madrid. The metro lying within closest walking distance to the square is Sol, Opera. Buses from Empresa Municipal de Transportes de Madrid operate between 6:30 am and 11:30 pm on regular routes throughout the city. Visitors travelling Madrid late at night can take advantage of the city’s efficient buhos, or owls, system, which operates between midnight and 6 am.
- Barcelona hotels (436 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (89 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (40 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
336 hotels near Plaza de la Villa
With a peaceful ambience and serenity, the Regina Hotel Madrid with its elegant accommodation and convenient facilities makes the best place to stay. GeneralCentral location is combined with great... More
Travellers looking to explore heritage-rich Madrid find suitable base in a central location at Room 007 Ventura Madrid Hotel. This budget hostel caters to backpackers and is close to the Monasterio... More
Eric Vokel Madrid Suites Hotel creatively highlights traditional Nordic design with sleek furnishings and a laid-back Mediterranean ambience, fit for travellers visiting vibrant Madrid. While in... More
Splendom Suites Gran Via features tastefully furnished apartments conveniently positioned in the heart of Madrid within walking distance to the upscale shopping and commercial street of Gran Via.... More
H10 Villa De La Reina Hotel Madrid is specially designed to cater for guests travelling for business or pleasure offering every possible service and a central location within easy reach of the... More
Business and leisure travellers visiting the capital of Spain find convenient base in the comfortable accommodations of centrally located Medium Cortezo Hotel Madrid. Tourists at this... More
Melia Princesa Hotel Madrid is a highly prestigious hotel that offers excellent service in elegant surroundings. GeneralConference facilities are also available for your business needs. During... More
Offering an utmost comfort, convenience and quality service, Vincci Via 66 makes you feel at home. GeneralVincci Via 66 offers well-appointed meeting rooms that cater to your important business... More
San Lorenzo Hostal Madrid showcases metropolitan living amidst historical foundations in the vibrant city. Business travellers are afforded an easy distance to Madrid Convention Centre. Shopping is... More