Plaza de la Villa hotels
Plaza de la Villa
Once named Plaza de San Salvador after a church built in the city, the Plaza de la Villa is a small, scenic square located in the heart of Madrid, and is popularly considered amongst locals and returning admirers to be one of the area’s most historical sectors. Indeed, Madrid was quite the medieval city when this world-renowned square was first established. Today, Plaza de la Villa remains home to some of Spain’s oldest architecture. Visitors walking through this vibrant social commons will see Gothic-style mansions not unlike those once inhabited by Spanish aristocrats in the 16th century. Particularly stunning structures in the square feature stained glass ceilings, 17th century frescoes, and one of Goya’s famous paintings.
- Visit the Casa de la Villa at Plaza de la Villa, which was built in 1645, was once Madrid’s Town Hall, and features stunning 17th century frescoes.
- Tour the Tapestry Room at Casa de Cisneros House, a 16th century palace located at Plaza de la Villa in Madrid.
- Admire the Torre de los Lujanes, one of Madrid‘s oldest buildings, which dates back to the 15th century and once famously imprisoned the King of France, Francis I, after the Battle of Pavia in 1525.
The Plaza de la Villa is located at Mayor, Palacio Madrid, 28013, in the district known as Old Madrid. The metro lying within closest walking distance to the square is Sol, Opera. Buses from Empresa Municipal de Transportes de Madrid operate between 6:30 am and 11:30 pm on regular routes throughout the city. Visitors travelling Madrid late at night can take advantage of the city’s efficient buhos, or owls, system, which operates between midnight and 6 am.
- Barcelona hotels (433 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
336 hotels near Plaza de la Villa
Eric Vokel Madrid Suites Hotel creatively highlights traditional Nordic design with sleek furnishings and a laid-back Mediterranean ambience, fit for travellers visiting vibrant Madrid. While in... More
Offering an utmost comfort, convenience and quality service, this property makes you to feel at home. GeneralThe hotel offers well-appointed meeting rooms that cater to your important business and... More
Offering warm welcome and high standards of accommodation, this property is an ideal place for a comfortable stay. GeneralBusiness travellers can make use of the conference facilities, available... More
Posada Del Dragon Hotel Madrid features stylish accommodations highlighted by retro-inspired furnishings housed in a beautiful 19th-century building within the bohemian district of Latina. Guests... More
Guests will be amazed with the standard of service and quality of accommodation at Vincci Soho Hotel Madrid. GeneralThe hotel offers a well-appointed conference room for hosting your seminars and... More
Splendom Suites Gran Via features tastefully furnished apartments conveniently positioned in the heart of Madrid within walking distance to the upscale shopping and commercial street of Gran Via.... More
Exploring the culture-rich and vibrant Spain capital can be convenient by booking a stay at the stylish and centrally located accommodations of Posada del Leon de Oro. This plush Madrid hotel... More
Offering a classic atmosphere with elegant decor and warm hospitality, Meninas Hotel is an ideal place for you to stay when visiting Madrid, which is home to one of the Historic United of Recinto... More
Being a symbolic building of Madrid's Art Deco civil architecture, this property, which is nestled amid the tropical nature with serenity atmosphere is just the place to spend your wonderful... More