Cortes, which is the Spanish Parliament, traces its history back to the 11th century when it was no more than a gathering place of clergymen and noblemen who acted as advisors to the King. Today, the Palacio de las Cortes is the place where the Lower House of the Parliament is seated. This Madrid building is an impressive structure, which boasts a neoclassical façade and beautiful interiors. It has been witness to several historic events including an infamous coup attempt in 1981. The building is a major tourist attraction of the city and finds itself on everyone's must-see list.
- Admire the palatial façade of the Palacio de las Cortes, in Madrid, which has a magnificent facade reminiscent of a palace with a six-pillared porch and a pediment that bears statues depicting noble ideals.
- Explore the interiors of this most-visited Madrid building and view a famous tapestry with the national emblem, sculptures, and paintings.
- Visit the Conference Room, which boasts Elizabethan-style decorations, with a beautifully-adorned table in the centre and paintings and busts of politicians in the vault.
You can get there using the public transportation system of Madrid. Gran Via is a major transport point in the vicinity and Metro services operate there. The Cortes is located opposite Plaza de las Cortes with the subway M1 linking it to the rest of the city. If travelling by train, Sol is the place to get off at and then you can walk or hire a taxi to take you to your destination. You also have the option of taking a taxi straight to the area. Availing the services of a car rental is best avoided.
- Barcelona hotels (433 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
336 hotels near Cortes
With a peaceful ambience and serenity, the Regina Hotel Madrid with its elegant accommodation and convenient facilities makes the best place to stay. GeneralCentral location is combined with great... More
Eric Vokel Madrid Suites Hotel creatively highlights traditional Nordic design with sleek furnishings and a laid-back Mediterranean ambience, fit for travellers visiting vibrant Madrid. While in... More
The 23 apartments of Eric Vokel's new building, completely refurbished in 2013, stand out thanks to their unique location. They are located right at center of the Golden Triangle of Art, just a few... More
Guests will be amazed with the standard of service and quality of accommodation at Vincci Soho Hotel Madrid. GeneralThe hotel offers a well-appointed conference room for hosting your seminars and... More
Offering an utmost comfort, convenience and quality service, this property makes you to feel at home. GeneralThe hotel offers well-appointed meeting rooms that cater to your important business and... More
Featuring an elegant decor and warm hospitality, Exe Coloso welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralConference facilities are also available at the hotel for the guests travelling on... More
Posada Del Dragon Hotel Madrid features stylish accommodations highlighted by retro-inspired furnishings housed in a beautiful 19th-century building within the bohemian district of Latina. Guests... More
Splendom Suites Gran Via features tastefully furnished apartments conveniently positioned in the heart of Madrid within walking distance to the upscale shopping and commercial street of Gran Via.... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Eurostars Plaza Mayor makes for an ideal starting point for exploring heritage-rich Madrid. From this centrally located hotel, tourists can walk to Plaza de Espana and... More