Ciudad Lineal hotels
Ciudad Lineal Madrid
The Ciudad Lineal, or Linear City of Madrid is one of the most peculiar and innovative urban areas found in the world. Ciudad Lineal was the brainchild of Spanish engineer Arturo Soria y Mata, who wanted to connect the various neighbourhoods of Madrid with the countryside in a fluid way that would ease the congestion found in traditional cities and more readily connect urbanites to nature. Although the idea was well accepted, the attempt to bring it to fruition failed. All that is left is a 5-kilometre stretch of street that is named for the quirky engineer.
- Walk the shady and leafy oasis found on Calle de Arturo Soriá and you will see Soria’s original plan, as the winding road is flanked by different neighbourhoods and parks.
- Shop at the Centro commercial Arturo Soria shopping mall, where you will be greeted with upmarket boutiques featuring clothing from some of Madrid’s finest designers.
- Admire the statue of Arturo Soria - the man who created the concept of Madrid’s Ciudad Lineal - as you cross the bridge that offers great views of Avenida de America.
Madrid features some of the best public transportation in Europe and the Ciudad Lineal is well connected to it. There is a stop of the Metro at the Pinar de Chamartin station that is just a short walk from the centre. To really get an idea of Soria’s plan for the neighbourhood it is best to explore the area on foot, as the six kilometre road offers a small glimpse of his overall vision. From the Madrid Airport, just take the train or shuttle buses that go to the city centre, where you can get transport via bus or taxi.
- Barcelona hotels (435 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Marbella hotels (32 hotels)
335 hotels near Ciudad Lineal
Confortel Suites Hotel Madrid fuses comfortable contemporary ambience with sleek and elegant furnishings suitable for discerning travellers exploring vibrant Madrid. While visiting the capital of... More
The Confortel Pio XII Hotel is an ideal travel destination for both the business and leisure travellers visiting Madrid. GeneralThe Confortel Pio XII Hotel also offers conference and banqueting... More
Conveniently placed in a privileged location, the A&H Hotel Suites Madrid offers excellent communication with the main attractions of Madrid and is a wise choice for family holidays and tourism. ... More
Be it leisure or business, this amazing hotel combines comfort and facility to make your holiday a memorable one. GeneralThe hotel features 5 convention rooms approximately 380 square metres... More
Offering beautiful accommodation and excellent meeting facilities, this property is an ideal place for both leisure and business travellers. General Well-equipped conference rooms that can... More
Combining innovative design, unique atmosphere along with the most modern business facilities, this property prides itself as an ideal location for business and leisure travellers. GeneralThe... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Silken Puerta welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThe hotel Puerta America has 950 square metres of space divided between 5... More
This graceful property in a quiet area, offers elegant accommodation and modern facilities to make your stay in Madrid a pleasant one. GeneralThe 8 well-equipped function rooms with a capacity of... More
Offering tastefully appointed accommodations and events spaces strategically set in the city centre, NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding makes for a convenient place to stay and hold corporate and... More