Carabanchel in Madrid is known for its rich history and diverse community. The place is home to the country's prison, which used to keep well-known political prisoners during Francisco Franco's rule. The prison, however, is no longer in existence, and serves as part of the neighbourhood's historic past. After it was closed down, the government decided to build a hospital, 650 apartments, and government buildings on what used to be a prison ground. After the locality’s dim past, locals and visitors alike can now enjoy the new shops, cafes, and restaurants that can be found in Carabanchel.
- Indulge in classic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine at La Bambola in Carabanchel, Madrid, known for its world-class pizza, pasta, and carpaccio.
- For an authentic Spanish dining experience in Madrid, swing by El Gallo Pelón, and have a taste of their famous grilled meat, fresh from the wooden oven, that is best matched with one of their Spanish wines.
- Stay at the Granado Hostal, one of the district's newest and best hotels, located next to the Carabanchel Metro Station and just a stone's throw away from the district's main attractions.
Getting to Carabanchel is easiest via Madrid’s Metro Line. From the airport, one can take the Metro Line 8 to Nuevos Ministerios Metro Station, then board the line 10 train from Puerta del Sur, and get off at the Casa de Campo Station. Afterwards, visitors can take the line 5 train from Alameda de Osuna, which stops at Carabanchel Station. Other district destinations are then only a few minutes away from the station. Since the Metro isn’t available late at night, the airport shuttle bus N-17 is another option. Passengers can then get off at Hospital Gómez Ulla.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (8 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
335 hotels near Carabanchel
Offering modern facilities and comfortable accommodations in a convenient location, Nh Ribera Del Manzanares Hotel makes for an ideal base for business trips or pleasure visits in Madrid. The... More
Featuring an elegant decor and comfortable accommodation, this hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable holiday in Madrid. GeneralThe hotel offers well-equipped conference rooms for people... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Eurostars Plaza Mayor makes for an ideal starting point for exploring heritage-rich Madrid. From this centrally located hotel, tourists can walk to Plaza de Espana and... More
HRC Hotel welcomes travellers to well-maintained accommodations in a central location while in the historic city of Madrid. Visitors can stop by at well-known landmarks in the city like Palacio... More
Travellers looking to discover the heart of the historic city of Madrid find convenient base at the modern accommodations and facilities of Acta Madfor Hotel Madrid. Holidaymakers can visit... More
Offering comprehensive range of services and luxurious accommodation, this property is designed to provide business and leisure travellers ultimate relaxation in a tranquil environment. ... More
Posada Del Dragon Hotel Madrid features stylish accommodations highlighted by retro-inspired furnishings housed in a beautiful 19th-century building within the bohemian district of Latina. Guests... More
Offering pleasant accommodation, this property provides an atmosphere of being at home while away from home. GeneralAt leisure, you can also visit the various splendid attractions of the city like... More
Business and leisure travellers visiting the capital of Spain find convenient base in the comfortable accommodations of centrally located Medium Cortezo Hotel Madrid. Tourists at this... More