Magnificent towns like Jaén are the reason why Spain attracts more tourists than any other country in the world. A lovely gem, famous for world class olive oil, Jaén is the capital of the small province of the same name, within the autonomous community of Andalusia. With 120,000 very fortunate inhabitants, all of whom dwell not only in a fairy tale-like town, but one with a dynamic civic vibe to boot, Jaén is a wonderful destination to discover.
A walk through the narrow town streets, amid the noisy tapas bars and shops, is the best way to discover the soul of Jaén. The Castillo de Santa Catalina is a popular draw with visitors and for good reason. The castle dates back to the 8th century and began as a fortress for the Moors, before subsequent renovations over the past millenium. From a dramatic hilltop perch on Cerro de Santa Catalina, the castle overlooks Jaén in majestic fashion. Another must-see landmark in the city is the Assumption of the Virgin Cathedral, a potential UNESCO World Heritage Site in the near future.
Jaén has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild winters.
- Winter (December to February) 3-13°C
- Spring (March to May) 5-23°C
- Summer (June to September) 14-33°C
- Fall (October to November) 14-22°C
- Barcelona hotels (435 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
3 hotels in Jaen
Enjoying a honoured location, the Parador De Jaen Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly service to make your stay in Jaen a pleasant one. GeneralParador De Jaen Hotel offers a... More
Santa Beatriz de Silva is an avant garde three star hotel which is located in Mengibar, full of olive trees and very closed to the capital, Jaen, located at the south of Spain. Behind a philosophy... More