Costa del Sol hotels
The brilliant Costa del Sol is one of the most popular seaside playgrounds in all of Europe - and for good reason. Idyllic weather, phenomenal attractions and some of the best coastal scenery on the continent, let alone Spain, sets the entire area apart. A reputation as a first-class resort destination, with good nightlife, restaurants and entertainment, and the promise of a blissful stay in the sun draws millions every year to the south of Spain.
No town on the Costa del Sol has benefited more from the area's tranformation in the 20th century from a sleepy collection of villages to premier vacation spot than Marbella. The ritzy resort town of 100,000 is the Costa del Sol destination of choice for a more affluent brand of tourist, preferably one who enjoys world class golf. Though not as trendy with the rich and famous as it once was, Marbella is still the place don designer shades and park your yacht.
Marbella-Costa del Sol History
- Villa Romana de Rio Verde – One of the most significant sites where many treasures have been found.
- Marbella Vaults – What remains of the Roman baths, used for bathing and socialising many years ago.
- Castle Walls – Part of a Moorish castle dating back to the 900s.
- Basilica Vega del Mar – Key historical landmark was once a beautiful building that dates back to the 4th century.
- Church of the Incarnation – This lovely church stands in the centre of Marbella, built in the early 1500s, and has been reconstructed over the years.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Art & Culture
- Contemporary Engraving Museum – Features a fine collection of art.
- Bonsai Museum – This unusual museum is home to a big collection of well-kept bonsai trees, landscaped areas and rock plantings.
- Municipal Exposition Gallery – Features many rotating exhibits from Spanish and international artists.
- Casa Grande – A new addition to Marbella’s galleries offering rotating exhibits and works by famous artists.
- Museo Cortijo de Miraflores – Home to a collection of oil paintings from the 17th through 19th centuries.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Shopping
- Bally – A wonderful place in Marbella with wonderful bags, shoes, and accessories.
- Berdaguer –Specializes in contemporary fashions for men.
- Cortefiel – A wonderful upscale fashion outlet that offers unique styles for men and women.
- Springfield – This local company specializes in fashions for men with great quality.
- Zara – Offers great fashions and designs for all at affordable prices.
Gay & Lesbian Marbella-Costa del Sol
- Oscars – Found in the picturesque old town area of Marbella.
- Platano Bar – Just one block away from the beach is one of the main nightlife clubs.
- Boccacio Inn – A small place with a variety of music.
- Ojo – A friendly little place that attracts locals and international visitors.
- Soy Tu – A small, stylish joint with a friendly atmosphere, video screens and a small dance floor
Marbella-Costa del Sol Outdoor
- Sierra de las Nieves – Offers ecotours that includes outdoor training and fun for all.
- Cabopino Artola – One of the many lovely Marbella beaches found along the 27km coastline in the area.
- Lagoland Mountain Lake Centre – Great outdoor events and activities, including lake tours, canoeing and more.
- Marbella Port – Day cruises that take you to Gilbralter and set anchor on a quiet beach for swimming and other water sports.
- San Pedro – The place to go for scuba diving off the coast.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Sport
- Marbella is home to over 40 spectacular courses for golfers.
- The Hipodromo Mijas Costa offers horse races, bars, restaurants, music and entertainment.
- Marbella is also home to the famous ski resort of Sierra Nevada.
- The Ascari Race Resort features a hypermodern circuit that weaves its way through the local area.
- Marbella offers samples of the Andalucian culture, including bullfighting.
- Puerto Banú
- Orange Square
- Tivoli World
- Aqualand Torremolinos
- Summer Fair
- San Bernabé Fiesta
- Holy Week
- International Movie Week
- La Escalera
- Il Girasole
- The Loft
- Nikki Beach
With enviable weather and a mean annual temperature that hovers around 20°C, the Costa del Sol is wildly popular as a vacation destination.
- Winter (December to February) 7-17°
- Spring (March to May) 9-24°
- Summer (June to September) 17-30°
- Fall (October to November) 11-24°
269 hotels in Costa del Sol, ES
Enjoying a beach front location and surrounded by golf courses, together with the facilities for conference and incentive groups make Guadalmina Spa & Golf Resort Marbella Costa del Sol an ideal... More
Boasting a wide range of travel enhancing services for an enjoyable holiday, the Salles Malaga Centro Hotel is an ideal place for you to stay where the hospitality and friendly atmosphere will make... More
Offering luxurious comfort, exceptional facilities and the prominent service, Isabel Hotel Torremolinos is just place for an unforgettable and pleasurable stay. GeneralThere is a beautiful... More
Gran Elba Estepona Thalasso & Spa 5* welcomes travellers with an elegant beachfront retreat with lavish spaces and business and recreation facilities in Costa del Sol in Malaga. Tourists at this... More
Offering efficient service and friendly hospitality, the Barcelo Malaga Hotel is an excellent venue for an unforgettable holiday. GeneralBarcelo Malaga Hotel features 16 versatile conference and... More
Holidaymakers can escape the chaos of city life and retreat to the stylish accommodations of exclusive THB Higueron Hotel Costa Del Sol. This chic contemporary Costa Del Sol hotel features an... More
The four-star NH Marbella hotel offers you to enjoy an elegant oasis of rich wood floors, warm colors, and a private terrace with sweeping views in one of the 163 guest rooms. Your stay at the NH... More
Featuring warm and cosy accommodations amidst pristine beaches, Sol Principe Hotel Costa Del Sol makes for a cosy retreat for travellers visiting this part of Costa Del Sol. From this beachfront... More
H10 Andalucia Plaza - Adults Only is an artistically refurbished hotel for tourists and business travellers desiring to stay in style on their trip to the Costa del Sol. With beaches only a few... More