Costa del Sol hotels
The brilliant Costa del Sol is one of the most popular seaside playgrounds in all of Europe - and for good reason. Idyllic weather, phenomenal attractions and some of the best coastal scenery on the continent, let alone Spain, sets the entire area apart. A reputation as a first-class resort destination, with good nightlife, restaurants and entertainment, and the promise of a blissful stay in the sun draws millions every year to the south of Spain.
No town on the Costa del Sol has benefited more from the area's tranformation in the 20th century from a sleepy collection of villages to premier vacation spot than Marbella. The ritzy resort town of 100,000 is the Costa del Sol destination of choice for a more affluent brand of tourist, preferably one who enjoys world class golf. Though not as trendy with the rich and famous as it once was, Marbella is still the place don designer shades and park your yacht.
Marbella-Costa del Sol History
- Villa Romana de Rio Verde – One of the most significant sites where many treasures have been found.
- Marbella Vaults – What remains of the Roman baths, used for bathing and socialising many years ago.
- Castle Walls – Part of a Moorish castle dating back to the 900s.
- Basilica Vega del Mar – Key historical landmark was once a beautiful building that dates back to the 4th century.
- Church of the Incarnation – This lovely church stands in the centre of Marbella, built in the early 1500s, and has been reconstructed over the years.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Art & Culture
- Contemporary Engraving Museum – Features a fine collection of art.
- Bonsai Museum – This unusual museum is home to a big collection of well-kept bonsai trees, landscaped areas and rock plantings.
- Municipal Exposition Gallery – Features many rotating exhibits from Spanish and international artists.
- Casa Grande – A new addition to Marbella’s galleries offering rotating exhibits and works by famous artists.
- Museo Cortijo de Miraflores – Home to a collection of oil paintings from the 17th through 19th centuries.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Shopping
- Bally – A wonderful place in Marbella with wonderful bags, shoes, and accessories.
- Berdaguer –Specializes in contemporary fashions for men.
- Cortefiel – A wonderful upscale fashion outlet that offers unique styles for men and women.
- Springfield – This local company specializes in fashions for men with great quality.
- Zara – Offers great fashions and designs for all at affordable prices.
Gay & Lesbian Marbella-Costa del Sol
- Oscars – Found in the picturesque old town area of Marbella.
- Platano Bar – Just one block away from the beach is one of the main nightlife clubs.
- Boccacio Inn – A small place with a variety of music.
- Ojo – A friendly little place that attracts locals and international visitors.
- Soy Tu – A small, stylish joint with a friendly atmosphere, video screens and a small dance floor
Marbella-Costa del Sol Outdoor
- Sierra de las Nieves – Offers ecotours that includes outdoor training and fun for all.
- Cabopino Artola – One of the many lovely Marbella beaches found along the 27km coastline in the area.
- Lagoland Mountain Lake Centre – Great outdoor events and activities, including lake tours, canoeing and more.
- Marbella Port – Day cruises that take you to Gilbralter and set anchor on a quiet beach for swimming and other water sports.
- San Pedro – The place to go for scuba diving off the coast.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Sport
- Marbella is home to over 40 spectacular courses for golfers.
- The Hipodromo Mijas Costa offers horse races, bars, restaurants, music and entertainment.
- Marbella is also home to the famous ski resort of Sierra Nevada.
- The Ascari Race Resort features a hypermodern circuit that weaves its way through the local area.
- Marbella offers samples of the Andalucian culture, including bullfighting.
- Puerto Banú
- Orange Square
- Tivoli World
- Aqualand Torremolinos
- Summer Fair
- San Bernabé Fiesta
- Holy Week
- International Movie Week
- La Escalera
- Il Girasole
- The Loft
- Nikki Beach
With enviable weather and a mean annual temperature that hovers around 20°C, the Costa del Sol is wildly popular as a vacation destination.
- Winter (December to February) 7-17°
- Spring (March to May) 9-24°
- Summer (June to September) 17-30°
- Fall (October to November) 11-24°
Featuring stylish accommodations ideally set in Malaga city centre, Room Mate Lola Hotel Malaga makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers exploring sights in this side of Spain. Must-see... More
Featuring a sea front location, with spectacular views of the sea and the village, Hotel El Puerto by Pierre & Vacances with its quality service and accommodation is an ideal place for your next... More
Urb. Riviera del Sol. Calle topacio, s/n Map
Book Now & Save 20%
Superbly designed with landscaped gardens, tropical trees and waterfalls, the Grangefield Oasis Hotel Mijas offering impressive service and inviting atmosphere is an ideal retreat for an indulgent... More
Avenida Sierra Morena, n 2 Map
September Sale. Book Now & Save 20%
Whether traveling to Manilva for business or pleasure, Pierre & Vacances Village Club Terrazas Costa del Sol welcomes the guests to experience the excellent accommodation and superior service. The... More
Paseo Maritimo s/n Map
FREE Airport Shuttle + WiFi. Live Music Nightly
Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, the Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos offers a good choice of accommodation, facilities as well as service and best value for your money. ... More
cheap hotel but in good area
C/ Brasil 2 Map
Pierre & Vacances Residence Torremolinos Stella Polaris completely renovated in 2010. Straight access to the well known Bajondillo beach. Stunning sea views. More
Urb Playamarina, Carretera de Cadiz km 204 Map
FINAL WEEK OFFER. Book Now & Save 23%
With well-furnished self-catering accommodations set close to the Spanish coast, Los Amigos Beach Club Apartments Costa Del Sol makes for an ideal destination for discerning travellers on a Costa... More
Located 150 metres from the beach in Benalmadena. It offers air-conditioned apartments with a private terrace. Of particular note are the panoramic views of the port, of the promenade and of the... More
Offering quality accommodation, this property is an ideal place for those longing for a peaceful and tranquil stay. GeneralAt leisure you can relax and have a bracing dip in the swimming pool or... More
Alanda Club Marbella is an elegant Mediterranean property offering cosmopolitan holidaymakers comfort and exclusivity while in the charming Costa del Sol. This Marbella complex is only metres to... More
Mid week break
Refine your search
- Malaga's Centre for Contemporary Art hotels
- Museum of Glass hotels
- English Cemetry, Malaga hotels
- Museo Carmen Thyssen hotels
- Palm Grove and Muelle Uno, Port of Malaga hotels
- Plaza de Torros hotels
- Montes de Melaga hotels
- Centro Acuatico de Malaga hotels
- Jose Maria Martin Carpena Arena hotels
- Liceo Flamenco hotels
- Kelipe Centro de Arte Flamenco hotels
- Malaga Railway Station hotels