Costa del Sol hotels
The brilliant Costa del Sol is one of the most popular seaside playgrounds in all of Europe - and for good reason. Idyllic weather, phenomenal attractions and some of the best coastal scenery on the continent, let alone Spain, sets the entire area apart. A reputation as a first-class resort destination, with good nightlife, restaurants and entertainment, and the promise of a blissful stay in the sun draws millions every year to the south of Spain.
No town on the Costa del Sol has benefited more from the area's tranformation in the 20th century from a sleepy collection of villages to premier vacation spot than Marbella. The ritzy resort town of 100,000 is the Costa del Sol destination of choice for a more affluent brand of tourist, preferably one who enjoys world class golf. Though not as trendy with the rich and famous as it once was, Marbella is still the place don designer shades and park your yacht.
Marbella-Costa del Sol History
- Villa Romana de Rio Verde – One of the most significant sites where many treasures have been found.
- Marbella Vaults – What remains of the Roman baths, used for bathing and socialising many years ago.
- Castle Walls – Part of a Moorish castle dating back to the 900s.
- Basilica Vega del Mar – Key historical landmark was once a beautiful building that dates back to the 4th century.
- Church of the Incarnation – This lovely church stands in the centre of Marbella, built in the early 1500s, and has been reconstructed over the years.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Art & Culture
- Contemporary Engraving Museum – Features a fine collection of art.
- Bonsai Museum – This unusual museum is home to a big collection of well-kept bonsai trees, landscaped areas and rock plantings.
- Municipal Exposition Gallery – Features many rotating exhibits from Spanish and international artists.
- Casa Grande – A new addition to Marbella’s galleries offering rotating exhibits and works by famous artists.
- Museo Cortijo de Miraflores – Home to a collection of oil paintings from the 17th through 19th centuries.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Shopping
- Bally – A wonderful place in Marbella with wonderful bags, shoes, and accessories.
- Berdaguer –Specializes in contemporary fashions for men.
- Cortefiel – A wonderful upscale fashion outlet that offers unique styles for men and women.
- Springfield – This local company specializes in fashions for men with great quality.
- Zara – Offers great fashions and designs for all at affordable prices.
Gay & Lesbian Marbella-Costa del Sol
- Oscars – Found in the picturesque old town area of Marbella.
- Platano Bar – Just one block away from the beach is one of the main nightlife clubs.
- Boccacio Inn – A small place with a variety of music.
- Ojo – A friendly little place that attracts locals and international visitors.
- Soy Tu – A small, stylish joint with a friendly atmosphere, video screens and a small dance floor
Marbella-Costa del Sol Outdoor
- Sierra de las Nieves – Offers ecotours that includes outdoor training and fun for all.
- Cabopino Artola – One of the many lovely Marbella beaches found along the 27km coastline in the area.
- Lagoland Mountain Lake Centre – Great outdoor events and activities, including lake tours, canoeing and more.
- Marbella Port – Day cruises that take you to Gilbralter and set anchor on a quiet beach for swimming and other water sports.
- San Pedro – The place to go for scuba diving off the coast.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Sport
- Marbella is home to over 40 spectacular courses for golfers.
- The Hipodromo Mijas Costa offers horse races, bars, restaurants, music and entertainment.
- Marbella is also home to the famous ski resort of Sierra Nevada.
- The Ascari Race Resort features a hypermodern circuit that weaves its way through the local area.
- Marbella offers samples of the Andalucian culture, including bullfighting.
- Puerto Banú
- Orange Square
- Tivoli World
- Aqualand Torremolinos
- Summer Fair
- San Bernabé Fiesta
- Holy Week
- International Movie Week
- La Escalera
- Il Girasole
- The Loft
- Nikki Beach
With enviable weather and a mean annual temperature that hovers around 20°C, the Costa del Sol is wildly popular as a vacation destination.
- Winter (December to February) 7-17°
- Spring (March to May) 9-24°
- Summer (June to September) 17-30°
- Fall (October to November) 11-24°
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
HEROE DE SOSTOA, 2 Map
FREE WiFi, FREE Fitness Centre, FREE Sauna Access
Offering efficient service and friendly hospitality, the Barcelo Malaga Hotel is an excellent venue for an unforgettable holiday. GeneralBarcelo Malaga Hotel features 16 versatile conference and... More
Featuring stylish accommodations ideally set in Malaga city centre, Room Mate Lola Hotel Malaga makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers exploring sights in this side of Spain. Must-see... More
Monarque Sultan Club Hotel Marbella invites the guests for a comfortable stay by offering excellent amenities and quality services. Marbella Golf & Country Club, Iglesia Mayor de la Encarnacion,... More
A week in Marbella
Carretera De Cadiz Km 220 Map
FREE WiFi & FREE Casino Entry
Situated right on the beach and surrounded by beautiful palm trees and tropical plants, the THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena is an ideal place to spend your relaxing holidays. GeneralThis hotel... More
Carretera de Cadiz km 192 Map
FREE WiFi, FREE Parking
Holidaymakers looking to experience tranquillity amidst tropical gardens and picturesque sites book a stay in the luxurious comforts and top-of-the-line accommodations of Don Carlos Beach & Golf... More
Hotel BlueBay Banus Malaga invites holidaymakers to a stylish Andalusia-styled retreat in this lively Spain coastal metropolis. With an idyllic beachfront location near recreation sites, tourists... More
Monarque El Rodeo Hotel Marbella is enviably located next to the exotic Alameda park and a short walk from pretty Venus Beach. The main Plaza de los Naranjos is within strolling distance and has... More
The Room Mate Larios is the most emblematic hotel in Malaga and boasts an excellent location as well as fine services. GeneralThis is an independent boutique hotel in the heart of Malaga's... More
Just as good the second time around
Calle Albania (Calle Fedra) 3-5 Map
FREE WiFi & FREE Parking
Plaza del Castillo Hotel Malaga welcomes travellers to a medieval-style accommodation fused with modern comforts. This Costa del Sol hotel is over six kilometres from Mediterranean Sea and... More
Pasillo Santa Isabel 7 Map
Book Now & Save 7%
Vincci Posada Del Patio Hotel Malaga features quality accommodation and friendly service. This hotel offers relaxing atmosphere for a comfortable stay. It is also a great choice for business and... More
Fantastic central location
Refine your search
- Malaga's Centre for Contemporary Art hotels
- Museum of Glass hotels
- English Cemetry, Malaga hotels
- Museo Carmen Thyssen hotels
- Palm Grove and Muelle Uno, Port of Malaga hotels
- Plaza de Torros hotels
- Montes de Melaga hotels
- Centro Acuatico de Malaga hotels
- Jose Maria Martin Carpena Arena hotels
- Liceo Flamenco hotels
- Kelipe Centro de Arte Flamenco hotels
- Malaga Railway Station hotels