Costa del Sol hotels
The brilliant Costa del Sol is one of the most popular seaside playgrounds in all of Europe - and for good reason. Idyllic weather, phenomenal attractions and some of the best coastal scenery on the continent, let alone Spain, sets the entire area apart. A reputation as a first-class resort destination, with good nightlife, restaurants and entertainment, and the promise of a blissful stay in the sun draws millions every year to the south of Spain.
No town on the Costa del Sol has benefited more from the area's tranformation in the 20th century from a sleepy collection of villages to premier vacation spot than Marbella. The ritzy resort town of 100,000 is the Costa del Sol destination of choice for a more affluent brand of tourist, preferably one who enjoys world class golf. Though not as trendy with the rich and famous as it once was, Marbella is still the place don designer shades and park your yacht.
Marbella-Costa del Sol History
- Villa Romana de Rio Verde – One of the most significant sites where many treasures have been found.
- Marbella Vaults – What remains of the Roman baths, used for bathing and socialising many years ago.
- Castle Walls – Part of a Moorish castle dating back to the 900s.
- Basilica Vega del Mar – Key historical landmark was once a beautiful building that dates back to the 4th century.
- Church of the Incarnation – This lovely church stands in the centre of Marbella, built in the early 1500s, and has been reconstructed over the years.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Art & Culture
- Contemporary Engraving Museum – Features a fine collection of art.
- Bonsai Museum – This unusual museum is home to a big collection of well-kept bonsai trees, landscaped areas and rock plantings.
- Municipal Exposition Gallery – Features many rotating exhibits from Spanish and international artists.
- Casa Grande – A new addition to Marbella’s galleries offering rotating exhibits and works by famous artists.
- Museo Cortijo de Miraflores – Home to a collection of oil paintings from the 17th through 19th centuries.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Shopping
- Bally – A wonderful place in Marbella with wonderful bags, shoes, and accessories.
- Berdaguer –Specializes in contemporary fashions for men.
- Cortefiel – A wonderful upscale fashion outlet that offers unique styles for men and women.
- Springfield – This local company specializes in fashions for men with great quality.
- Zara – Offers great fashions and designs for all at affordable prices.
Gay & Lesbian Marbella-Costa del Sol
- Oscars – Found in the picturesque old town area of Marbella.
- Platano Bar – Just one block away from the beach is one of the main nightlife clubs.
- Boccacio Inn – A small place with a variety of music.
- Ojo – A friendly little place that attracts locals and international visitors.
- Soy Tu – A small, stylish joint with a friendly atmosphere, video screens and a small dance floor
Marbella-Costa del Sol Outdoor
- Sierra de las Nieves – Offers ecotours that includes outdoor training and fun for all.
- Cabopino Artola – One of the many lovely Marbella beaches found along the 27km coastline in the area.
- Lagoland Mountain Lake Centre – Great outdoor events and activities, including lake tours, canoeing and more.
- Marbella Port – Day cruises that take you to Gilbralter and set anchor on a quiet beach for swimming and other water sports.
- San Pedro – The place to go for scuba diving off the coast.
Marbella-Costa del Sol Sport
- Marbella is home to over 40 spectacular courses for golfers.
- The Hipodromo Mijas Costa offers horse races, bars, restaurants, music and entertainment.
- Marbella is also home to the famous ski resort of Sierra Nevada.
- The Ascari Race Resort features a hypermodern circuit that weaves its way through the local area.
- Marbella offers samples of the Andalucian culture, including bullfighting.
- Puerto Banú
- Orange Square
- Tivoli World
- Aqualand Torremolinos
- Summer Fair
- San Bernabé Fiesta
- Holy Week
- International Movie Week
- La Escalera
- Il Girasole
- The Loft
- Nikki Beach
With enviable weather and a mean annual temperature that hovers around 20°C, the Costa del Sol is wildly popular as a vacation destination.
- Winter (December to February) 7-17°
- Spring (March to May) 9-24°
- Summer (June to September) 17-30°
- Fall (October to November) 11-24°
269 hotels in Costa del Sol, ES
The four-star NH Marbella hotel offers you to enjoy an elegant oasis of rich wood floors, warm colors, and a private terrace with sweeping views in one of the 163 guest rooms. Your stay at the NH... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, this property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Fuengirola. GeneralThis property offers well-equipped meeting rooms that can... More
With well-furnished self-catering accommodations set close to the Spanish coast, Los Amigos Beach Club Apartments Costa Del Sol makes for an ideal destination for discerning travellers on a Costa... More
Vincci Posada Del Patio Hotel Malaga features quality accommodation and friendly service. This hotel offers relaxing atmosphere for a comfortable stay. It is also a great choice for business and... More
Hotel BlueBay Banus Malaga invites holidaymakers to a stylish Andalusia-styled retreat in this lively Spain coastal metropolis. With an idyllic beachfront location near recreation sites, tourists... More
Las Vegas Hotel Malaga is designed for a pleasant stay and to satisfy the expectations of its guests, which is an ideal place to reside for both business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralLas... More
Offering luxurious comfort, exceptional facilities and the prominent service, Isabel Hotel Torremolinos is just place for an unforgettable and pleasurable stay. GeneralThere is a beautiful... More
Enjoying a beach front location and surrounded by golf courses, together with the facilities for conference and incentive groups make Guadalmina Spa & Golf Resort Marbella Costa del Sol an ideal... More
Directly accessible to the beach and providing wonderful Mediterranean Sea views, the Spanish village-style Club La Costa At Marina Del Sol makes for a perfect base for a Costa del Sol holiday.... More