Calpe is a town of modern buildings juxtaposed with the ancient fishing village that existed before it. Visitors here can appreciate this harmonious fusion as well as entertainment that includes seafood restaurants, tapas, many local festivals, and even Michelin starred restaurants! Come for the sailing, swimming, scuba diving and other water sports, and stay for a game of golf or hiking at the Nature reserve at the Rock of Ifach, or simply lounge on one of the two fine beaches. When you become tired of relaxing, go dancing until morning at one of the many nightclubs on the Costa Blanca.
- Climb to the top of the Penon de Ifach rock, but be sure to schedule your climb, as the number of visitors to this attraction is monitored by the local Calpe authorities.
- Explore the Costa Blanca's history of occupations by Iberians, Phoenicians, Romans and Moors by touring at the Archaeological Museum.
- Visit Costa Blanca's ancient fish farm and salting facility at the archaeological site known as the Queen's Baths which dates back to Roman times.
From Alicante, which is easily accessible by high-speed train from the rest of Spain or airplane from just about anywhere in the world, catch the tram and ride for about 90 minutes along the Costa Blanca to Calpe. If you are coming from somewhere else, for example Valencia, there are other options as well, such as the bus, which provides 2 buses daily from Valencia Airport to Calpe. Once you are in the town, things are mostly close by each other, and it's a lot easier to see the history of the place if you walk rather than drive.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
- Marbella hotels (32 hotels)
12 hotels in Calpe
Combining the novelty of modern hotel as well as enviable location, this hotel with its beautiful installation and services is the ideal accommodation choice while visiting the splendid city of... More
The quiet position, elegant, classic at the same time rustic decoration and superb modern facilities make the Swiss Moraira Hotel in Alicante an ideal choice for a get-away-from-it-all holiday. ... More
With an innovative architecture and designed in harmony with the style of the traditional white houses of the town, SH Villa Gadea Hotel Altea is a best option, either for work or relaxing. ... More
Pierre & Vacances Altea Port Apartment makes for an ideal base with its comfortable accommodations, quality services and numerous on site recreation, suitable for holidaymakers looking for a... More
A modern residence with high quality apartments and stunning terraces offering stunning views on the sea. View on the bay, the leisure port and the shingle beach opposite the residence. Pierre... More
Facilities of the hotel are: 3 outdoor swimming pools, one of them for children's use, one indoor heated swimming pool. Lounges for Celebrations and Congresses, Discotheque, Covered car parking,... More
Surrounded by nature and tranquillity, the Galetamar Hotel offers wonderful lodging and services to ensure you an enjoyable vacation at Calpe. LocationLocated in the colourful bay of La Calalga,... More
The Diamante Beach also has the most complete SPA in the Comunidad Valenciana. 2000 m2 of modern facilities, developed for offering you the ultimate care and treatment for body and mind. Other... More
The proximity to Unitursa's Hotels will help to make your stay all the more comfortable : Cafes, Piano Bars, SPA areas and Health Centres, all within your reach. Enter an Oasis of Wellbeing and... More