Be seduced by the sun, the sand, the sightseeing, the scrumptious food and the sensational drinks. With over 5 million visitors a year baking by brightly coloured beach umbrellas along the skyscraper-packed coastline, Benidorm is undoubtedly the Lady Gaga of Spain (minus the meat dress). It’s loud, it’s in your face and it may even be a little bit tacky. But despite it all, Benidorm’s charm will make you never want to leave!
Devour tapas to your heart’s content around Benidorm Old Quarter, or if a home-cooked meal and a pint is what you’re craving, check out the plethora of English café bars in the Levantearea. Then once your waistline has reached maximum capacity, join the thousands of red-faced tourists soaking up the atmosphere (and maybe too much sun) along Benidorm’s captivating Costa Blanca coastline.
Benidorm’s Top 10
10. Aqualandia If the beach isn’t your scene and you’re looking to cool off, this water park will be a splash with the whole family.
5. Old Town Church Epitomises Benidorm’s hidden quaint charm often overlooked by the beer-swilling tourists.
9. Boat ride to Calpe The best way to experience a full view of Benidorm is to take boat trip to neighbouring Calpe.
4. Nightlife With over 800 bars to choose from, you can drink your way through many happy hours as you explore Benidorm by night.
8. Shopping Benidorm has an abundance of shopping opportunities, from sublime artisan markets to deluxe hidden bazaars.
3. Benidorm Island Climb on-board a ‘submarine’ and explore the beautiful Mediterranean seascape! You’ll soon forget that the ‘sub’ is actually a catamaran with an underwater viewing deck!
7. Mundomar Get in touch with nature at this fun animal and sea life park.
2. Terra Mitica One of Benidorm’s top attractions, this theme park will give you thrills with a Mediterranean twist.
6. Poniente Playa The most sedate of Benidorm’s many beaches, saunter along the boardwalk and breathe in the salt air.
1. Benidorm Palace This Las Vegas-style cabaret and dinner show is a spectacle in itself!
- Church of San Jaime – A beautiful church and a must-see attraction for tourists to Benidorm.
- The Parish of St James – A charming Benidorm church.
- Old Town – Explore the narrow streets, dotted with countless bars and restaurants.
- Parque De L’Aiguera – A delightful park featuring amphitheatres.
- Guadalest Monastery – Located just outside of Benidorm, this well-preserved monastery is a must-visit tourist attraction.
Benidorm Art & Culture
- House Museum – The town’s main art gallery. Located in a historic building, this museum contains many stunning paintings and sculptures.
- Agricultural Museum – Containing a wealth of farming tools and equipment from over the years, this museum is a must-see for those who work, or are interested, in agricultural.
- Wax Museum – Popular with tourists to Benidorm, this museum contains the lifelike waxworks of famous singers, politicians and members of royal families.
- Benidorm Palace Theatre – A theatre-style nightclub that puts on spectacular performances.
- Summer Jazz Benidorm – This annual event, usually held at the end of July or the start of July, draws jazz musicians from far and wide.
- Avenida Uno – An up-market store selling fashionable designer clothing.
- Macedonia – This small boutique store selling modern clothing and accessories for women at friendly prices.
- Glass – Home to designer goods, Armani and Versace clothing can be found here. Perfect for Benidorm shoppers boasting an unlimited holiday spending budget.
- Los Telares – A shop selling medium-priced, Spanish-style casualwear.
- La Meca del Monedero – Home to glamorous purses and bags full of excellent finds.
Gay & Lesbian Benidorm
- Benidorm Gay Price – Typically held in October of each year, this amazing festival takes place around the old town.
- Mercury Gay Disco Bar – A busy disco bar featuring dark rooms upstairs.
- KM Dance Club Benidorm – Spanning three floors and open-air garden spaces, this venue is home to 12 bars and plays the latest dance tracks.
- H2O Sauna – A popular sauna catering to gay guys.
- Viva – A delightful gay café that draws locals and tourists.
- Aqualandia – A fun family water park, ideal for cooling off from the heat.
- Mundomar – An animal and sea life park, perfect for adults and children alike.
- Terra Mitica – A large theme park featuring thrilling rides and attractions.
- Terra Natura – A wildlife and water park in one.
- Isla de Benidorm Wildlife Sanctuary – Accessible by boat, this attraction is not to be missed by nature lovers.
- Check out the water sports enthusiasts at Levante Beach. The experienced fanatics are particularly impressive.
- Watch the golfers at Benidorm Golf Club Don Cayo.
- Enjoy a game of volleyball courtesy of the CV Benidorm volleyball team.
- Be dazzled by the skills of the sailors of the Club Nautico Benidorm. These sailors regularly practice in the waters around here.
- Catch the Benidorm Rugby Sevens tournament, typically held in June.
January’s Cavalcade of the Three Kings marks the end of the Christmas season with a horseback, candy-throwing parade! It certainly beats leaving the Christmas lights up until September…
Don’t miss Benidorm’s Carnaval in February! There will be music, there will be dancing, there will be the traditional burying of a sardine.
What better way to celebrate a religious event than at La Virgen del Carmen in July, complete with a massive party and fireworks.
Flamenco your way into the future with a grandé New Year’s Eve celebration in Benidorm Square. Join the locals – and a few foreigners who forgot to go home after summer – for the countdown by the clock tower.
When To Go
The best and busiest time to visit Benidorm is definitely around July, when the summer sunshine is at its best.
For an emptier beach and some gorgeous warm weather, Benidorm in April is divine.
This coastal town has a favourable Mediterranean climate all year round, so whenever you choose to visit, Benidorm is ready for you!
The local bus service in Benidorm is excellent, running all the way up to midnight for you night owls.
If you’re feeling particularly leisurely, there are many hire companies around town that offer scooters for zipping along the promenade.
Benidorm is quite compact, so a stroll to wherever you’re going never takes long.
In the world of package holidays and tour operators, Benidorm is king. The Spanish resort town is infamous as a default haunt for middle class hordes; so much so that it even has an award-winning British sitcom named after it.
Despite the cynical brand of fun people have at Benidorm's expense on occasion, there's a legitimate reason behind the town's popularity as a vacation destination. The Costa Blanca for starters, is a spectacular region of Spain. The immaculate Benidorm coastline, while indeed overrun by myriad hotels and high-rises, offers the kind of romanticized slice of Mediterranean nirvana most long for.
Since Benidorm is a beach town, rest and relaxation is the modus operandi for the vast majority of visitors. The tourism industry is all too happy to oblige of course.Aqualandia Water Amusement
Aqualandia Water Amusement Park is close to the main drag in Benidorm and attracts tourists with water slides, pools, rides, waterfalls and kid-friendly attractions. The park has relaxation areas and plenty of shops, restaurants and cafés.Calpe
When the main beaches on the Costa Blanca get too congested, many people go for a boat excursion to Calpe. Accessible from the Benidorm Marina, the small coastal town has a waterfront with restaurants and bars, a beautiful span of beach and a popular attraction in the Rock of Ifach, with extraordinary views of the immediate landscape.Terra Mitica
Terra Mitica offers a respite for those in search of relief from the sun-drenched beaches. The amusement park is a short ride from central Benidorm and features typical rides and roller coasters.Cactuslandia
Cactuslandia is a botanical garden of sorts, close to the heart of the city, with cacti, tropical plants and exotic birds on display.Mundomar Marine Exotic Animal Park
Mundomar Marine Exotic Animal Park is a zoo, safari park and aquarium rolled into one. With dolphins, penguins and parrots, the family-friendly facility is a popular draw.
Spain is a notable hotbed of golf in Europe and the Costa Blanca is no exception. Bring your clubs when you come to Benidorm — the resort town has over a dozen choice courses within close range.Benidorm Song Festival
The Benidorm Song Festival in mid-August features a terrific line-up of open air concerts in beautiful Aiguera Park.Water Sports
Water sport enthusiasts have a surfeit of options in Benidorm. The beaches are lined with activity centres where people can arrange jet ski rentals, scuba excursions, windsurfing lessons and try their hand at waterskiing or paragliding.
The nightlife in Benidorm enjoys a legendary reputation. Avenida de Mallorca is ground zero for clubs, pubs and bars.
Weather is of course, a predominant factor in Benidorm's immense popularity. Spain's Mediterranean coast is blessed with ideal conditions all year round. Summer however, is tourist time.
- Winter (December to February) 6-14°C
- Spring (March to May) 9-21°C
- Summer (June to September) 18-27°C
- Fall (October to November) 11-21°C
Explore Benidorm by location
See other Benidorm hotels
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
60 hotels in Benidorm
Travellers planning a particular holiday at Benidorm, then Marconfort Benidorm Suites - All Inclusive is the perfect starting point in Benidorm. GeneralIn leisure, patrons at Marconfort Benidorm... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Sol Pelicanos Oca Hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralAfter a tiring day, you can take a dip or relax at the refreshing... More
Featuring comfortable accommodation and quality services, this hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable holiday in Alicante. GeneralThe hotel offers several assembly halls for organising your... More
A world of fun is accessible with Melia Hotel Benidorm Rincon de Loix as a base. Offering complete facilities, the property is close to Terra Mitica theme park and Terra Natura wildlife park.... More
RH Sol Hotel Benidorm offers highest standards of service, exceptional accommodation and convenient facilities to make your stay a grand experience. GeneralGuests at RH Sol Hotel Benidorm can... More
GFH Estudios Benidorm offers comfortable self-contained accommodations positioned on a bustling pedestrian area close to the beautiful beaches in this Spain coastal town. Vacationers at this cosy... More
The property with its comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities is an ideal base for experiencing an exciting and adventurous vacation in the city of Benidorm. GeneralConference... More
Avenida Antillas n 11 Map
Travel away from the bustle of city life and experience understated luxury at the well-equipped and lavish accommodations of Sandos Monaco All Inclusive Beach Hotel & Spa Benidorm. Besides having... More