Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família hotels
Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia
The Temple of Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia is a church in Barcelona, Spain that is considered one of the greatest architectural masterpieces of the city. The elaborate Roman Catholic church was designed by famed architect Antoni Gaudi, who passed away during its early stages of construction. Thus, though construction on the Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia began in 1882, it is not yet finished, with conservative estimations pegging its completion around 2026, making the church with its trademark spires and ornate façade one of the longest-running architectural projects in modern history.
- Visit the museum on the ground floor of the Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia in Barcelona to see interesting exhibits about the construction process that has gone on for more than 100 years.
- Take the lift up the Nativity and Passion Facades of the magnificent Sagrada Familia to see spectacular views of the city of Barcelona below as well as the ornate designs of the towers and spires.
- Check out the nave and the fantastic details on the ceiling, which was designed to mirror trees and branches, as well as visit the crypt of Antoni Gaudi.
The city of Barcelona is easy to get around using the public transport system. There are two metro stations situated close to the Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia, both named Sagrada Família but on two different subway lines. One station services the L5 line, and the other is on the L2 line. The Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Familia is just a couple of city block from Avinguda Diagonal, one of the main arteries of the city, and a 20-minute stroll from the Barcelona-Clot-Arago and Barcelona-Passeig de Gracia railway stations.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (8 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
411 hotels near Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família
Travellers in a Barcelona trip find convenient base at the comfortable accommodations and central location of Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel. Visitors at this cosy hostel can first stop by the famous... More
Explore the heritage-rich and vibrant Barcelona with convenience by staying at the hip and centrally set Generator Hostel Barcelona. Vacationers at this cosy hostel can easily head to top-rated... More
Holidaymakers looking for quality accommodations fused with sleek furnishings and a cosy ambience find an ideal retreat in the inviting spaces of Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - BCN Suites. Apart... More
Whether in Barcelona for business or leisure, travellers find an ideal base in the conveniently located accommodations of Sensation Sagrada Familia Apartment Barcelona. While in the capital city of... More
Giving travellers an opportunity to experience the cosmopolitan city, Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Industria Suites stylish units welcomes guests with its contemporary architecture and... More
Featuring contemporary accommodations housed in a late 19th century palace, Hotel Gran Via makes for an ideal base for visitors looking to explore the vibrant city of Barcelona. Travellers can... More
Hotel Indigo BARCELONA - PLAZA CATALUNYA invites leisure and business travellers to chic accommodations and convenient access to Barcelona local spots. While in this side of Spain, holidaymakers... More
Situated in a modernist quarter, Sagrada Familia Hotel Barcelona offers edgy contemporary accommodations for business and leisure travellers visiting the capital of Catalonia. This Barcelona hotel... More
Offering a friendly, home-style hospitality and comfortable accommodation, the El Palace Hotel is place in Barcelona where you can treat yourself to the best. GeneralThe Palace has attractive... More