Santa Maria del Mar hotels
Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar
The Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar or St. Mary of the Sea Church is a Catalonian Gothic church built in the 14th century. The church is situated in the Ribera district of Barcelona, Spain. It is highly distinguished for its exquisite architecture, which was the work of architect Berenguer de Montagut. The church was built to commemorate the conquest of Sardinia by the Catalans, and was patronized mostly by merchants and ship owners. During a 1960s excavation, it was discovered that a Roman necropolis used to stand on the church's grounds between the 4th and 6th century.
- Tour the impressive and spacious interior of the Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar, which features a towering central nave adorned with arches and octagonal pillars that are quite distinct from all churches in Barcelona.
- Explore the three facades of the church, which are located on Santa Maria Street, Paseo del Born and Santa Maria main square, and are representations of Gothic architecture that is unique to Barcelona and the Catalan region.
- Visit the Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar on a Sunday at 1 p.m. to witness the highly regarded choir performance.
The Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar is located in Plaza de Santa Maria and is quite accessible via Barcelona's public transportation network. Visitors to the church can take Barcelona metro underground system and get off at Jaume I station, which is the nearest metro station to the church. From this station, the church is only a 3-5 minute walk away. Another alternative for commuters is to take the city bus service that stops at Via Laietana-Argenteria. This stop is also just a few minutes' walk from Santa Maria del Mar.
Offering an unbeatable location, the Jazz Hotel with its luxurious accommodation is one of the most prominent cosmopolitan hotels of the city. GeneralThe hotel also offers 2 fully equipped... More
Close to all that the Barcelona has to offer, Medinaceli Hotel features a warm welcome and pleasant ambience to make your stay comfortable. GeneralDuring leisure, you can explore the surrounding... More
Few minuses, but mostly ok
NH Barcelona Centro Hotel offers a warm welcome, pleasant ambience and convenient facilities to make your stay in Barcelona a memorable one. General The hotel has 2 meeting rooms, the Ateneo and... More
Housed in a 17th century convent, Oriente Atiram Hotel provides quality accommodation in the heart of Barcelona. Those who love operas and ballets will enjoy the hotel's proximity to Lyceum... More
Known for its privileged location on Barcelona's most popular and well-known street of Las Ramblas, The Royal Ramblas Hotel Barcelona is just the place to make your vacation an enjoyable one. ... More
Hotel Indigo BARCELONA - PLAZA CATALUNYA invites leisure and business travellers to chic accommodations and convenient access to Barcelona local spots. While in this side of Spain, holidaymakers... More
Petit Palace Boqueria Hotel Barcelona welcomes business and leisure travellers to plan their vacation stay at this hotel on their visit to Barcelona. The property offers great accommodation and... More
Via Laietana, 30 Map
Free Wifi and access to Terrace and pool
Offering views of the entire Gothic district and the ancient city walls, Grand Hotel Central Barcelona with its close proximity to beaches and sea is an ideal spot for relaxation. Visitors can see... More
Offering a friendly, home-style hospitality and comfortable accommodation, the El Palace Hotel is place in Barcelona where you can treat yourself to the best. GeneralThe Palace has attractive... More
Wonderful El Palace
Refine your search
- La Ribera hotels
- Sant Pere hotels
- Museu Barbier-Mueller d'Art Precolombí hotels
- Museum of Textiles and Fashion hotels
- Picasso Museum hotels
- Carrer de Montcada hotels
- Hemp Museum Gallery hotels
- Església de Sants Just i Pastor hotels
- Barcelona Estació de França hotels
- Museu d'idees i invents de Barcelona hotels
- Passeig del Born hotels
- Palau Reial Major hotels