Museo de Historia de Barcelona hotels
Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat
The must-see Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat in Barcelona traces the city's fascinating history from the earliest settlements to the present day, with a special emphasis on its Roman history. The main draw of the museum is the incredible underground ruins of the Barcino, an ancient Roman city. Visitors can explore the 4,000 square meters of ruins on metal walkways, and headsets are available to visitors in English. Along with ruins of houses and walls, the underground section of the Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat includes fascinating glimpses into ancient life with its preserved wine-making and laundry facilities.
- Visit the upstairs portion of the Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat, the Palau Reial Major, where guests will find fascinating displays depicting Barcelona during the Middle Ages.
- Explore the beautiful Chapel of Santa Agata; built in 1302, the nave of the chapel features an impressive wooden ceiling.
- Marvel at the stunning architecture of the Barcelona's Salo del Tinell hall, which features spectacular arches and buttresses and is said to be the place where Christopher Columbus announced his discovery of America to Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand.
The Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat is conveniently located in central Barcelona near the Jaume I Yellow Line metro station. For those not wishing to take the subway, the Museu d'Historia may also be reached by taxi or bus. Taxis are available throughout the city and are metered; most will accept major credit cards. Three-wheeled cycle taxis also roam the city and can transport up to two passengers. Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona buses will travel to most major locations within the city, and a network of minibuses operates after hours.
- Barcelona hotels (435 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (40 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
413 hotels near Museo de Historia de Barcelona
Offering an unbeatable location, the Jazz Hotel with its luxurious accommodation is one of the most prominent cosmopolitan hotels of the city. GeneralThe hotel also offers 2 fully equipped... More
Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa makes for an ideal choice of destination in Barcelona with its top-notch amenities, impeccable hospitality and cosy accommodations for a relaxing stay in Barcelona.... More
Pulitzer Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities to make your stay in Barcelona a pleasant one. General The hotel boasts a meeting room, business centre office, library... More
Silken Gran Hotel Havana Barcelona welcomes travellers to stylish accommodations housed in a historic building from 1800s in the heart of Barcelona, Spain. General Silken Gran Hotel Havana... More
Providing self-catering units in the heart of the historic city, MH Apartments Guell Barcelona makes for a convenient base for tourists exploring Barcelona. This cosy accommodation is within easy... More
Featuring deluxe accommodations in the heart of the Gothic district, Gotico Hotel Barcelona makes for a fitting base for discerning travellers exploring the capital of Catalonia. This Barcelona... More
Offering warm welcome and high standards of accommodation, this property is an ideal place for a comfortable stay. GeneralGuests can avail the services of fax, photocopy as well as internet. At... More
Petit Palace Boqueria Hotel Barcelona welcomes business and leisure travellers to plan their vacation stay at this hotel on their visit to Barcelona. The property offers great accommodation and... More
Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona offers great servic and warm hospitality. This hotel is a good choice of lodging for travellers on business or leisure stays. Just 1 kilometre from this hotel is... More