Columbus Monument hotels
Monumento a Colon or the Columbus monument is a 60-metre-tall monument dedicated to the legendary Christopher Columbus, in Barcelona. Completed in 1888 at the exact location where Columbus returned to Spain after his first voyage, in the lower end of La Rambla, the monument reminds both residents and tourists of his notable discoveries. Several copies of the monument can be found in locations such as the Shima Spanish Village and the Mini-Europe Park located in Belgium, Brussels. Being a huge city with several districts, Barcelona is also the second largest city in Spain and a popular tourist attraction.
- Visit the magnificent structure known as the Columbus Monument, with its unique statue, column, octagonal pedestal, and plinth that showcase important scenes from Columbus’ first voyage to the new world.
- Enjoy historic tours at Barcelona's Museum of Natural History and CosmoCaixa Science museum as well as the delightful aerial tramway harbour cable car ride that connects Montjuic and Barceloneta.
- Experience Barcelona’s famous annual festivals, which run at various times throughout the year and include Sonar, Festes de la Merce, and Festes de Gracia.
With two terminals, the local airport receives many visitors on a daily basis. Transportation is available from the airport in the form of taxis, minibuses, EuropeShuttle service, and the airport train service. Barcelona-Sants, Barcelona-Passeig de Gracia, and Barcelona-Estacio de Franca offer alternative trains to various parts of the city and Europe. Getting to attractions such as Gaudi Architectural sites and the Columbus Monument is easy with a number of bicycle hire companies, scooters, public buses, and exotic transportation such as Tramvia Blau, the old tram system and the Funicular. Car hire is also an option, although parking can be expensive.
- Barcelona hotels (435 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (40 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (7 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
412 hotels near Columbus Monument
Pulitzer Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities to make your stay in Barcelona a pleasant one. General The hotel boasts a meeting room, business centre office, library... More
Offering an unbeatable location, the Jazz Hotel with its luxurious accommodation is one of the most prominent cosmopolitan hotels of the city. GeneralThe hotel also offers 2 fully equipped... More
Providing self-catering units in the heart of the historic city, MH Apartments Guell Barcelona makes for a convenient base for tourists exploring Barcelona. This cosy accommodation is within easy... More
Featuring deluxe accommodations in the heart of the Gothic district, Gotico Hotel Barcelona makes for a fitting base for discerning travellers exploring the capital of Catalonia. This Barcelona... More
Offering warm welcome and high standards of accommodation, this property is an ideal place for a comfortable stay. GeneralGuests can avail the services of fax, photocopy as well as internet. At... More
With modern and plush accommodations nestled in a historic structure, Hotel Ciutadella Barcelona makes for a suitable base for tourists seeking for a vibrant yet tranquil retreat in this side of... More
Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona offers great servic and warm hospitality. This hotel is a good choice of lodging for travellers on business or leisure stays. Just 1 kilometre from this hotel is... More
Set in the heart of the tourist and shopping area, Rialto Hotel Barcelona is ideal for tourists who want to experience the spirit of Barcelona. Harlem Jazz Club is a popular nightclub that offers... More
Confortel Almirante Hotel Barcelona enjoys a fine location close to Harlem Jazz Club, Barcelona's famous nightclub. It also offers comfortable accommodation and quality services to cater an... More