Casa Vicens hotels
Casa Vicens, Barcelona
Built for Manuel Vicens by Antonio Gaudi, this Barcelona residence is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is Gaudi’s first important work and established his reputation. Casa Vicens is an amazingly beautiful building, from the coloured glass in the entranceway, to the smoking room, to its graceful balconies. Gaudi enhanced his architectural designs with sensuality by incorporating lines and curves that are evident in Casa Vicens. Gaudi also incorporated decorative tile into the house. The house is a private residence, but visitors may walk by and admire the particular features that make it a popular, much-visited structure in Barcelona.
- Visit the beautiful Casa Vicens and take note of the cast iron railings with plant motifs that are a recurring feature in Gaudi's later architectural works.
- Take the Gaudi-themed route through Barcelona and visit not only Casa Vicens, but also some of the other buildings designed by Gaudi.
- Visit MUHBA, the Museum d'Historia de Barcelona, for more information and examples of the fantastic architecture of Antonio Gaudi and learn how his work contributes to the unique style of the city.
The El Prat airport is 16 kilometres south of Barcelona, and buses and metros connect the airport to the city. Casa Vicens is located at 24 Carolines in the Gracia neighbourhood of Barcelona. It can be reached by taking the metro L3 to the Fontana stop. Several bus routes that will also take you there, including the 22, 24, 27, 28, 31, 32, 87, and 92 lines. The house is part of a themed tour and special transportation is available. If your hotel is close enough, the neighbourhood is quite nice and quiet, so walking can be a pleasant alternative.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (429 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (355 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (38 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Torrejon De Ardoz hotels (4 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (10 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (8 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
410 hotels near Casa Vicens
An excellent choice for both long and short stays, the Mariano Cubi Aparthotel Barcelona is a unique building with an ideal hotel concept. GeneralMariano Cubi Aparthotel features creatively... More
Travellers in a Barcelona trip find convenient base at the comfortable accommodations and central location of Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel. Visitors at this cosy hostel can first stop by the famous... More
Explore the heritage-rich and vibrant Barcelona with convenience by staying at the hip and centrally set Generator Hostel Barcelona. Vacationers at this cosy hostel can easily head to top-rated... More
Holidaymakers looking for quality accommodations fused with sleek furnishings and a cosy ambience find an ideal retreat in the inviting spaces of Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - BCN Suites. Apart... More
Offering luxury, design and comfort, Granados 83 Hotel Barcelona skilfully blends a superior quality of life with residential comforts of home, an ideal place to relax while in Barcelona. The La... More
Olivia Balmes Hotel Barcelona welcomes discerning travellers to plush accommodations and contemporary facilities nestled in the heart of Barcelona. Vacationers see the ancient fortress of Montjuic... More
Claris Hotel Barcelona offers its visitors an ideal combination of comfortable accommodation and modern meeting and recreational facilities. Barcelona Egyptian Museum is an ideal place to admire... More
Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona boasts a city central location, surrounded by Gaudi monuments and excellent shopping venues. Casa Batllo and Casa Comalat - overlooking Avinguda Diagonal are fine... More
Whether in the city for a business trip or a much-awaited break, Zenit Barcelona Hotel offers a suitable haven with its elegant accommodations set right in the heart of Barcelona. While in the... More