Casa Amatller hotels
Casa Amatller may be strange at first glance, but the modernist structure is one of the most important buildings located in the famous Illa de la Discòrdia area of Barcelona, Spain. The building was designed by Josep Puig i Cadafalch in the late 19th century to be a home for wealthy chocolatier Antoni Amatller. The unique, modernist building is now considered a work of art and great lengths have been taken to preserve the original façade of the building that is laden with decorative sculpture and stonework meant to imitate the gothic designs of the 17th century.
- Stroll the Illa de la Discòrdia block of Barcelona and you will be treated to a number of modernist buildings including the Casa Amatller, Casa Lleó-Morera, and Casa Batlló.
- Get a close look at the doors on the left side of the asymmetrical façade to see the St. George with the Dragon Statue that was made by sculptor Eusebi Arnau.
- Visit Barcelona in the winter when the trees around Casa Amatller are barren, making it much easier to get a good look at the unique design of the roof.
The Illa de la Discòrdia is an official tourist attraction in Barcelona, and the entire block is cut-off to traffic, making it perfect to explore on foot. The best way to get there is by public transportation, and the Passeig de Gràcia station of the metro is just a short walk away from Casa Amatller. There are also several bus routes that pass through the area from the main station in central Barcelona, so just check a route map for directions. The buildings on this street feature intricate designs that are best viewed up-close to appreciate the detail.
- Barcelona hotels (433 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (353 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Granada hotels (96 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (6 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
- Marbella hotels (32 hotels)
411 hotels near Casa Amatller
Travellers in a Barcelona trip find convenient base at the comfortable accommodations and central location of Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel. Visitors at this cosy hostel can first stop by the famous... More
Acevi Villarroel Hotel Barcelona provides excellent accommodation and business facilities. The hotel is surrounded by fine examples of Modernist architecture. Casa Batllo and La Pedrera are two of... More
Whether in the capital city of Catalonia for business or leisure, discerning travellers find an ideal base in the comfortable and well-located spaces of Dailyflats Apartments - Barcelona Center... More
Set in the heart of the tourist and shopping area, Rialto Hotel Barcelona is ideal for tourists who want to experience the spirit of Barcelona. Harlem Jazz Club is a popular nightclub that offers... More
MH Apartments Liceo Barcelona with its pleasing hospitality and spacious accommodation provides a well desired comfort and convenience, an ideal choice for spending a peaceful holiday. While in the... More
Overnight or extended-stay travellers seize by booking a stay at the centrally located self-contained accommodations of Castro Exclusive Residences Provenza Barcelona. Visitors can marvel at the... More
A luxury hotel listed as a landmark building, Casa Fuster Hotel Barcelona caters to guests' requirements by providing maximum attention to details. This hotel offers easy access to renowned... More
Explore the heritage-rich and vibrant Barcelona with convenience by staying at the hip and centrally set Generator Hostel Barcelona. Vacationers at this cosy hostel can easily head to top-rated... More
Sercotel Amister Art Hotel Barcelona provides well-appointed spaces with fitting services located within suitable access to points of interests in the bustling Barcelona City. Holidaymakers in the... More