Officially, the CaixaForum has only been open since 2002, but the building that houses this fine art gallery has been around for just over a century. The structure was built originally for use as the Casarramona textile factory in 1911, but while this gorgeous Art Nouveau era building won architectural awards, the business did not fare as well, and it closed seven years later. Eventually, because of its spacious, naturally lit interior it was converted to a museum and after a makeover by famed Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, the CaixaForum became one of Barcelona’s most important modern art galleries.
- Browse sublime artworks from famous masters such as Goya and DelaCroix and contemporary work by noteworthy 20th and 21st century artists from Barcelona, like photographer Pedro Madueño.
- Explore the multimedia art forms available at the CaixaForum Mediateca, which offers free access to over 3,000 photographic and audiovisual publications, a video library that spans four decades and numerous artistic genres, and hundreds of DVDs, books, and magazines about modern and historical cinema.
- Admire the classic Art Nouveau towers Catalan vaults of the CaixaForum building and Arata Isozaki's modernist sculpture that adorns the English courtyard.
CaixaForum is only four kilometres from the city centre and eleven kilometres from El Prat International Airport, which is reachable by the C31 motorway. Airport transportation modes include taxis, minibuses, the suburban rail, and rental cars. You can reach Barcelona by bus or train from major Spanish and French cities or by boat from Rome, Genoa and the Balearic islands. Public transport options around CaixaForum include the metro, public buses, taxis, and rental scooters and bikes.
Expo Hotel Barcelona, which is well connected and boasting spectacular views of the city of Barcelona, offers excellent service, luxury and comfort for the most enjoyable stay. This hotel enjoys... More
Value for money accommodation
Torre Catalunya Gran Hotel Barcelona presents a perfect combination of personalised services and quality lodging for an enjoyable stay in Barcelona. Art lovers can admire the works of great artists... More
Great Location and Value
With tasteful accommodations and elegant atmosphere, Hotel Medium City Barcelona makes for an ideal base for travellers on vacation or business trip in vibrant Barcelona. Tourists at this... More
Directly connected to the Barcelona International Airport, Barcelo Sants Hotel Barcelona is an ideal lodging choice for all travellers. CaixaForum, a cultural centre is located close to the hotel.... More
Awesome stay in Space
Fira Palace Hotel Barcelona offers spacious accommodations and friendly service and is an ideal stop over for guests who wish to explore the attractive city of Barcelona. The CaixaForum, one of... More
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 454 Map
Free WiFi & ERIC's CORNER Kit
The modern conveniences of a hotel and the warmth of home meet in the contemporary-style Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites. Whether for a short- or long-term stay, guests find... More
Located in a refurbished classic building where only the original facade remains, the Millenni Hotel Barcelona offers an ultra modern style with the latest in room design. This hotel has become a... More
Offering personalized service and comfortable accommodation, Hotel Azul Barcelona is an ideal place for a pleasant stay. GeneralBusiness travellers can make use of the conference facilities,... More
Whether in the vibrant city of Barcelona for a business trip or a pleasure visit, Onix Fira Hotel Barcelona provides travellers top-notch facilities in an ideal location. This modern city hotel... More
Good location but comfort needs to be improved
Avinguda del Paral.lel, 115 Map
Book Now & Save 7% - Non Refundable
With a unique atmosphere, staff's hospitality and the facilities, the hotel offers excellent services that make you to feel at home. General The 200 square metres of conference rooms offer the... More
Refine your search
- Barcelona Pavilion hotels
- Fran Daurel Foundation hotels
- Fundació Fran Daurel hotels
- Poble Espanyol hotels
- Piscines Bernat Picornell hotels
- Fira de Barcelona hotels
- Plaza de Espanya hotels
- Palau Nacional hotels
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya hotels
- Palau dels Esports de Barcelona hotels
- Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya hotels
- Teatre Lliure hotels