Officially, the CaixaForum has only been open since 2002, but the building that houses this fine art gallery has been around for just over a century. The structure was built originally for use as the Casarramona textile factory in 1911, but while this gorgeous Art Nouveau era building won architectural awards, the business did not fare as well, and it closed seven years later. Eventually, because of its spacious, naturally lit interior it was converted to a museum and after a makeover by famed Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, the CaixaForum became one of Barcelona’s most important modern art galleries.
- Browse sublime artworks from famous masters such as Goya and DelaCroix and contemporary work by noteworthy 20th and 21st century artists from Barcelona, like photographer Pedro Madueño.
- Explore the multimedia art forms available at the CaixaForum Mediateca, which offers free access to over 3,000 photographic and audiovisual publications, a video library that spans four decades and numerous artistic genres, and hundreds of DVDs, books, and magazines about modern and historical cinema.
- Admire the classic Art Nouveau towers Catalan vaults of the CaixaForum building and Arata Isozaki's modernist sculpture that adorns the English courtyard.
CaixaForum is only four kilometres from the city centre and eleven kilometres from El Prat International Airport, which is reachable by the C31 motorway. Airport transportation modes include taxis, minibuses, the suburban rail, and rental cars. You can reach Barcelona by bus or train from major Spanish and French cities or by boat from Rome, Genoa and the Balearic islands. Public transport options around CaixaForum include the metro, public buses, taxis, and rental scooters and bikes.
With stylish accommodations and contemporary facilities, Hotel Vilamari makes for a suitable base for travellers seeking to explore the heritage-rich Barcelona. From this Spain hotel, visitors... More
Great last minute find
Gran Via De Les Corts Catalanes 322-324 Map
WIFI & Minibar Water FREE!
Enjoying a privileged location in Plaza de Espana, Ayre Gran Via Hotel Barcelona features friendly service and warm hospitality for an enjoyable stay. The CaixaForum and MNAC, some of the major... More
With deluxe spaces conveniently situated within close distance to transport options and must-visit attractions, TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel - Adults Only creates a strategic base for travellers... More
Calabria, 129-131 Map
FREE WiFi & Welcome Drink!
Aparthotel Atenea Calabria Barcelona makes for a suitable lodging for travellers looking to enjoy a long-term stay in the quiet neighbourhood of Eixample. From this Barcelona aparthotel, tourists... More
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 454 Map
PLEASE READ: CHECK IN INFORMATION
The modern conveniences of a hotel and the warmth of home meet in the contemporary-style Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites. Whether for a short- or long-term stay, guests find... More
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya presents a perfect combination of personalised services and quality lodging for an enjoyable stay in Barcelona. Art lovers can admire the works of great artists such as... More
With tasteful accommodations and elegant atmosphere, Hotel Medium City Barcelona makes for an ideal base for travellers on vacation or business trip in vibrant Barcelona. Tourists at this... More
Clean modern and helpful staff
Ofelias Hotel Barcelona is a stylish haven in the heart of the city offering cosy accommodations and easy access to area destinations. Barcelona tourists should not miss seeing the Modernisme... More
Offering personalized service and comfortable accommodation, Hotel Azul Barcelona is an ideal place for a pleasant stay. GeneralBusiness travellers can make use of the conference facilities,... More
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, H10 Itaca Hotel Barcelona is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Barcelona. The CaixaForum, one of most dynamic and lively... More
Refine your search
- Barcelona Pavilion hotels
- Fran Daurel Foundation hotels
- Fundació Fran Daurel hotels
- Poble Espanyol hotels
- Piscines Bernat Picornell hotels
- Fira de Barcelona hotels
- Plaza de Espanya hotels
- Palau Nacional hotels
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya hotels
- Palau dels Esports de Barcelona hotels
- Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya hotels
- Teatre Lliure hotels