Officially, the CaixaForum has only been open since 2002, but the building that houses this fine art gallery has been around for just over a century. The structure was built originally for use as the Casarramona textile factory in 1911, but while this gorgeous Art Nouveau era building won architectural awards, the business did not fare as well, and it closed seven years later. Eventually, because of its spacious, naturally lit interior it was converted to a museum and after a makeover by famed Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, the CaixaForum became one of Barcelona’s most important modern art galleries.
- Browse sublime artworks from famous masters such as Goya and DelaCroix and contemporary work by noteworthy 20th and 21st century artists from Barcelona, like photographer Pedro Madueño.
- Explore the multimedia art forms available at the CaixaForum Mediateca, which offers free access to over 3,000 photographic and audiovisual publications, a video library that spans four decades and numerous artistic genres, and hundreds of DVDs, books, and magazines about modern and historical cinema.
- Admire the classic Art Nouveau towers Catalan vaults of the CaixaForum building and Arata Isozaki's modernist sculpture that adorns the English courtyard.
CaixaForum is only four kilometres from the city centre and eleven kilometres from El Prat International Airport, which is reachable by the C31 motorway. Airport transportation modes include taxis, minibuses, the suburban rail, and rental cars. You can reach Barcelona by bus or train from major Spanish and French cities or by boat from Rome, Genoa and the Balearic islands. Public transport options around CaixaForum include the metro, public buses, taxis, and rental scooters and bikes.
With deluxe spaces conveniently situated within close distance to transport options and must-visit attractions, TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel - Adults Only creates a strategic base for travellers... More
Calabria, 129-131 Map
FREE WiFi & Welcome Drink!
Aparthotel Atenea Calabria Barcelona makes for a suitable lodging for travellers looking to enjoy a long-term stay in the quiet neighbourhood of Eixample. From this Barcelona aparthotel, tourists... More
With tasteful accommodations and elegant atmosphere, Hotel Medium City Barcelona makes for an ideal base for travellers on vacation or business trip in vibrant Barcelona. Tourists at this... More
Clean modern and helpful staff
Whether in the vibrant city of Barcelona for a business trip or a pleasure visit, Onix Fira Hotel Barcelona provides travellers top-notch facilities in an ideal location. This modern city hotel... More
Average hotel, trying to look fancier than it is
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 454 Map
PLEASE READ: CHECK IN INFORMATION
The modern conveniences of a hotel and the warmth of home meet in the contemporary-style Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites. Whether for a short- or long-term stay, guests find... More
Directly connected to the Barcelona International Airport, Barcelo Sants is an ideal lodging choice for all travellers. CaixaForum, a cultural centre is located close to the hotel. Guests can visit... More
Calabria, 115-117 Map
Free Wifi & Break Hour Coffee
Combining the comfort of luxury accommodation in Barcelona city, Villa Emilia Hotel Barcelona is an ideal place for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. Travellers can visit the 7 Sins Lounge and... More
Whether in the capital city of Catalonia for business or leisure, discerning travellers find an ideal base in the comfortable and well-located spaces of Dailyflats Apartments - Barcelona Center... More
Taking care of everything right down to the last detail and ensuring that your stay, whether for business or pleasure, is as enjoyable as possible, is the aim of Viladomat Hotel. GeneralConference... More
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya presents a perfect combination of personalised services and quality lodging for an enjoyable stay in Barcelona. Art lovers can admire the works of great artists such as... More
Refine your search
- Barcelona Pavilion hotels
- Fran Daurel Foundation hotels
- Fundació Fran Daurel hotels
- Poble Espanyol hotels
- Piscines Bernat Picornell hotels
- Fira de Barcelona hotels
- Plaza de Espanya hotels
- Palau Nacional hotels
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya hotels
- Palau dels Esports de Barcelona hotels
- Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya hotels
- Teatre Lliure hotels