Officially, the CaixaForum has only been open since 2002, but the building that houses this fine art gallery has been around for just over a century. The structure was built originally for use as the Casarramona textile factory in 1911, but while this gorgeous Art Nouveau era building won architectural awards, the business did not fare as well, and it closed seven years later. Eventually, because of its spacious, naturally lit interior it was converted to a museum and after a makeover by famed Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, the CaixaForum became one of Barcelona’s most important modern art galleries.
- Browse sublime artworks from famous masters such as Goya and DelaCroix and contemporary work by noteworthy 20th and 21st century artists from Barcelona, like photographer Pedro Madueño.
- Explore the multimedia art forms available at the CaixaForum Mediateca, which offers free access to over 3,000 photographic and audiovisual publications, a video library that spans four decades and numerous artistic genres, and hundreds of DVDs, books, and magazines about modern and historical cinema.
- Admire the classic Art Nouveau towers Catalan vaults of the CaixaForum building and Arata Isozaki's modernist sculpture that adorns the English courtyard.
CaixaForum is only four kilometres from the city centre and eleven kilometres from El Prat International Airport, which is reachable by the C31 motorway. Airport transportation modes include taxis, minibuses, the suburban rail, and rental cars. You can reach Barcelona by bus or train from major Spanish and French cities or by boat from Rome, Genoa and the Balearic islands. Public transport options around CaixaForum include the metro, public buses, taxis, and rental scooters and bikes.
Torre Catalunya Gran Hotel Barcelona presents a perfect combination of personalised services and quality lodging for an enjoyable stay in Barcelona. Art lovers can admire the works of great artists... More
Great Location and Value
Expo Hotel Barcelona, which is well connected and boasting spectacular views of the city of Barcelona, offers excellent service, luxury and comfort for the most enjoyable stay. This hotel enjoys... More
Value for money accommodation
With tasteful accommodations and elegant atmosphere, Hotel Medium City Barcelona makes for an ideal base for travellers on vacation or business trip in vibrant Barcelona. Tourists at this... More
Fira Palace Hotel Barcelona offers spacious accommodations and friendly service and is an ideal stop over for guests who wish to explore the attractive city of Barcelona. The CaixaForum, one of... More
Directly connected to the Barcelona International Airport, Barcelo Sants Hotel Barcelona is an ideal lodging choice for all travellers. CaixaForum, a cultural centre is located close to the hotel.... More
Awesome stay in Space
Hotel Soho is a stylish urban retreat set amidst heritage-rich spots and go-to points of interest in this picturesque Catalonia capital. Tourists at this plush Barcelona hotel should not miss... More
Located in a refurbished classic building where only the original facade remains, the Millenni Hotel Barcelona offers an ultra modern style with the latest in room design. This hotel has become a... More
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 389-391 Map
Free WiFi & Access to pool and terrace
Different and cosmopolitan, setting new standards of excellence, B Hotel Barcelona offers a personal alternative for any traveller looking for a place to enjoy themselves, relax or work in an... More
Ofelias Hotel Barcelona is a stylish haven in the heart of the city offering cosy accommodations and easy access to area destinations. Barcelona tourists should not miss seeing the Modernisme... More
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, H10 Itaca Hotel Barcelona is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Barcelona. The CaixaForum, one of most dynamic and lively... More
Very pleasant hotel
Refine your search
- Barcelona Pavilion hotels
- Fran Daurel Foundation hotels
- Fundació Fran Daurel hotels
- Poble Espanyol hotels
- Piscines Bernat Picornell hotels
- Fira de Barcelona hotels
- Plaza de Espanya hotels
- Palau Nacional hotels
- Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya hotels
- Palau dels Esports de Barcelona hotels
- Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya hotels
- Teatre Lliure hotels