Barcelona Cathedral hotels
Cathedral Santa Eulalia
The Cathedral Santa Eulalia is a spectacular Gothic cathedral that was built in Barcelona, Spain between the 13th and 15th centuries. The Cathedral Santa Eulalia is situated in the Gothic District of Barcelona in the eastern portion of the city centre. Even though construction on the cathedral was started in the 13th century, it was not totally completed until the 20th century. The cathedral is one of the most well-preserved Gothic structures in all of Spain and looks like something from a fairytale, with gargoyles guarding the interior with its many crypts and chapels.
- Visit the secluded Gothic-style cloister of the Cathedral Santa Eulalia in Barcelona to see the 13 real-life white geese kept there to memorialize Saint Eulalia, who was martyred when she was 13-years-old.
- Watch the famous “Dancing Egg” ceremony at this Barcelona cathedral, an ancient tradition that is part of the feast of Corpus Christi that is held on the Thursday before Good Friday each year.
- Tour the interior of the cathedral to see the exquisite architecture and the tomb of Saint Raymond of Penyafort, which has an interesting effigy that appears to be holding a key.
Barcelona has a dense network of public transport that makes it easy to get to the Cathedral Santa Eulalia. The Via Laietana-Pl Ramon Berenguer bus station is only about 100 metres from the Cathedral Santa Eulalia and is a stop on several bus routes, including 17, 40, and 45. Visitors to Cathedral Santa Eulalia can also take Line 4 of the Barcelona metro and get off at the Jaume I station, which is just a short walk away to the church. Close to the cathedral is Avinguda de la Catedral, which has loads of restaurants.
Cities in Spain
- Barcelona hotels (433 hotels)
- Madrid hotels (358 hotels)
- Valencia hotels (88 hotels)
- Granada hotels (95 hotels)
- Seville hotels (105 hotels)
- Malaga hotels (39 hotels)
- Torremolinos hotels (9 hotels)
- Pais Vasco hotels (8 hotels)
- L'Hospitalet de Llobregat hotels (7 hotels)
- Caleta de Fuste hotels (1 hotel)
410 hotels near Barcelona Cathedral
Offering warm welcome and high standards of accommodation, this property is an ideal place for a comfortable stay. GeneralGuests can avail the services of fax, photocopy as well as internet. At... More
Nouvel Hotel is a modernist building, which is considered as one of the oldest hotels in Barcelona. Restored and well maintained, guests can experience world-class hospitality from the staff. ... More
Barcelona Universal Hotel offers quality lodging in La Rambla, a frequented place by tourists for entertainment and shopping. Lyceum Theater, an opera house, is one of the historic landmarks of the... More
To experience the classical Catalonian hospitality in a superb location, Avenida Palace Hotel Barcelona provides the perfect setting for an enjoyable holiday experience. The Casa Batllo and La... More
Pulitzer Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities to make your stay in Barcelona a pleasant one. General The hotel boasts a meeting room, business centre office, library... More
Offering excellent facilities and services, this property is an ideal place for a pleasant as well as a relaxing stay. GeneralThe property offers well-equipped conference rooms for organising your... More
Confortel Almirante Hotel Barcelona enjoys a fine location close to Harlem Jazz Club, Barcelona's famous nightclub. It also offers comfortable accommodation and quality services to cater an... More
Borne Down Town Studios are located in a marvelous privileged position, close to one of Barcelonas most famous church, Santa Maria Del Mar, and to the remarkable Passeig Del Borne. Las Ramblas, the... More
Featuring contemporary accommodations housed in a late 19th century palace, Hotel Gran Via makes for an ideal base for visitors looking to explore the vibrant city of Barcelona. Travellers can... More