The Oyster Box Hotel Umhlanga Rocks features Oyster Box Spa, which has a pool, fitness centre, treatment rooms, health bar and Hammam. At the hotel, patrons can swim in the infinity pool or have drinks at the Chukka Bar, Lighthouse Bar and Oyster Bar.
The Oyster Box Hotel is situated on Umhlanga Rocks, near Umhlanga Lighthouse and in the northern outskirts of Durban. For leisure, vacationers hike through the Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Reserve or find shopping and entertainment opportunities at Gateway Theatre of Shopping.
Diners at The Oyster Box Hotel feast on the variety of sumptuous local and international cuisine at the elegant setting of The Grill Room, The Ocean Terrace and The Palm Court Restaurant.
All 86 deluxe rooms, suites and villas echo colonial charm and feature air conditioning, satellite flat-screen TV, DVD player, Wi-Fi access, safe deposit box and mini bar. Some units have terrace or private plunge pool.
The Oyster Box Rooms
- LUXURY - HOTEL
- Luxury Sea Facing Rooms, each with a balcony that opens onto views of Umhlangas iconic lighthouse and breathtaking coastline. All rooms include a bathroom with double vanities and a spacious separate shower
- DELUXE - SUITE
- Enjoying magnificent views of the Indian Ocean, individually decorated Sea Facing Suites offer the space and comfort of a luxurious bedroom with a stylishly decorated separate lounge area.
- STANDARD - HOTEL
- Our elegant Classic Rooms all overlook the hotel's lush and tranquil gardens for a peaceful view into what can only be described as the hotels private oasis
- Free parking
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Fitness centre or spa
- Room service
- Business centre
- Conference facilities
- Free parking
- Handicapped rooms/facilities
Hotels recommended for you
Customers who viewed The Oyster Box also booked these hotels.
- Area served
- Located North of Durban in the suburb of Umhlanga Rocks
- Nearby airports
- King Shaka International Airport is located 18 kilometres from The Oyster Box. Virginia Airport is located within a 10 minute drive from the airport.
- Area description
- Whether you choose to stay in or venture further afield, the hotel is conveniently situated for easy access to the Umhlanga Village; the Durban city centre (a 15-minute drive); excellent shopping centres and casino/ entertainment complexes and numerous renowned golf courses and sports facilities, including the spectacular Moses Mabhida Stadium. Visit one of the many local attractions such as uShaka Marine World, the Midlands & historical Battlefields, the Drakensberg mountains or one of the provinces game reserves or protected areas.
- The Grill Room
- When it comes to legends of the Oyster Box, one of its finest is the celebrated Grill Room with the adjoining Colony Restaurant. A true fine dining restaurant serving the finest local cuisine, the Grill Room boasts a wide selection of freshly caught seafood and its exceptional wine cellar offers a wide choice of the best local and international wines.
- The Ocean Terrace
- The beautiful Ocean Terrace overlooking the rolling Indian Ocean is perfect for family and more casual dining. With authentic Tandoori and pizza ovens to prepare some of your favourite dishes with exceptional taste and aroma, this enchanting restaurant offers mouthwatering Indian cuisine, as well as an a la carte menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Ocean Terrace is also the perfect backdrop for a relaxed drink, elegantly enhanced by a nearby rim flow pool.
- The Palm Court Restaurant
- Artistically inspired by the Oyster Box hotels original colonial architecture, The Palm Court Restaurant is exquisitely set in a spacious, airy open courtyard soaked in warm sunlight with lush palms reaching up to the skies to touch breathtaking chandeliers above. This charming venue, a favourite meeting spots of guests, is perfect for casual dining, sumptuous traditional afternoon teas and simply catching up with friends over cocktails.
- Meeting Info
- With four magnificent function rooms, each with its own distinctive decorative style, the hotel has the ability to cater for your individual preferences and requirements. The Pearl Room with its mirrored walls and exquisite hand-blown crystal Venetian chandeliers offers an air of luxury and opulence, and when combined with the adjoining Shell Room, can accommodate up to 160 seated guests in the utmost splendour and comfort. The Durban July and Union Castle rooms are perfect for smaller and more intimate gatherings. For smaller, more intimate celebrations the Oyster Box is happy to create private High Tea, Cocktail reception and private dining experiences in the hotels exceptional dining environments including The Grill Room and the wine cellars Chefs Table.
Terms and conditions
Extra charges may apply for children. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the quoted rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.