Thunder City hotels
For the daredevil who has had fantasies of flying at supersonic or even subsonic speeds, Thunder City is the place to visit. Based at the Cape Town International Airport Thunder City has been famous the world over for having the world’s leading collection of former military jet airplanes, by a civilian entity. The airplanes have been employed for airshow routines and are also offered for hire to the public for the pleasure of taking joyrides in them. For a fee the public can fly on a Blackburn Buccaneer or Hawk Hunter or reach beyond 50,000 feet for an exhilarating experience.
- Thunder City offers the thrilling opportunity to break the sound barrier in a supersonic jet as it zips up to 50,000 feet from where you can catch a breathtaking glimpse of the earth’s curvature.
- Try Aerobatics Jet Sorties in an ex-combat jet to experience the thrill of rolls, barrel rolls, loops, inverted flight and other hair-raising mid-air exercises over Cape Town.
- Take a Low Flight over the Sea from Cape Town International Airport and glide in the air, barely 50 feet above the water and at a speed of 650 miles per hour.
Thunder City is based at Cape Town International Airport and can be reached using public transportation. A shuttle service of MyCiTi bus rapid transit system operates every 20 minutes between the airport and the Civic Centre bus station. You can also use metered taxis and private shuttle companies to get to Thunder City. If traveling by car, the 20-kilometre distance from the city center can be traversed via the N2 freeway, which is linked to the airport by the Airport Approach Road.
Settled beside a palm-lined canal, African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa Cape Town boasts views of the Table Mountain. This property offers convenient facilities to ensure guests have a relaxing... More
Cnr Century Boulevard & Century Way Map
Free parking, Wifi and Breakfast
The Colosseum Luxury Hotel Cape Town offers a variety of world-class services and facilities, ideal for both the leisure and business travellers. GeneralThe Colosseum Luxury Hotel Cape Town also... More
Protea Hotel Tyger Valley Cape Town is only 5 kilometres away from N1 City Shopping Complex and Sanlam Centre. The hotel offers quality accommodation and excellent friendly service for travellers... More
Great family experience
Featuring quality accommodation and favourable location, Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Cape Town is designed to satisfy both the business and leisure travellers. Activities such as kite-surfing,... More
Great time with family
Offering well-appointed spaces with direct access to the beach, Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa makes for an ideal holiday retreat for vacationers visiting Cape Town. Aside from frolicking along the... More
Aptly named Hotel Verde verde meaning green in Italian the 145-room, contemporary hotel will fall into the three-star category, although the room sizes, services and fittings will be similar to a... More
This historical Cape Dutch Manor house is centrally located adjacent to the N2 highway and only 15 minutes from Cape Town International Airport. Connecting business travelers to a vast commercial... More
Leisure Bay Luxury Suites Cape Town offers comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities. Famous landmarks of the city include Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Two Oceans Aquarium, Castle of... More
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel is a lavish hotel teeming with top-notch facilities and personalised services ideal for discerning vacationers and business travellers in the provincial capital of Western... More
Perfect stay for a family
Refine your search
- Athlone Stadium hotels
- University of the Western Cape hotels
- Bellville Velodrome hotels
- Newlands Rugby Stadium hotels
- Newlands Cricket Ground hotels
- University of Cape Town hotels
- Table Bay hotels
- Artscape Theatre Center hotels
- Cape Town railway station hotels
- Railway Service hotels
- Castle of Good Hope hotels
- District Six Museum hotels