Southern Suburbs hotels
The southern suburbs in Cape Town share a common divider with the northern suburbs. This imaginary divider is known as the boerewors curtain. This particular area consists of a group of suburbs—approximately ten in total. The Southern Suburbs are located southeast of the Table Mountain one of the principle landmarks in the city. Although this area is mostly residential, the places of attraction such as the Kirstenbosh garden and the Baxter Theatre are certainly worth visiting. This vast suburban area is one of the more affluent areas, and features accommodations left from the British occupation.
- Whilst in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, attend the Maynardville open-air theatre and catch performances of Shakespeare.
- If you are a lover of rugby, the South African Rugby Museum it the place for you, as it is filled with rugby activities and exhibitions of famous South African teams.
- See the Atlantic Seaboard in Cape Town stretching from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront—the country’s very own Riviera.
Transportation in Cape Town includes buses, car service, and commuter trains. The easiest and inexpensive way to travel is by the minibus taxi. If you choose to take the train, the Metro Rail Service is the train that runs locally. Another way to travel within the Southern Suburbs is by the MyCiTi bus route. Some feeder routes include the F14, F15, and the F16. Get a schedule, as the routes will vary. As you ride the bus, the extraordinary view will allow you to identify the Table Mountain whilst you travel throughout the Southern Suburbs. The Cape Town International Airport is on the other side of the city, so a tram might be a good idea to Main Road. Otherwise, a rental car will be needed.
With comfortable and contemporary accommodations nestled in a garden suburb, Southern Sun Newlands Hotel makes for a convenient base for travellers in a business or leisure trip in Cape Town.... More
10 Hemlock Street Map
Save 10% On Your Stay
Park Inn by Radisson Newlands marks a new era for the Park Inn by Radisson brand in Sub-Saharan Africa. At this first next generation of Park Inn by Radisson Hotels in Sub-Saharan Africa, guests... More
Alphen Boutique Hotel Cape Town has exquisite colonial architecture. The interiors are tastefully decorated to aptly highlight the prominent features of the hotel. The hotel enjoys a spectacular... More
31 Brickfield Road, Woodstock Map
Signature chocolate chip cookie at check-in
With cosy accommodations situated in the trendy suburb of Upper East Side, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Town - Upper Eastside makes for a chic base in the Western Cape capital. Guests at this... More
Great Hotel in bizarre location
Vineyard Hotel offers guests comfortable, convenient accommodations in one of the world's most interesting cities. Guests can enjoy several rounds of golf during their vacation at many nearby... More
Highlands Country House Hotel Cape Town is a beautiful colonial mansion that offers luxury accommodations to discriminating travellers visiting the Cape Peninsula. This Cape Town boutique hotel is... More
Refine your search
- Athlone Stadium hotels
- Newlands Rugby Stadium hotels
- Newlands Cricket Ground hotels
- University of Cape Town hotels
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden hotels
- Thunder City hotels
- Railway Service hotels
- Castle of Good Hope hotels
- District Six Museum hotels
- Artscape Theatre Center hotels
- Cape Town railway station hotels
- City Hall and Grand Parade hotels