Castle of Good Hope hotels
Castle of Good Hope
The Castle of Good Hope is a 17th century fortification that is situated in Cape Town, South Africa. The Castle of Good Hope is known as a star fort, which means it was built in the shape of star, a design that became popular in the age of gunpowder and was strategically more sound than a traditional design. The Castle of Good Hope was constructed by the Dutch East India Company in 1679 and remains the oldest colonial structure in all of South Africa. Now the castle is a major tourist attraction in Cape Town.
- Take a guided tour of the Castle of Good Hope, and an expert guide can explain the historic significance of the structures and the cultural importance of the castle to Cape Town.
- See the Castle of Good Hope as people would have in the past on a horse and carriage ride around the grounds, which is a peaceful way to take in the amazing scenery.
- See exhibits that tell the tale of Cape Town military history, and see an amazing collection of swords at the Castle Military Museum, a collection of military artefacts from South Africa.
Cape Town is easy to get around using public transportation or private car, so you should have no problem getting to the Castle of Good Hope. One of the best ways to see the sights in Cape Town is to buy a one or two day pass for the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus that goes past most of the main attractions. You can also take the train and get off at the Cape Town station that is just a short taxi ride or walk away from the Castle of Good Hope.
101 Buitengracht Street Map
Stay 5 Nights, get 15% off
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, this property is the perfect base for you to reside whether you are in Cape Town for business or pleasure. GeneralFor your business needs,... More
Best hotel Stay.
Whether for business of pleasure, De Waterkant Village Cape Town provides quality accommodation and services for travellers in South Africa. Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Camps Bay, Twelve... More
exceptionally friendly staff
Adderley Hotel Cape Town with its convenient facilities, quality accommodation and fine service caters all type of travelers an enjoyable holiday at Cape Town. This property is just a short stroll... More
Offering centrally located luxury accommodations housed in a state-of-the-art architecture, African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel Cape Town makes for the ideal starting point for sophisticated... More
Business and leisure travellers looking for upscale and elegant accommodations set in the heart of Cape Town find suitable base at Pepper Club Luxury Hotel & Spa Cape Town. During spare time,... More
The Protea Hotel North Wharf offers upscale accommodations in the heart of the Cape Town's city centre. Guests are close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre, the Two Oceans Aquarium... More
Fantastic 1st Stay at Protea North Wharf
Providing quality accommodation and friendly service for travellers in Cape Town, the Townhouse Hotel & Conference Centre Cape Town is only 5 minutes drive from the popular V & A waterfront. This... More
Offering outstanding service and the most exquisite accommodations, the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town is an ideal base to stay while at Cape Town. GeneralDuring leisure you can enjoy... More
Grand Daddy Hotel Cape Town provides quality accommodation and friendly service for both business and leisure travellers. Local attractions of the city include Gold of Africa Museum, St. George's... More
Refine your search
- District Six Museum hotels
- Railway Service hotels
- Artscape Theatre Center hotels
- Cape Town railway station hotels
- City Hall and Grand Parade hotels
- Long Street hotels
- Gold of Africa Museum hotels
- Two Oceans Aquarium hotels
- Green Point Stadium hotels
- Table Mountain hotels
- University of Cape Town hotels
- Camps Bay hotels