Atlantic Seaboard hotels
The Atlantic Seaboard is known as South Africa’s ‘Riviera’ for good reason. Extending from the Victoria & Albert Waterfront in Cape Town down to Hout Bay, this scenic stretch of coastline is nestled between the shimmering Atlantic Ocean and dramatic mountain peaks. The San people were the first inhabitants of the Atlantic Seaboard region, and they lived off the abundance of the sea and in caves. In 1783, the first settlement was established in Bantry Bay. Today, the Atlantic Seaboard is lined with fashionable, upmarket suburbs and pristine beaches, all offering stylish shops, trendy cafes, and fine restaurants.
- Take the aerial cableway to the top of Table Mountain, arguably the most famous tourist attraction in the Atlantic Seaboard, for spectacular, breathtaking views of Cape Town and the coast.
- See exotic and rare South African plant species and gorgeous blooming flowers at the 528-hectare Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, considered one of the world’s best botanical gardens.
- Spend a day relaxing and tanning on the white-sand beaches in the suburb of Clifton, which are more protected from wind than most other Cape Town beaches and has a fantastic sundowner scene with loads of dining spots and bars.
Regular busses run along the Atlantic Seaboard from Cape Town’s city centre down to Hout Bay, with stops at major destinations, including Clifton. Travellers can also take metered taxis and fixed-price minibus taxis to get to their Atlantic Seaboard destinations. However, hiring a car is the best bet for exploring the region and the coastal Victoria Road makes for a scenic drive. The Metrorail does not pass through the Atlantic Seaboard, but it goes down to the southern tip of the cape to Simon’s Town.
What travelers to Atlantic Seaboard are saying
Situated in the cosmopolitan area of Sea Point, The Hyde Luxury All Suite Hotel comprises of 36 swanky Luxury Suites and is Cape Town's new hot spot for production crews, conferencing clients, and... More
Set amongst a wooded area, The Glen Apartments Camps Bay provides luxurious serviced apartments for travellers. This property has views of the ocean, Twelve Apostles mountain range and Lion's Head.... More
Centrally located, Sunflower Stop makes for an ideal starting point for budget holidaymakers travelling through the lively city of Cape Town. While in the area, tourists should not miss a visit to... More
Very nice and helpful
The Bantry Bay Luxury Suites Cape Town is a 5 star hotel in Cape Town. This hotel offers luxurious accommodation and services for travellers. This property has a number of facilities and services... More
The Protea Hotel Sea Point Cape Town offers stylish accommodations perfect for business travel or a beach holiday. The hotel is close to the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Table Mountain Cableway, Camps... More
With Signal Hill in the background, The Amalfi Hotel has 43 modern, Studio rooms within walking distance from the beach, shops, restaurants and public transport. The units are decorated in warm... More
20 London Road, Sea Point Map
Save 10% On Your Stay
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel Cape Town is a timelessly elegant boutique hotel, blending luxury refinement and comfort with traditional hospitality. Impeccable attention to detail, coupled with... More
Sweet Ocean View is a gorgeous Cape Town Mansion of its kind that offers outstanding accommodation facility with state of the art interior design and all the necessary amenities for a comfortable... More
The ten spacious, well appointed and tastefully furnished suites make up the private accommodation of Tarragona Lodge. All have either a balcony overlooking, or patio opening onto, the lovely... More
Refine your search
- Green Point Stadium hotels
- Camps Bay hotels
- Long Street hotels
- Gold of Africa Museum hotels
- City Hall and Grand Parade hotels
- Two Oceans Aquarium hotels
- District Six Museum hotels
- Castle of Good Hope hotels
- Railway Service hotels
- Artscape Theatre Center hotels
- Cape Town railway station hotels
- Table Mountain hotels