Sandvika is a beautiful area with many beaches and paths for nature walks, making it a perfect place for forgetting the worries of the world. It is situated 15 kilometres away from Oslo. Claude Monet, one of the world's best landscape painters of all times was so impressed that he spent much time there to paint scores of landscapes. The most famous of all his paintings, "Sandviken Village in Snow" shows the city's Løkke Bridge against a backdrop of the Kolsas mountain ridge. Nothing can beat standing on the very bridge that is shown in various Monet paintings.
- Visit Sandvika Storsenter to find out what the biggest shopping centre in all of Scandinavia looks like — select from IKEA's home furnishings or anything else you could want from 190 stores.
- Walk for 10 minutes from Sandvika's city centre to reach Kalvøya Island, a place for outdoor enthusiasts, who wish to go boating, canoeing, fishing, or simply taking a relaxing nature walk, in Oslo.
- Go to Henie Onstad Kunstsenter for a chance to view the biggest collection of modern art not just in Oslo but also in all of Norway.
If you are planning to leave from Gardermoen or Oslo Airport, then just take Flytoget, the airport's express train. The journey from the airport to Sandvika is usually around 40 minutes or so. If you happen to be somewhere in the city centre of the country's capital, then, take bus number 121, which heads to Sandvika. Another bus, which passes through this city, is bus number 151, which heads to Rykkinn. Just get off at the city's train station. From there, you can walk up to Henie Onstad Kunstsenter or anywhere else.
Thon Hotel Oslofjord Oslo provides comfortable accommodation to cater for the needs of holidaymakers. This property is the immediate neighbour to Sandvika Storsenter, Scandinavia's largest shopping... More
Hotel Scandic Fornebu offers travellers tastefully furnished units and 180-degree view of Oslofjord in the Norway suburban peninsula. This ideal location in Fornebu allows guests easy access to... More
Thon Hotel Vettre offers quality accommodation, amidst pleasant surroundings. The serene atmosphere of the hotel creates the ideal setting for a vacation in Asker. Featuring exclusive conference... More
Quality Hotel Expo Oslo offers a serene retreat tucked overlooking the sea ideal for business and leisure travellers in this part of Norway. Tourists on a holiday in Oslo should not miss learning... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Scandic Asker Hotel Oslo welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThis property offers 13 well-equipped meeting rooms that can... More
Refine your search
- Sandvika hotels
- Fornebu hotels
- CC Vest hotels
- Njårdhallen hotels
- Kon-Tiki Museum hotels
- Fram Museum hotels
- Vigeland Park hotels
- Nasjonalbiblioteket hotels
- Majorstuen and Frogner hotels
- Holmenkollen hotels
- Colosseum kino hotels
- Frognerbadet hotels