Sandvika is a beautiful area with many beaches and paths for nature walks, making it a perfect place for forgetting the worries of the world. It is situated 15 kilometres away from Oslo. Claude Monet, one of the world's best landscape painters of all times was so impressed that he spent much time there to paint scores of landscapes. The most famous of all his paintings, "Sandviken Village in Snow" shows the city's Løkke Bridge against a backdrop of the Kolsas mountain ridge. Nothing can beat standing on the very bridge that is shown in various Monet paintings.
- Visit Sandvika Storsenter to find out what the biggest shopping centre in all of Scandinavia looks like — select from IKEA's home furnishings or anything else you could want from 190 stores.
- Walk for 10 minutes from Sandvika's city centre to reach Kalvøya Island, a place for outdoor enthusiasts, who wish to go boating, canoeing, fishing, or simply taking a relaxing nature walk, in Oslo.
- Go to Henie Onstad Kunstsenter for a chance to view the biggest collection of modern art not just in Oslo but also in all of Norway.
If you are planning to leave from Gardermoen or Oslo Airport, then just take Flytoget, the airport's express train. The journey from the airport to Sandvika is usually around 40 minutes or so. If you happen to be somewhere in the city centre of the country's capital, then, take bus number 121, which heads to Sandvika. Another bus, which passes through this city, is bus number 151, which heads to Rykkinn. Just get off at the city's train station. From there, you can walk up to Henie Onstad Kunstsenter or anywhere else.
Refine your search
- Sandvika hotels
- Fornebu hotels
- CC Vest hotels
- Njårdhallen hotels
- Kon-Tiki Museum hotels
- Fram Museum hotels
- Vigeland Park hotels
- Nasjonalbiblioteket hotels
- Majorstuen and Frogner hotels
- Holmenkollen hotels
- Colosseum kino hotels
- Frognerbadet hotels