Monte Carlo hotels
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Monte Carlo is a business and recreational district in Monaco, a city-state that lies between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea. Bound by the French Riviera on the west and the Italian Riviera on the east, this area is a stunning place to vacation. From shopping at the Condamine Market to attending the Monte Carlo Rally, this locale is undeniably opulent and over the top.
Monte Carlo History
- Palais Princier – This palace offers breathtaking panoramic views over Monte Carlo.
- Monaco Cathedral – Built in 1875, this romanesque-byzantine church is dedicated to Saint Nicolas.
- La Condamine – Stop here to marvel at the luxurious yachts adorning the marina.
- Napoleon Museum – A museum containing artefacts belonging to Napoleon I.
- Prince’s Car Collection – The ideal destination for car enthusiasts where old carriages and cars and brand-new Formula One racing cars can be found.
Monte Carlo Art & Culture
- Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium – A world-renowned Monte Carlo attraction. This museum is home to fascinating collections of marine fauna and specimens of sea creatures.
- Monaco Opera House – Built by architect Charles Garnier, the opera house is as flamboyant as it is beautiful.
- Marlborough Fine Arts Gallery – This gallery hosts a fine collection of post-World War II artwork, including paintings by Pablo Picasso, David Hockney and Henri Matisse.
- Grand Casino – Enjoy a wide range of entertainment at this casino.
- Monaco International Salsa Festival – This yearly festival gathers together some of the greatest salsa dancers.
Monte Carlo Shopping
- Fred Boutique – Located on an exclusive avenue, this boutique is the official jeweller of Monaco's royal family.
- Boutique du Rocher – Popular with travellers wishing to purchase souvenirs to take home.
- Golden Circle – Where all the most fashionable clothes shops are found. Hermes, Gucci, Christian Dior and Prada can be uncovered here.
- Condamine Market – A lively market located in the Place d'Armes and a great place to bargain for souvenirs.
- Galerie Moghadam – An award-winning shop selling handwoven tapestries.
Gay & Lesbian Monte Carlo
- Le Box – An ultra-hip, cosmopolitan party venue perfect for those who wish to dance until dawn.
- Le Karement – A huge, vibrant club featuring multilevel spaces and great music.
- Chip and Castle – A lively bar which offers tourists and locals an eclectic, memorable night out.
- Black Diamond – A classy bar with a relaxing ambiance.
- Le Point Rouge – An elegant bar, perfect for relaxing with newfound friends.
Monte Carlo Outdoor
- Monaco-Ville – An astonishingly picturesque medieval village comprising countless pedestrian streets and passageways.
- Jardin Exotique (Exotic Gardens) – One of Monte Carlo’s many gardens and home to thousands of rare plants from across the globe.
- Aquavision – Discover Monte Carlo from the sea by taking a fascinating boat tour in a catamaran-style boat with two windows for underwater vision.
- Azur Express – Take this fun tourist train to visit Monte Carlo and its palaces.
- Casino Square Gardens – Take a stroll around these magnificent Monte Carlo gardens.
Monte Carlo Sport
- Catch Monaco’s spectacular annual Formula One Grand Prix race through the narrow and twisted streets of the Circuit de Monaco.
- Watch world championship boxing while on holiday in the city.
- Enjoy the Monte Carlo Masters tennis tournament at Roquebrune-Cap-Martin.
- Check out the Monte Carlo Intercontinental Rally Challenge.
- Be in awe of the skills of the participants of the World Backgammon Championship.
Monte Carlo Attractions
- Monte Carlo Casino
- Napoleon Museum
- Prince's Palace
Monte Carlo Activities
- See the Formula 1 Grand Prix
- Take the Aquavision boat tour
- Have fun at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club
Monte Carlo Climate
In Monte Carlo, the weather is rarely bad, and how could it be with almost 3,000 hours of sunlight per year? Rainfall averages about 43 inches (1,100 mm) a year, and snow is extremely rare. In the summer, temperatures frequently reach 86°F (30°C), and during the winter, days are a breezy, warm 50°F (10°C).
Getting There & Around
The nearest airport is the Nice Cote-d'Azur International Airport, which is about 25 miles (40 km) from the city's centre in nearby France. There are regular Rapide Cote D’Azur buses that connect to and from Monte Carlo, as well as taxis.
Once in the city, walking, buses and hired cars are a great way to get around. When walking about, visitors will find escalators that help to climb steep hills, making a trek in the city easy and fast.
30 hotels in Monte Carlo
Fairmont Hotel Monte Carlo is a unique convention resort, close to Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium, Theatre Princesse Grace and Slammers. It is also 45 minutes drive from the Nice International... More
Set on the foot of the Rock of Monaco, Ambassador Hotel Monaco makes for an ideal base for exploring the old city. The hotel places travellers within close proximity to the famous Casino de Monte... More
Ideally located in the heart of the Principality, the Novotel Hotel Monte Carlo with its excellent accommodation offers utmost comfort, warm hospitality and friendly atmosphere to make your stay a... More
With modern accommodations in the harbour of Cap D'ail, Residence Quai des Princes makes for an ideal base for short- and long- term travellers in this side of France. Patrons jumpstart the stay in... More
With comfortable accommodations and strategic location, Hotel Forum Menton makes for a suitable base for travellers in this part of the French Riviera. This value-for-money Menton hotel is near the... More
Perched upon a rocky outcropping overlooking the blue-green waters of the Mediterranean, the Monte Carlo is the most remarkable jewel in a jewel-bedecked Riviera, the Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel... More
Port Palace Monte Carlo welcomes business and leisure travellers with tasteful, elegant accommodations in this part of the French Riviera. This boutique hotel is set in the heart of Monaco, an... More
Adagio Monaco Palais Josephine Aparthotel offers a perfect combination of privacy and convenience. Situated right on the border of the Principality of Monaco, this property is an ideal choice for a... More
Adagio Monaco Monte Cristo Hotel makes for an ideal starting point for travellers exploring the French Riviera with its self-catering accommodations set in a central location. While on a Monaco... More