Manzanillo is a popular seaside resort offering one-of-a-kind activities from adventurous sport fishing on the Pacific to exploring the ruined La Campana pyramids. Most visitors spend some time at the numerous gorgeous beaches,Barra de Navidad and Playa Miramar being two of the most popular. After an early day under the Mexican sun, a late afternoon round of golf at Isla Navidad's breathtaking course or a romp through the jungle with a tour company may hit the spot.
- Santiago Peninsula
- Juega, Juega Casino
- Nevado de Colima of Manzanillo
- Explore the towering Volcan de Colima
- Tour the jungle on horseback
- Take a scuba diving course in Manzanillo Bay
- Playa la Audiencia – Cortes and Sandoval organised brigantines for exploring the Pacific in Manzanillo.
- La Campana – Located at the north edge of Colima, this is a 25,000-acre complex filled with stone pyramids.
- Palacio de Gobierno – Built from 1884 to 1904, the stairway murals inside were painted by Jorge Chavez Carrillo and it contains a collection of pottery from 1500 BC.
- Cathedral – Built by the Spanish in 1527, it has been rebuilt a few times and remains the centre of the community.
- Museo Regional de Historia de Colima – Contains a collection of artefacts from various times in Colima’s history, such as a 19th-century carriage.
Manzanillo Art & Culture
- Juega Juega – A casino popular with tourists and locals.
- Pinacoteca Universitaria Alfonso Michel – A museum that contains a nice collection of surrealist art and located in Colima.
- Museo Universitario de Artes Populares – A museum in Manzanillo containing a large amount of folded art, including giant puppets, masks, baskets and musical instruments.
- Parque Piedra Lisa – A sliding stone in which legend says those who sit on it will return to Colima to get married or die.
- Admire Mexico Tours – Locals show you around the city. Visit volcanoes, go horseback riding and get cultural and historical about Colima.
- Zocalo – The main square of the town, it contains quite a few shops that sell souvenirs and other items.
- Neptune Diving and Sports Centre – Buy diving and other water sport gear in Manzanillo and organize diving and snorkelling trips.
- San Pedrito Beach – There are numerous small shops here.
- Playa Audiencia – There is a small stall located at the entrance that offers hair braiding and sells a variety of items.
- Plaza Manzanillo – The largest mall with a number of retail stores selling a variety of modern items.
Manzanillo Gay & Lesbian
- La Catrina – A gay bar with interesting drinks and friendly locals.
- Crazy Yag – A gay bar and nightclub in Manzanillo.
- Sunset Lounge – A gay-friendly nightclub with great music for dancing.
- Villa Las Cumbres Boutique B&B – A gay-friendly bed and breakfast located on the oceanfront.
- Barceló Karmina Palace Deluxe – A gay-friendly luxury hotel with a tropical garden, swimming pools and a waterfall.
- Playa Beach – Sit out in the sun or participate in beach sports.
- Manzanillo Bay – Take a walk along the beautiful shore or read a book in a nearby bungalow.
- Iguanario Archundia – A sort of sanctuary for iguanas. See hundreds of them in different colours in Manzanillo.
- Nevado de Colima – An active volcano topped with snow, it is an interesting place to mill around.
- Tropical Tour to Barra de Navidad – Tour the wildlife and nature areas here.
- Participate in scuba excursions run by Aquamor Talamanca Adventures.
- Catch a few waves with boogy boards at Playa Beach.
- Play golf at the Isla Navidad Golf Course in Manzanillo.
- Tour the city in all-terrain vehicles on the Off-Road Jungle and Beach Journey.
- Play golf at La Mantarraya.
Getting There & Around:
Playa de Oro International Airport is Colima's main tourist airport, located about 50 km from Manzanillo on the Mexico 200 motorway. Cruise ships make regular stops at Bahía de Manzanillo as well.
Once in Manzanillo, cheap city bus service is easily accessible. Taxis are also reasonable if prices are negotiated.
Explore Manzanillo by location
See other Manzanillo hotels
Cities in Mexico
16 hotels in Manzanillo
Business and leisure travellers can find what is essential for an enjoyable vacation in Mazanillo by booking a stay at the affordable accommodations of Hotel Zar Manzanillo. Holidaymakers can... More
Nestled in one of the most beautiful beaches of the impressive Mexican Pacific Ocean, the Camino Real is an ideal place to reside for both business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralThis... More
AV. Vista Hermosa NO.13 Penninsula De Santiago Map
Offering comfortable accommodations and convenient facilities, the Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe - All Inclusive is a luxurious property in one of the most sought after destinations in the Mexican... More
Dolphin Cove Inn Manzanillo offers comfortable accommodation and friendly service for the visitors of Manzanillo. The city attractions to visit include Malecon, a boardwalk offering scenic views of... More
Business and leisure travellers looking for value-for-money accommodations in this side of Mexico book a stay at City Express Hotel Manzanillo. While on a Manzanillo trip, tourists can frolic at... More
If you are looking for a place to spend a few days relaxing and to make your holiday an enjoyable one with a personalized service then the Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo is just the... More
Sheltered between the warm waters of the Pacific and the dramatic mountains of the Sierra Madres is Tesoro Resort Manzanillo, an idyllic tropical resort getaway for business and leisure travellers... More
BLVD MIGUEL DE LA MADRID : 424,ZONA INDUSTRIAL TAP Map
Experience the perfect blend of style, sophistication and service that make Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo an ideal place to enjoy a long weekend or unwind after a busy day of business. Some of the... More
Av. Lazaro Cardenas 101, Col. Las Brisas Map
Marina Puerto Dorado - All Inclusive Suite Resort is a relaxing oceanfront resort where you will find spacious suites, each with: two attached bathrooms, kitchenette, living and dining area and a... More