Cabo San Lucas hotels
What travelers to Cabo San Lucas are saying
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas is a premier resort vacation area in Mexico where a lot of spring breakers head to take advantage of the sunshine and beaches as well as the perpetual party atmosphere for which this town has become known. If you were unsure of the Cabo San Lucas reputation when you booked your trip, you need only to take a drive down The Corridor to check out all of the resorts, golf courses and condo developments that line this piece of coastal highway.
Of the entire Cabo region, Cabo San Lucas is where all of the action takes place – the parties, festivals, celebrity bashes and international competitions. You can see where the yachters and big-time fishermen hang out at the Marina Cabo San Lucas and drool over the luxury boats berthed there. Sample the fast life by booking an adventure on an authentic America's Cup Racing Yacht, where you can be part of the sailing crew for an exhilarating ocean race. Reel in a prized marlin with the Winner 7 Sport Fishing & Cruising Fleetduring your trip to Cabo San Lucas, or relax with a Jazz and Wine Touraboard a Tropical luxury boat.
Cabo San Lucas Top 10
10. The skilled artisans at the Cabo San Lucas Glass Factory offer an intriguing demonstration to tourists who want to watch then make beautiful decorative pieces from recycled glass.
5. El Arco de Cabo San Lucas is a remarkable rock formation where many tourists gather to watch whales and take in the gorgeous vista.
9. If you want to see a panoramic view of Cabo San Lucas, you should visit the Cultural Center with its viewing tower and many lovely gardens.
4. San Jose del Cabo isknown as ‘Old Town’ to the locals and features many luxurious resorts while maintaining a classical Mexican charm.
8. The Church of San Lucas is a beautiful old structure built more than 200 years ago.
3. Loreto Bay is a resort and fishing town within driving distance of Cabo San Lucas and is situated on the coast of the Sea of Cortes.
7. Land's End marksthe spot where the Sea of Cortes blends into the Pacific Ocean. This rocky land mass is popular with sea lions and other fascinating aquatic life.
2. Todos Santos is alaid-back, serene Mexican village that sits like a jewel amidst lush fruit groves and tropical farms. In town there are several galleries, cafés and boutiques.
6. Medano Beach is popular for tourists and locals alike due to its size and variety of offerings.
1. La Candelaria isan extraordinary Cabo San Lucas village surrounded by an exotic paradise landscape.
Cabo San Lucas History
- Iglesia de San Lucas – This church was built in the 18th century and is still open today.
- Lighthouse of the False Cape – Only the base is left of this old lighthouse built in the 19th century, but you can still explore the area.
- Casa de la Cultura – This preserved building from the 19th century now hosts exhibits and performances.
- Museo de las Californias – This centrally located museum features artefacts, documents and photos that show the history of the Baja Peninsula.
- Todos Santos – This small, quiet town just outside of Cabo San Lucas features historic, traditional buildings.
Cabo San Lucas Art & Culture
- Huichol Collection – See colourful beadwork by Huichol Indians at this museum and shop.
- La Fabrica de Vidrio Soplado – This unique glass-blowing factory makes unique glass items and offers a tour.
- Arte de Origen – This gallery and shop presents Mexican and South American art, mostly contemporary.
- Golden Cactus Gallery – This gallery features artworks on Cabo San Lucas by artists from around the world.
- Arte Iraca – This art gallery makes interesting accessories focusing on macramé and silver.
Cabo San Lucas Shopping
- Puerto Paraiso Shopping Mall – This large, modern mall on the marina feature loads of global brands and dining and entertainment options.
- Plaza Bonita Shopping Mall – This traditional-style plaza on the marina features shops selling colourful handicrafts, souvenirs and beachwear.
- Luxury Avenue – A number of global upmarket stores for those with deep pockets.
- The Blue Agave – This Cabo San Lucas boutique sells tequila and teaches visitors about it.
- J&J Habanos – Get authentic Cuban cigars here from a knowledgeable staff.
Gay & Lesbian Cabo San Lucas
- Hangover Bar – This gay club is open Tuesday through Sunday late into the night with a small dance floor and DJ.
- Scoop – This supperclub hosts a Rainbow Party every Friday and Saturday with discounted drinks.
- Tesoro Los Cabos – A vibrant Cabo San Lucas resort that welcomes a diverse crowd and has hosted pride events.
- ME Cabo – This adults-only resort warmly welcomes LGBT guests and throws gay parties at its onsite Passion Club.
- Pink Kitty – This is a gay-friendly nightclub where celebrities make appearances.
Cabo San Lucas Outdoor
- The Arch – Visitors can take boat tours to explore this landmark natural stone arch in Cabo San Lucas’ waters.
- Land's End – This is the endpoint where land meets sea with interesting geologic formations.
- Medano Beach – This is the main beach in the area and the most swimmable.
- Marina Cabo San Lucas – This large marina is perfect for strolling, watching the ships and dining.
- Cabo Dolphins – This dolphin centre is home to a family of bottlenose dolphins.
- Playa del Amor – This is a lovely beach that is great for swimming.
- Air Bungee – If you enjoy bungee jumping, this company has an adventure for you.
Cabo San Lucas Sport
- Play golf on the two superior courses at the Cabo del Sol Golf Club.
- Zip through the canopies with Canopy Costa Azul Eco-Adventure.
- Go off-roading through the Baja desert landscape with Sierra Buggies.
- Spend the day snorkelling in the blue waters at Chileno Beach.
- Surf at Cerritos, a well-known spot situated between Cabo San Lucas and Todos Santos.
Cabo San Lucas Events
Bisbee's Black & Blue Fishing Tournament starts off thefishing season inOctober each year in Cabo San Lucas. It draws a large group of serious fishing pros who compete for major cash prizes.
The Annual Cabo Pimp N' Ho Costume Ball takes place inOctober. This rowdy festival is an extravaganza enjoyed by celebrities, tourists and locals alike every year in Cabo San Lucas.
The Rhythm, Color and Flavors Festival kicks off the first week of December in Cabo San Lucas with a variety of food and wine-tasting events sponsored by local eateries and vintners.
The Annual Cabo Masquerade Ball in Cabo San Lucas is planned to coincide with the Memorial Day holiday weekend in the US. This gala event requires participants to wear a mask. The ball features international DJ performances, electronic music and concerts.
Goldcup Sportsfishing Tournament is a prestigious fishing competition held in the middle of October in Cabo San Lucas.
Dia de San Lucas takes place on 18 October in Cabo San Lucas. This fiesta offers parades, a carnival with games and food booths, and plenty of concerts and dances.
If you are lucky enough to spend New Year's Eve in Cabo San Lucas, you should try to get tickets to the extravagant Cabo Crystal Ball. You can dance in the New Year with about 1,200 other guests dressed like Vegas show people.
Cinco de Mayo is always a festive day in Cabo San Lucas and, as you would expect, it is always on 5 May. Salsa dancing and margaritas are mandatory.
Los Cabos Summer Dive Fiesta is an annual event in Cabo San Lucas featuring skin diving competitions, an underwater treasure hunt, and a lot of parties and prizes.
Cabo Jazz Escape is a famous music festival that takes place every December in Cabo San Lucas. Attendees can enjoy a variety of live performances, and there is a huge fireworks show at the end of this weeklong celebration.
When To Go
While it never really gets cold in Cabo San Lucas, the winter months are cooler, requiring visitors to wear long sleeves at night.
It can rain quite a bit in the summer, but the showers only last a few hours at a time. Monthly precipitation can reach as much as 9 cm (4 inches).
Los Cabos International Airport is the main gateway into Cabo San Lucas. The least expensive way to get to your lodgings from the airport is by taking a transfer bus. There are also numerous taxis, resort buses and an airport shuttle, but these are more expensive.
You may want to rent a car or a motorcycle to get around in Cabo San Lucas, but be aware that the traffic can get congested. Taxis are everywhere in Cabo San Lucas. You should negotiate your fare before taking the ride, however.
Popular with Hollywood starlets and college co-eds on spring break, Los Cabos has become the upmarket beach resort destination of choice in Mexico over the past decade. The state of Baja California Sur has always been on the radar of those in search of world class sport fish and coastal recreation. The rapid development of the Baja peninsula as a prime vacation spot has been just shy of miraculous however, when you consider the real estate transformation in the corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo over the past several years.
Barely a swath of land is left in Los Cabos not in the hands of a luxury condo developer, golf course designer or global hotel and resort chain. The result of course is a plethora of choices available to anyone who lusts after beach time in a sunny paradise a mere short hop from the continental United States.
Attractions & Activities
Restaurants & Nightlife
Weather is the main draw of Los Cabos, with warm conditions throughout the year, most notably from June to September.
- Winter (December to February) 12-24°C
- Spring (March to May) 13-31°C
- Summer (June to September) 18-35°C
- Fall (October to November) 17-32°C
Blvd San Jose Lote 10 MZ 22 Campo De Golf Map
ENJOY 3x2 CANOPY COSTA AZUL & FREE KIDS
Experience the comfortable accommodation blended with a warm hospitality and unsurpassed service at the Royal Solaris Los Cabos Resort and Spa. GeneralThe hotel also offers well-appointed meeting... More
Corporate and leisure travellers in San Jose Del Cabo find suitable base at the deluxe spaces of Hyatt Place Los Cabos, located near the historic downtown. Apart from attending to trade fairs at... More
Camino Viejo A San Jose KM 0.5 Map
Kids up to 12 years old stay FREE
Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, the Villa La Estancia Los Cabos is a best choice and assures you of complete comfort and luxury. GeneralThis hotel offers impressive meeting... More
Camino Viejo A San Jose Del Cabo Map
$35usd Spa Credit
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, this attractive property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Cabo San Lucas. GeneralThe hotel also offers 2 well-appointed... More
Awesome all round
The Casa Dorada Los Cabos is designed to connect you with the radiant beauty of the Gulf of California's golden coast, while ensuring you of exclusive comfort and privacy. GeneralThe on-site... More
Too noisy bar nearby
K.M. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose Map
Save 30% off per night
Travellers in a beach getaway find ideal haven at the beachfront and self-contained accommodations of Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Grand Spa. Tourists can take scenic photographs of the rock... More
Playa El Medano s/n Apartado Postal 460 Map
Save 45% per night
Assuring exceptional level of guest service, convenience and value, the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas Hotel is an ideal base for business and leisure travellers. GeneralIdeal for business... More
Great sister trip away
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 3, lote 10, Col. El Tezal Map
FREE Breakfast and Wireless Internet
It is a hotel with a young, fresh and minimalist look for those travelers looking for quality accommodation and a venue for your business closures.It has 4 floors with 28 suites, public areas and... More
Playa el Medano s/n Zona Hotelera Map
15% off per night
Travellers looking to enjoy a holiday under the sun can relax in style at ME Cabo - Adults Oriented. This sophisticated Cabo San Lucas resort offers chic accommodations, beach club and easy access... More
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 3, Lote 10, Col. El Tezal Map
FREE Breakfast and Wireless Internet
It is a hotel with a young, fresh and minimalist look for those travelers looking for quality accommodation and a venue for your business closures.It has floors with 135 rooms, public areas and... More