Gunung Jerai hotels
A majestic mountain made entirely of limestone, the one-and-only Gunung Jerai towers 1,217 metres above sea level, achieving a mystical height once revered by the ancient Malays from surrounding areas. This geological marvel juts out dramatically from the plains of Kedah, and once acted as a beacon for seafarers as well as Indian traders more than fifteen hundred years ago. Today, the breathtaking Gunung Jerai still overlooks the area’s bucolic plains, drawing thousands of holidaymakers every year hoping to admire the incredible heights and gorgeous panoramic views. Gunung Jerai virtually teems with all manner of rare fauna and flora, and the mountain’s curious rock formations only lend additional surrealism to an already otherworldly attraction. From Penang, Gunung Jerai’s stunning profile stands out distinctly before an illustrious sea.
- Explore Gunung Jerai to enjoy the balsamic scents that emigrate from oak and coniferous trees punctuating the landscape.
- Hike Gunung Jerai’s hidden trails and feast your eyes on wide varieties of colourful plant life, and then cool off in the mountain’s swimming areas.
- Admire the renowned Alur Naga waterfall’s majestic splendour before swimming in nearby crystal-clear streams.
Gunung Jerai can be easily reached by air, surrounding highways, and on foot. Visitors hoping to access the incredible mountain while enjoying its refreshing outdoor environment can hike from Titi Hanyun Waterfalls, Tupah Recreational Forest, and Bujang Valley Archaeological Museum. Travellers can also access the mountain along a road that runs from the bottom to its top, and van transit is available to take visitors to the resort, where several hiking trails also begin. Visitors arriving by plane might board flights from Kedah, and from Peranginan Gunung Jerai.
Refine your search
- Masjid Terapung Tanjung Bunga hotels
- Hindu Temple hotels
- Yahong Art Gallery hotels
- Gurney Drive hotels
- Wat Chaiya Mangkalaram hotels
- Botanical Gardens hotels
- Pulau Tikus Wet Market hotels
- Penang National Park hotels
- Chowrasta Wet Market hotels
- City Hall hotels
- Fort Cornwallis hotels
- Penang Museum hotels