The capital city of Kanagawa Prefecture is a main commercial hub in Greater Tokyo, Japan. Yokohama, home to more than 3.6 million people, is a lively metropolis with a diverse citizenry. As such, the premier port city offers tremendous appeal to visitors.
A humble fishing village as far back as the Edo period, it was not until Japan's gradual withdrawal from international seclusion that Yokohama began to flourish as a focal point of foreign trade. Today, the Kannai region in the city's Naka Ward harkens back to that bygone era. Home to Osanbashi Pier, Chinatown and a host of western-style architectural landmarks, Kannai is a major tourist destination in Yokohama. Other points of interest include Landmark Tower, in the immense urban development known as Minato Mirai 21. The tallest building in Japan, the Landmark Tower is conveniently located next to the splendid Yokohama Museum of Art. Last but not least, Motomachi is the city's superb, cosmopolitan shopping district.
- Sankei-en Park – This traditional park is home to many national heritage Japanese buildings.
- Hideyo Noguchi Memorial Park – The laboratory of Hideyo Noguchi, the famous bacteriologist.
- Moroka Kumano Shrine – This well-known shrine draws visitors throughout the year.
- Shomyo Temple – This temple and historic site was built in 1258 by Hojo Sanetoki and includes a lovely garden and beautiful cherry blossoms each spring.
- Old Hiyoshidai Underground Trenches – A historical place where the Japanese Navy commanders were posted during World War II.
Yokohama Art & Culture
- Yokohama Arena – The biggest arena in the country that holds concerts year round.
- Yokohama History Museum – Covers the history of Yokohama from the very beginning to the present and includes excavations from the Yayoi period next door.
- Hasseiden Museum – An ethnological museum with special regional themes and exhibits all based on the life of the farming and fishing communities in the area.
- Yokohama Museum of Art – Features the works of many well-known and influential artists and painters.
- Nippon Maru and Yokohama Port Museum – This retired ship is permanently docked and open to the public with a museum next door.
- Chinatown – The largest of its kind in Japan, it dates back to 1859.
- Yokohama World Porters – A large shopping area with a fine selection of shops, restaurants, entertainment and more.
- SOGO – One of the biggest department stores in the country and a great place to visit.
- Queen’s Square – This area offers numerous shops and has the appearance of a small town.
- Sky Building – Home to the gigantic Marui department store.
Gay & Lesbian Yokohama
- 10 Carat – A small, welcoming bar in Yokohama.
- Bar Best – An easygoing place that is open until the wee hours of the morning.
- Blanc – A local bar that offers karaoke nights.
- Cafe and Bar MW – A trendy joint with a cafe and bar and great place to hang out.
- HFS Yokohama – A friendly club that offers food and drinks.
- Marine Tower – Stop by to see the biggest on-land lighthouse worldwide.
- Hikawa Maru – This passenger ship served as a hospital during World War II and made 238 trips across the Pacific between the years 1930 and 1960.
- Sky Walk – This platform on the Bay Bridge serves as an observation deck.
- Landmark Tower – The tallest building in the country, which features a great lookout deck.
- Yamashita Park – A lush, green park with a full view of the Yokohama port.
- Looking to watch soccer? Check out the Nissan Stadium.
- The Bay Stars Stadium is a great place to watch baseball.
- Visit the Nissan Water Park for great swimming all year round.
- The Yokohama Bay Start baseball team plays in the Yokohama Stadium.
- To catch a game with the Yokohama Marinos football team, stop by the International Stadium Yokohama.
- Landmark Tower
- Yokohama Museum of Art
- Yokohama Silk Museum
- Yamashita Park
- Hakkeijima Seaparadise
- Manyou Club
- Zoo Nogeyama
- Minato Mirai 21
- Los Amigos
- Tori Dori
- Benny's Place
- The Tavern
Yokohama has a humid subtropical climate, with cool winters and hot summers.
- Winter (December to February) 2-12°C
- Spring (March to May) 4-23°C
- Summer (June to September) 17-31°C
- Fall (October to November) 8-21°C
Yokohama On Wikipedia
** Located in Yokohama ***** Good location for sightseeing **Yokohama is the second largest city in Japan. It is located less than 30 minutes south of Tokyo by train, and is the capital city of... More
Boasting luxurious accommodation and cordial hospitality, the Hotel Monterey Yokohama is an excellent venue for leisure and business travellers. GeneralThis elegant Victorian hotel provides... More
Built in unique shape of a yacht under sail, InterContinental Hotel The Grand Yokohama is an elegant hotel and an ideal venue to stay while at Yokohama. GeneralThe meeting rooms at this hotel are... More
Shibuya Mark City Nai 1-12-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Map
Featuring an elegant decor, pleasant ambience and comfortable accommodation, the Shibuya Excel Tokyu Hotel Tokyo is the perfect base for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralThe Shibuya... More
value for money
Sophisticated surroundings, understated elegance and deluxe accommodations await discerning travellers at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo. While in the Japanese capital, tourists head to Ueno Park to... More
Hotel Nikko Tokyo is a lavish abode offering elegant accommodations and breathtaking views of the city and Tokyo Bay. Conveniently located, this waterfront hotel places corporate visitors close to... More
One of the cheapest 5 star in Tokyo.
Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa/Shinagawa area is an urban base suitable for business and leisure travellers in New Takanawa. Vacationers at this Tokyo hotel can admire the artworks at Hara Museum... More
26-32/F Shinagawa East One Tower,2-16-1 Konan, Min Map
Being an oasis of relaxation,the Strings By InterContinental Tokyo offers a pleasant ambience, high standards of comfort and convenient facilities for business as well as leisure travellers. ... More
3-13-1, Takanawa, Minato-ku Map
Rate Includes breakfast
Set in an enviable location within convenient distance from local businesses and recreation sites, The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo Hotel makes for an ideal base for holidaymakers and corporate... More
Hotel Above Expectations
5-46-5 Kamata, Ota-ku Map
Stay 7 Nights & Save 10%(Single)
Vacationers visiting the vibrant city of Tokyo for the weekend or longer can find comfortable accommodations at Mystays Inn Kamata Tokyo. Holidaymakers can enjoy the rich culture in the area by... More
Refine your search
- Sangenjaya hotels
- Seikado Bunko Art Museum hotels
- Ebisu Garden Place hotels
- Beer Museum Yebisu hotels
- Oedo Onsen Monogatari hotels
- Yebisu Garden Place hotels