Ikebukuro is a district in Tokyo that is renowned as for its restaurants, shopping centres as well as entertainment. The districts of Seibu and Tobu in Ikebukuro are at constant loggerheads as they dominate the gigantic departmental outlets on either side of the train station. This vicinity has also got a reputable following of otaku enthusiasts, with butler cafes, cosplay and anime antics displayed in K-Books, Animate and Mandarake. One can even find dojinshi, which are self-published manga novels along Otome Road, which is nearby the locality of Sunshine City.
- Visit Sunshine 60, once the tallest building in Japan. This Tokyo building still prides itself as the most conspicuous construction in Tokyo, and has a wonderful array of shops in its vicinity.
- Head to Namja Town where one will definitely experience the funky side of Ikebukuro, with its stylish haunted houses, and egg-raising games to play.
- View the Tokyo ShaheedMinar – This beautiful monument is a tribute to the love for the mother language movement, which originated from Dhaka Bangladesh, and is a gift to the people of Ikebukuro by Bangladesh.
The Ikebukuro station serves as a central train terminal for a number of rail lines in Tokyo; this includes the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Yurakucho line, the Tobu-Tojo line, the JR Takasaki line and the Seibu- Ikebukuro line. Vending machines are readily available for travellers to obtain travel passes or tickets at the station. Travelling by car, bus or taxi is generally not the optimal choice as the price is generally higher, and road traffic, especially during peak hours will most likely be more trouble than a visitor would want to encounter.
1-6-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku Map
Stay 3 Nights & Save 20%
Stylish and sophisticated, Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo offers discerning urbane travellers an ideal base with deluxe accommodations and central location in the Japan capital. This Tokyo hotel is... More
1-39-4 Higashi-ikebukuro,Toshima-ku,Tokyo 170-0013 JAPAN Map
Book 21 Days In Advance & Save 15%
Travellers looking to explore vibrant Tokyo with ease find ideal starting point at the centrally located accommodations of the b ikebukuro Hotel Tokyo. While in the capital city of Japan, tourists... More
Great Location! Great Service!
Assuring personalised service and high standards of comfort, the Rihga Royal Hotel Tokyo is an ideal place to reside for business as well as leisure travellers. LocationLocated on the edge of... More
Grand City Hotel Toshima offers comfortable accommodation for the guests with modern facilities and quality services. This hotel is an ideal place for the travellers in this city. Wild life... More
Refine your search
- Sunshine City hotels
- Mejiro hotels
- Waseda hotels
- Higashi-Shinjuku hotels
- Kaisei University Living History Museum hotels
- Shinjuku Station hotels
- Nishi-Shinjuku hotels
- Iidabashi hotels
- Tokyo Dome City hotels
- Nezu Jinja Shrine hotels
- LaQua hotels
- University of Tokyo hotels