Hiroshima International Airport hotels
Top Activities Near Hiroshima International Airport
Hiroshima International Airport is 50 km from the city of Hiroshima, just a 40-minute drive away by car. The modern city of Hiroshima is a vibrant and busy place, and many of the city’s demolished historic monuments have been rebuilt following the 1945 destruction. The city dates back to the 16th century. Hiroshima has many hotels which are convenient to the airport, including the Ark Hotel in the centre of the city.
- Visit The Children’s Peace Monument
- Grab some tasty snacks from the Okonomi Mura in Shintenchi Naka
- Spend some time improving your mind at the Global Lounge Book Shop in the Nakano Building
- Go to Carp Castle in Naka
- Take a trip to Shukkei Garden and admire the traditional Japanese gardens
There are plenty of opportunities to sample traditional Japanese cuisine in Hiroshima, and the hotels at Hiroshima International Airport also offer a good selection of cafes and restaurants. Most of the dining options are suitable for those travellers on a budget. Check out these options:
- Ikawa Ryokan Hotel
- Ark Hotel Restaurant
- Peace Pot
Hiroshima is a cosmopolitan city that has managed to develop beyond its tragic past. While there is a wealth of history to explore here, with lasting tributes to peace following the events of 1945, there are many other attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy.