Stellar Sorrento has one of the most enviable locations conceivable, with desirable proximity to Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, Positano and Pompeii. The Bay of Naples coastal town has more than geography as a notable claim to fame. The home of limoncello and amaro producers, both indelible titans of Italian spirits, also knows how to drink, eat and live well. Clearly, life is good in Sorrento.
A sleepy but altogether welcome step back in time, with settlement ruins that date back to 600 BC, Sorrento has been a formidable milieu of inspiration for the likes of Sir Walter Scott, Lord Byron, Keats, Goethe and generations of Italian writers and artists. With pristine scenery and comfy nooks around every corner, a few days in Sorrento is enough bring out the poet in anyone. As a stopover and point of access to a wide variety of notable destinations up and down the coast, not to mention the region of Campania in Italy, it gets no better.
- Sorrento Cathedral (Duomo) – On the Corso Italia, this Sorrento cathedral boasts a simple exterior but an exuberant interior.
- St Anthony Basilica (Basilica di San Antonino) – Built in the 10th century, its attractions include valuable artwork and a noteworthy crypt.
- Piazza della Vittoria – Enjoy the excellent views of Sorrento's bay and coastline.
- Piazza Tasso – A busy public square surrounded by countless historical landmarks.
- Sedil Dominova – This 15th-century landmark features elaborate architecture.
Sorrento Art & Culture
- Museo Nazionale di San Martino – This museum features a wealth of artefacts relating to Sorrento’s history and traditions.
- Museo Duca di Martina – This museum boasts a great collection of porcelain figurines.
- Castel Nuovo Museo Civico – Built in 1279, this stunning castle houses the Museo Civico. The museum contains frescoes from the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Museo Nazionale di Capodimonte – A collection of old master paintings and decorative arts.
- Museo Principe di Aragona Pignatelli Cortes – Packed with decorative porcelain, furniture, artwork and noble carriages.
- Limonoro – Home to one of the greatest souvenirs to be found in Sorrento.
- l’Alambicco – A wine and limoncello shop found in the old centre of Sorrento.
- Iolanda moda e accessory – A leather and fashion shop offering a wide range of bags and shoes, and a shopping haven for the ladies.
- Notturno Intarsio – Home to beautiful wooden goods, the perfect place to seek out souvenirs for friends and family.
- Gelateria Davide – A quaint ice cream parlour famous for its fruity ice cream.
Gay & Lesbian Sorrento
- Chantecler – The place to be to enjoy a laid-back atmosphere.
- Chaplin's Video Pub – This pub stocks a great selection of drinks and maintains a vibrant atmosphere.
- Fauno Bar – Popular with locals, this bar is home to a packed terrace area.
- Fauno Notte Club – A lively venue great for dancing.
- Li'Ly – A classic disco lounge that attracts Sorrento’s younger residents.
- Villa Comunale Park – A small, charming park featuring exotic plants and beautiful panoramic views.
- Punta Campanella Marine Reserve – This tranquil wildlife reserve is rich in wildlife and grants many scenic views.
- Queen Joan's Baths (Bagni di Regina Giovanna) – Located on the outskirts of Sorrento, these baths possess a long and fascinating history.
- Via del Capo – An ideal place to take a stroll on a spare afternoon.
- Marina Grande (Big Marina) Beach – The Marina Grande is the highlight of many trips to Sorrento. The perfect venue in which to enjoy stunning harbour front views.
- Cheer on Sorrento Calcio football team at the Stadio Italia.
- Check out the jet skiers at the beach at Punta del Capo.
- Catch the participants of the Giro d'Italia as they compete in the long-distance road bicycle racing stage race in late May and early June.
- Watch nine holes of golf at the Circolo Golf Napoli.
- Enjoy watching water sports from the shore of Leonelli’s Beach.
- Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
- Punta del Capo
- Chiesa di San Francesco
- Museo Correale di Terranova
- Roman Ruins
- Amalfi Coast Drive
- Sorrento International Film Festival
- Festival of Sant'Andrea
- Regatta of the Ancient Maritime Republics
- Sorrento Summer of Music
- Il Buco
- Don Alfonso 1890
- Il Pozzo
- Chaplin's Pub
- Taverna dell' 800
- Circolo dei Forestieri
- The English Inn
The Mediterranean climate of Sorrento is ideal, with beautiful summers and mild winters. The months of October, November and December receive the most rain on average.
- Winter (December to February) 4-14°C
- Spring (March to May) 6-23°C
- Summer (June to September) 15-30°C
- Fall (October to November) 8-22°C
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
An ideal spot for your vacation in Sorrento and on the Amalfi Coast, Villa Oriana Relais is a perfect base for discovering the artistic and natural wonders of the area. GeneralThe comfortable... More
Eden Hotel Sorrento, surrounded by luxurious gardens, bestows great ambience and comfort. The hotel's decor is influenced by Mediterranean style. Many of the city's major attractions lie close to... More
Whether in Sorrento for a quick break or a long vacation, Ascot Hotel Sorrento makes for an ideal base with its comfortable accommodations and quality services in a convenient location. While in... More
Placed in an ideal and peaceful position with panoramic view on the Gulf of Naples, this property is an ideal place to reside while in Sorrento. GeneralGuests staying at this hotel can avail the... More
Via Nastro Verde N, 88 Map
20% Off - Book Now & Save 20%
Offering pleasant accommodation, this property provides an atmosphere of being at home while away from home. GeneralThis hotel offers well-equipped meeting rooms for organising various important... More
The Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel is conveniently located for guests looking to explore the delights of Sorrento such as the Museo Bottega della Tasia Lignea, Sedile Dominova, and the Chiesa di San... More
Via Santa Maria delle Grazie, 24 Map
Special Offer - Not Refundable
Colourful and charming, Astoria Hotel Sorrento makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore this picturesque part of Italy. This hotel in Sorrento offers comfortable accommodations and... More
Via Capo 15 Map
17% Off - Stay 7 Nights & Save 17%
A prestigious four-star Superior hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of... More
If you are planning for an ideal holiday destination in Sorrento, the Mediterraneo Hotel is a perfect place for you to reside. GeneralConference facilities are also available for people travelling... More
Refine your search
- Sorrento railway station hotels
- Pompeii hotels
- Herculaneum hotels
- Mount Vesuvius hotels
- Port of Naples hotels
- Spaccanapoli street hotels
- Castel dell'Ovo hotels
- Posillipo hotels
- Parco Virgiliano hotels
- Castel Nuovo hotels
- Royal Palace of Naples hotels
- Piazza del Plebiscito hotels