Porta Maggiore hotels
The Porta Maggiore, which translates to “Larger Gate” in English, is one of the eastern gates in the Aurelian Walls of Rome, Italy. The Porta Maggiore is constructed out of limestone, was built in the year 52 by Emperor Claudius, and was made a part of the Aurelian Wall in 271. This gate is known as one of the best spots in Rome to get a view of the ancient system of aqueducts that once ran through the city. These ruins are some of the best-preserved in Rome and a must-visit for those interested in ancient architecture and engineering.
- Explore the exterior of the Porta Maggiore and walk beneath the white limestone double archway, where two ancient channels of the Rome aqueducts once converged.
- Check out the Tomb of the Baker near the Porta Maggiore and see one of the most interesting burial sites in Rome, as it is built in the shape of an oven to honour bakers.
- Walk around the Piazza di Porta Maggiore, the square where the gate is located, and you will see a collection of interesting sculptures as well as many great spots to people watch.
Rome is a city filled with ruins worth seeing, so one of the best ways to enjoy the Porta Maggiore is by taking a guided tour through the city. This way you will not miss any of the sites and will have an expert guide to tell you about the historic relevance of each location. Those who want to use the train should get off at the Termini station, just a short walk from the Porta Maggiore as well as several other important Rome attractions. Walking is the best way to see all of the sights in Rome.
Via Carlo Alberto 3 Map
Free Wi-Fi is available in all areas
Assuring high standards of comfort and friendly atmosphere, this property is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralGuests travelling on business purpose can make use of... More
Great holidays, great location
UNA Hotel Rome presents warm hospitality and modern lodging for travellers on business or leisure stay. The hotel provides convenient transit options to the city attractions. This property is... More
Via Liberiana 21 Map
Free WIFI available in all areas
Boasting a central location, Hotel Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi Rome welcomes travellers to plan their vacation stay at this hotel and enjoy the modern comforts offered to them. To learn more about... More
Hotel Eurostars Roma Aeterna placed in the historic Building of Pharmaceutical Serono has a spectacular architecture, with modern interiors and revolutionary curves forms and materials. The... More
Via Dei Liguri 7, Prenestino Map
Free WIFI in common areas
Presenting the latest modern comforts coupled with renowned quality and courtesy, the Villa San Lorenzo Maria Hotel Rome is a place for those seeking calm and tranquillity whilst being close to the... More
Combining the requirements of today's clients, with an elegant and relaxing atmosphere, the Milton Hotel pampers all guests with excellent services and outstanding facilities that will respond to... More
Via S. Martino ai Monti 18 Map
Free WiFi is available in all areas
Assuring comfortable accommodation with quality service, the Tirreno Hotel Rome offers an inviting atmosphere and the most gracious hospitality to its guests. GeneralDuring leisure, you can... More
Holiday In Rome
Whether in the city for business or leisure, travellers find suitable haven at Hotel Laurentia Rome with its classic ambience and comfortable accommodations set in a central location. This Rome... More
Hotel Tuscolana Rome is a budget-friendly hotel that is set within convenient access to public transportations and must-see attractions in Rome. Discerning travellers exploring the Italy capital... More
Refine your search
- Santa Croce in Gerusalemme hotels
- Amphitheatrum Castrense hotels
- Piazza di Porta San Giovanni hotels
- Istituto Europeo di Design hotels
- St John Lateran hotels
- The Via Sannio hotels
- Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II hotels
- Basilica di San Lorenzo fuori le Mura hotels
- Sapienza University of Rome hotels
- Santi Quattro Coronati hotels
- Pontifical Oriental Institute hotels
- Basilica di San Clemente hotels