Piazzale Michelangelo hotels
If you have ever seen a postcard of Florence, Italy then you have almost undoubtedly seen the views from Piazzale Michelangelo, as the magnificent panoramic vision offers the most amazing perspective of the city. Piazzale Michelangelo is situated atop a hill in the Oltramo district of Florence just south of the city’s historic centre. The square was designed by Giuseppe Poggi in 1869 as part of the redevelopment of the left bank of the River Arno. Aside from the spectacular views, this historic square houses replicas of some of the legendary artist’s most famous works.
- Stroll through the centre of Piazzale Michelangelo to see bronze replicas of Michelangelo’s David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo that were brought from Florence in 1873.
- Walk along the Viale Galilei to the picturesque San Miniato Al Monte Church, an 11th century structure that houses a number of Florence’s elite in impressive ornamented tombs.
- Eat pasta with scallops while enjoying panoramic views of the city from the balconies of La Loggia del Piazzale Michelangelo, the scenic restaurant located in the square.
Most of the people who come to Piazzale Michelangelo from the city centre do so aboard massive tourist buses that drop them off in the square. If you have a hired or private car you can take the scenic drive up the tree-lined Viale Michelangelo while enjoying the scenery along the way. There are buses that go directly to Piazzale Michelangelo from the Santa Maria Novella Train Station and many people choose to make the walk back to the city, as there are stairs with amazing views of the twinkling lights of Florence below.
The Rosary Garden Hotel pampers its guests with an attentive and personal care, providing carefully selected and high quality services. GeneralThe cosy lobby is also an ideal place to relax with a... More
This Neo renaissance romantic villa with a breathtaking view of the city of Florence, Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence is harmoniously surrounded by an Italian-style garden and a park sloping down... More
The Hotel Silla is a perfect mix of modern conveniences together with the charm of a XVII Century villa, beautifully set on the left bank of the historical Florentine river. GeneralEnjoy the... More
Refine your search
- Basilica di San Miniato al Monte hotels
- Piazzale Michelangelo hotels
- Giardino Bardini hotels
- San Miniato Al Monte hotels
- Cimitero Delle Porte Sante hotels
- Uffizi Gallery hotels
- Teatro Verdi hotels
- National Central Library hotels
- Palazzo Vecchio hotels
- Baptistery hotels
- Campanile hotels
- Piazza Santa Croce hotels