Peretola Airport hotels
Peretola Airport, also known as the Florence Airport, is Italy's first commercial airport and is located in the Sesto district. The airport is named after the city's most famous native, Amerigo Vespucci, and provides easy access to Italy's many historic cities. Dating back to 1910, the primitive airfield gradually morphed into the Peretola Airport, welcoming its first passengers in 1940 on the DC-3 Aerea Teseo airplane. Today, more than 1.7 million passengers on 19 different airlines pass through this well-known airport. Its modern facilities include three cafes and restaurants, 11 shops, banking services, and a currency exchange office.
- Peretola Airport is only 5 kilometres west of Florence's city centre, and provides quick access to the nearby popular city of Pisa, which is about 84 kilometres west of Florence.
- Catch a flight from the Peretola Airport to the larger international airport, the Galileo Galliei in Pisa to visit other top European destinations.
- Arrive to the airport closest to excellent hotels in Old Town in central Florence; with convenient public transport to the city, travellers can easily visit most top destinations within the area.
After enjoying a fabulous holiday in Italy, visitors can easily reach the Peretola Airport by car, bus, private transport, train, or taxi. By car, access the airport from the A11/E76. The one-way street and loop near the airport is a little tricky, but the well-marked signs are most helpful when navigating to the departure gates. From Florence, the Volainubus Airport Shuttle provides service from the Autostazione Sita, near Firenze SMN, to the airport. Many of the hotels offer shuttle busses and private transfer to the airport, and taxi service is readily available.
Via Francesco Baracca 231 Map
15% Off - Book Now & Save 15%
The elegant and prestigious Mirage Hotel Florence represents the ideal solution for business travellers and at the same time for those who want to be a few minutes from the centre in this splendid... More
Situated in a quiet residential area, Airport Hotel Florence is a perfect choice for business and leisure travellers or is an ideal base for a relaxing weekend in Florence. GeneralBusiness guests... More
Refine your search
- Giardino Corsi hotels
- Basilica Of San Lorenzo hotels
- San Lorenzo Market hotels
- Museo Stibbert hotels
- Santa Maria Novella Train station hotels
- Church of Santa Maria Novella hotels
- Mercato Centrale hotels
- Basilica di San Lorenzo hotels
- Medici Chapels (Cappelle Medicee) hotels
- Marino Marini Museum hotels
- Santa Maria Novela Basilica hotels
- Ponte Vecchio hotels